Ringer Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

Cancelled

Rachel_225

[1]May 11, 2012
    • level: 3

Bye bye, Ringer! It was fun.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agonzal3x

[2]May 12, 2012
    • level: 2
    i hate cancel the shows that way, should make a couple episodes to end the series

hydrorecords

[3]May 12, 2012
    • level: 4

I guess we'll never see how this one ends... bummer, it was a clever premise.

-Master_K-

[4]May 13, 2012
    • level: 37

This bites

I'm going to miss, once again, being able to see SMG every Tuesday on my TV screen after so many years since Buffy.

wm4

[5]May 13, 2012

I will miss it too.

Unfortunately, the shows depend on how many ppl watch it realtime
    (and how many ppl watch the commericals), not the thoughts about it
    a few days or weeks later. At the bottom line a serious mystery drama
    did not do as good as a casual soap opera, in this situation.

Like human is not the best interest for Americans anymore.

mrquito

[6]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5

I like SMG as an actress but RINGER was OK......I dont really know where the show could've gone in season 2 or 3??....

DocKev

[7]May 14, 2012
    mrquito wrote:

I like SMG as an actress but RINGER was OK......I dont really know where the show could've gone in season 2 or 3??....

What do you mean? The possibilities were endless:
    Season 2: Bridget fakes her death and Siobahn pretends to be Bridget!
    Season3: BOTH Bridget and Siobahn fake their deaths, and their secret, unknown triplet, who was given up for adoption at birth (played by SMG), pretends to be Bridget & Siobahn.
    Season 4: The secret unknown triplet fakes her death, and BOTH Bridget & Siobahn pretend to be the triplet sister.

I should have been a TV script writer!

wm4

[8]May 14, 2012

DocKev wrote:
    What do you mean? The possibilities were endless: Season 2: ....

If you are the writer and I am Cryus I will cancel it.

Sorry. Cool Cool Cool

loey12886

[9]May 14, 2012
    • level: 10
    DocKev wrote:
    mrquito wrote:

What do you mean? The possibilities were endless:
    Season 2: Bridget fakes her death and Siobahn pretends to be Bridget!
    Season3: BOTH Bridget and Siobahn fake their deaths, and their secret, unknown triplet, who was given up for adoption at birth (played by SMG), pretends to be Bridget & Siobahn.
    Season 4: The secret unknown triplet fakes her death, and BOTH Bridget & Siobahn pretend to be the triplet sister.

I should have been a TV script writer!

No offense but those will get boring after awhile.

Each faking their own death and pretending to be one another, come on would need something more interesting than that

DocKev

[10]May 14, 2012

loey12886 wrote:
    DocKev wrote:
    mrquito wrote:

What do you mean? The possibilities were endless: Season 2: Bridget fakes her death and Siobahn pretends to be Bridget! Season3: BOTH Bridget and Siobahn fake their deaths, and their secret, unknown triplet, who was given up for adoption at birth (played by SMG), pretends to be Bridget & Siobahn. Season 4: The secret unknown triplet fakes her death, and BOTH Bridget & Siobahn pretend to be the triplet sister. I should have been a TV script writer!
    No offense but those will get boring after awhile. Each faking their own death and pretending to be one another, come on would need something more interesting than that

What? You mean I don't have what it takes to be a dramatic TV writer? But could I make it as a comedy writer?

KasenStuff

[11]May 19, 2012
    • level: 5

DocKev wrote:
    mrquito wrote:

What do you mean? The possibilities were endless: Season 2: Bridget fakes her death and Siobahn pretends to be Bridget! Season3: BOTH Bridget and Siobahn fake their deaths, and their secret, unknown triplet, who was given up for adoption at birth (played by SMG), pretends to be Bridget & Siobahn. Season 4: The secret unknown triplet fakes her death, and BOTH Bridget & Siobahn pretend to be the triplet sister. I should have been a TV script writer!

Yeah... sorry... but... that's horrible. You should definitely not give up your day job

This show was great and I wish it was given a chance. In fact, I'm a bit surprised. Just a little while ago I read it was on the "likely to be renewed" list.

Edited on 05/19/2012 7:27am

No1Slayerette

[12]May 26, 2012
    • level: 9

Well obviously The CW had tocancell two shows and it came done to all their freshman series (Ringer, The Secret Circle, Hart of Dixie) and Nikita.

Ratings wise, Nikita probably should have been cancelled (but I'm glad it didn't). I think it came down to the fact the Hart of Dixie was more on brand for The CW than Ringer was, after all it was originally intended for CBS. Plus, Hart of Dixie is now being paired with The CW's other new medical drama Emily Owens, M.D. so it made more sense to keep that than Ringer. To be honest I was quite surprised The Secret Circle was cancelled too, I was hoping earlier in the season that The CW might have tried to finish up it's fast aging dramas in Gossip Girl and 90210, but I guess because they both stayed, they're was less more for the freshman shows... On well.