PPV news thread #2

telvisnostic

[1]Nov 2, 2007
    • level: 52

rohrieII

roh

ROH "Respect Is Earned II" will premiere on pay-per-view on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems this Friday, August 1st. There will also be replays on iN DEMAND this Sunday at 6pm and if you get the 3rd iN DEMAND PPV channel this Saturday at 8pm. You can also see it on The DISH Network's All Day Ticket this Sunday. For an affordable price of $9.95-$14.95 all we ask is that you give ROH a chance to earn your respect.

A few journalists have already seen an advanced copy. We can hype this PPV all we want, but nothing speaks more than what impartial critics have said. Did ROH earn their respect?

"All in all, yet another strong showing from what's turning into the best kept secret on PPV, Ring of Honor. The ROH Tag Team bout between champs Age of the Fall and challengers Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries is worth the $10 price tag alone. The Fight Without Honor between Strong and Stevens is a fitting end to their feud with the blow-off grudge match we rarely see in the realm of sports entertainment. From top to bottom, if you want athletics in your wrestling, you want ROH, who start their second year of PPVs the same as their first - with a wrestling PPV focused on great wrestling." - Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com

"The show (TNA Victory Road) paled in comparison to the Respect is Earned II from ROH (I've seen the show, which debuts at the end of the month) when it came to wrestling and logic...." - Dave Meltzer in the July 21st Wrestling Observer Newsletter

"I highly recommend this PPV when it premiers this Friday on PPV. You won't get more value for your dollar than you do with ROH PPVs. Stevens and Black are really stepping up and becoming must-see performers in the company. Their performances on this show are the highlights of the PPV. The production on this show was fantastic by ROH standards as well." - Sean Radican at PWTorch.com

August 1st is the date that pro wrestling becomes a sport again on PPV.

No silly backstage vignettes, nothing that will insult your intelligence, no lame attempts at comedy, just the best action and matches from the opening match to the main event.

Here is the lineup for "Respect Is Earned II" on pay-per-view starting on August 1st.

Give ROH a chance to earn your respect with this card on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems:

ROH World Tag Team Title Match Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black defend vs. Bryan Danielson & Austin Aries

ROH World Title Match Nigel McGuinness defends vs. Go Shiozaki

Fight Without Honor Erick Stevens vs. Roderick Strong

Six Man Tag Team Match Brent Albright,Delirious & Pelle Primeau vs. Chris Hero, Adam Pearce & Eddie Edwards

Singles Competition Claudio Castagnoli vs. Davey Richards

Tag Team Challenge Ruckus & Jigsaw vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Plus more with Larry Sweeney, Sara Del Rey, Daizee Haze and many others!!!.

rohwrestling.com

Edited on 07/29/2008 7:16pm
    Edited 6 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kametsou

[5]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 31
    I love the Rising Above poster.

lightning_kf

[8]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 36
    telvisnostic wrote:
    Man Up

December 10, 2007

I ordered my very first Pro-Wrestling PPV last week. I know I've stated many times that I just can't bring myself to pay for wrestling after being a part of it for so long, but after the insistence of Bryan Alvarez that this was an absolute must see show, I sucked it up and ordered the ROH Man Up PPV.

I don't think I enjoyed the show as much as Bryan did, but it was still, absolutely worth the money and an extremely great show. There were a lot of things I absolutely loved about the show and a few things that I did not. The difference for me between ROH and WWE or TNA is that the things I didn't like about the ROH show were more a matter of taste than anything else.

I'm not a huge fan of the stronger more dangerous, reckless abandon s.tyle of wrestling that is quite prominent in ROH. I'm far more conscious of people's long-term health now that we better understand the risks of concussion and drug use due to injuries, so watching guys working this hard, taking such big risks, did detract from my over all enjoyment. That being said I still loved the majority of the show, and recommend it very highly.

I think the most amazing thing about this show, aside from the incredible work rate of the boys, is that the show was so amazingly easy to follow and get into. ROH doesn't have regular TV, and I do not follow their product on DVD. There were maybe 4 guys on the show whose work I was familiar with, and I had no knowledge of the feuds or angles building up to this show, yet I understood and could follow EVERYTHING.

I remember every match; I remember all the guys who were on the show, and for the most part understand who were heels and faces, I know who was feuding with whom, and everyone's general character and place in the company. Several people got over on the show and stood out, yet no one came off looking bad either. There were no run ins or bull **** finishes, and yet ROH still managed to tell some stories and extend some programs that I would like to see followed up. This to me is how a show should be booked. I went in to this show without any knowledge of the product, yet I could follow it and understand it; I enjoyed it immensely, and at the end of the show was left with a desire to see more. If that isn't a home run I don't know what is, and on top of that it only cost me $20. (In some areas it was as cheap as $10 or $15)

If you are looking for a faster paced, more realistic alternative to WWE or even TNA, ROH is where you should be looking. ROH Man Up provided death defying stunts, great wrestling, amazing high spots, with great easy to follow booking and story telling, with non of the embarrassing mindless nonsense, of Leprechauns running through walls, pointless gimmick matches, endless run ins, and un honored promises and stipulations. ROH isn't Sports Entertainment, ROH is an Entertaining Sport; ROH is WRESTLING!

For the safety of the boys, I hope they tone down the "death defying" aspect of their work rate a bit, but other than that ROH is awesome, and if you haven't seen Man Up yet, you have to order this show on replay or track it down on DVD. It's the most entertainment per dollar you can find on PPV. Congratulations to everyone who worked on this show, and thank you for the entertainment you provided me.

Lance Storm

www.stormwrestling.com

Very interesting and entertaining read by Lance Storm.

zombieKILLER25

[9]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    telvisnostic wrote:

ROH & Smashing Pumpkins Reach Partnership
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ring Of Honor is pleased to announced that it has reached a partnership with Grammy award winning artists The Smashing Pumpkins for a cross promotion. "Doomsday Clock" off The Smashing Pumpkins' latest album "Zeitgeist" will be prominently featured on theROH "Undeniable" pay-per-view.

"Undeniable" will debut on January 18th with replays throughout the rest of January on iN DEMAND, The DISH Network and TVN cable systems. In addition, the melodic tones of "Doomsday Clock" provide the backdrop for an exclusive ROH video released by The Smashing Pumpkins.

Check out the action of ROH at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmp1HaBcRws

You can also read the news piece at SmashingPumpkins.com and access the video at: http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2924

"As a long time fan of Ring of Honor, I am thrilled that our song 'Doomsday Clock' has been chosen to be the theme music for the newest PPV," Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgin said. "To me, the highlight video captures the intensity, passion, and stark ambition that is at the core of this groundbreaking promotion, as they continue to set new standards of what is still possible in the impossible."

The Smashing Pumpkins and ROH will also giveaway a signed discography worth $299.00 at ROHwrestling.com. There will be news on the giveaway soon in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire at ROHwrestling.com. "Doomsday Clock" provides the perfect song for the hard-hitting, high-flying, intense action of ROH.

Check it out now on The Smashing Pumpkins' latest album "Zeitgeist" now available in stores everywhere and on Itunes.

rohwrestling.com

Yeah doesnt corgan love wrestling? I remember seeing a video of him on ecw. He bashed, I think steve corino in the face with a guitar or something.

telvisnostic

[14]Jul 29, 2008
    It's been updated in the first post.
    Edited on 07/29/2008 7:55pm

telvisnostic

[15]Sep 1, 2008

Next PPv:

rohnh

Airs Sept. 26

telvisnostic

[16]Nov 5, 2008

rohdII

In Demand wrote:
    Friday, November 14, 2008 Larry Sweeney has taken the wrestling world by storm. A cunning character known for controlling minds, corrupting talent and stepping on the weak, Sweeney's Sweet & Sour Inc. has set a new standard for greed and gluttony. The man will stop at nothing in his quest to dominate the wrestling world for his own personal gain. Can one man's greed bring the wrestling world to its knees? Don't miss the explosive action at the worldwide premiere of Ring of Honor: Driven; Premiering November 14, 2008 on Events iN DEMAND Pay-Per-View. Get the details at www.rohwrestling.com

telvisnostic

[17]Nov 20, 2008
    Wrestlezone wrote:
    DirecTV and Ring of Honor have announced a deal together that will see ROH PPV's added to their line-up beginning sometime in early 2009. The first PPV announced to air with DirecTV will be the recently taped "Rising Above" show featuring Nigel McGuiness vs Bryan Danielson. DirecTV will be offering ROH Classics in addition to all PPV's as an InDemand feature.