Will ROH ever get a TV deal?

romo70

[1]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 18
    I was wondering if anyone thought that there is a possibility of ROH getting on mainstream television in the future. I think they would have a good audience since the company has a dedicated fanbase. What are your thoughts?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 52

They had one before when they first began and it didn't work.

But now that they are established, I could see it working. They don't have to be glitzy or anything like that. They could just use the format they have now and run with it.

They air in Canada and in the UK so why not the states?

romo70

[3]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    It would be great if ROH got a TV deal since their presence could put heat on a company like WWE and maybe force them to make some changes to their show. In the end competition will benefit the viewers since everyone will be trying harder to outdo each other. By the way I wonder what channel ROH would look into? What station did they air originally on when they first started?

telvisnostic

[4]Feb 25, 2008

I can't remember the station they aired on originally. But it was from Pennsylvania though.

I'd probaly have them go on a channel where is won't cost them a lot of money.

lu31605

[5]Jul 16, 2008
    • level: 1

They aired in Fox Sports the first time I believe.

I hope they do change to TV. Buying dvds gets costy after a while.

telvisnostic

[6]Oct 22, 2008
    by Mike Johnson @ 2008-10-22 17:12:03

For those who have asked about rumors about a pending ROH TV deal, do not get overexcited about the immediate prospects as there isn't much to the story yet. There have been discussions in recent weeks with a least one outlet that I will not name as I cannot second source it, but ROH sources cite any discussions as "extremely preliminary."

One of ROH owner Cary Silkin's main goals in the last year or so has been to find the company some sort of television deal, but Silkin has long realized that they need to have a legitimate partnership in order for a TV deal to keep the company solvent, much less profitable. In the past the company has spoken to Versus, the G4 Network and MavTV (among others), but none of those talks moved past the early stages.

Internally, ROH is focused on their next set of live shows and everything is "business as usual."

So, I would take the story as no different than other past potential discussions with different broadcast outlets at this point, something that could be a possibility, as opposed to something concrete about to be announced.

While Ring of Honor does have an announcement scheduled for Monday, that announcement will not be anything television related, so anyone assuming so is believing fiction. There is nothing imminent about to unfold on a ROH TV front.

-pwinsider.com