For most of 2007, I've been hearing people rave about this promotion Ring of Honor. So, I checked a few of the matches out and..........WOW. How could I have missed them for all of this time, man? Here are some of the matches I have seen:
- Samoa Joe and Jushin "Thunder" Liger Vs Low Ki and Brian Danielson.
- Ricky Reyes Vs Puma
- Scramble Steel Cage Match
- Jimmy Jacobs Vs B.J Whitmer (Steel Cage Match)
- Nigel McGuinness Vs Marafuji (GHC World Title Match) - Pro Wrestling NOAH's most prestigious title being defended outside of Japan for the first time ever.
- Christopher Daniels Vs Matt Hardy (shocking, isn't it? Matt was in ROH)
And all of them were great. Not only that, the list of people who made appearances in ROH are something else. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Abdullah The Butcher, Christian, Terry Funk, Paul Bearer, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Great Muta, Bobby Heenan, Dusty Rhodes, James Cornette, Eddie Guerrero. Simply put, the best of the best have been in ROH for a small period of time. Cool.
Now comes to the point of this review: why in the blue hell do fans, TNA fans mind you, bash the living hell out of Ring of Honor? Why? I see no reason to bash them, and these are the reasons why:
- They don't have a TV deal.
- ROH is nothing more than a spotfest.
That's it? That's the reason why they say Ring of Honor sucks????? Please.
- TNA fans are just scared of the fact that their company is not doing well AT ALL.
- They constantly brag about "They Are Wrestling" yet they have to rehash old gimmicks from the WWE, flood their roster with other wrestlers just to get ratings (which they aren't getting) and other stuff.
- Their storylines are doing very badly, yet they talk crap about ROH not having storylines.
- TNA is turning into their own WWE, with the fact that they suspended one of their wrestlers for wearing an ROH shirt during one of their house shows.
- WWF, WCW, ECW (I think), NJPW, AJPW, and many other promotions. All of these have one thing in common. Various titles from other promotions have been defended all over the world. If TNA is "wrestling," why can't they do the same? Or better yet, have their titles defended overseas? Oh wait, their profits are bad, VERY bad. I rest my case.
I can go on and on with some of the reasons why TNA is going down, and they fear Ring of Honor, but I won't. Honestly, if you are a real wrestling fan, you will like any promotion no matter what TV channel they're on or anything like that.
This is Lightning_KF. And I'm out.