Ringer Forums

The CW (ended 2012)

official discussion thread 1x10 thats what you get trying to kill me

jack756

[1]Nov 16, 2011
    • level: 14

talk about the ep here..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 9

No discussion yet!?

A lot of big stuff happened in this episode so I guess it made for a good mid-season finale. Surprised that they actually killed off Gemma, and a little disappointed too, hoped she would stay around to cause trouble for both Bridget and Siobhan (but then again I suppose that's why she had to die). I wonder what convinced the writers to keep her around so long when they were going to kill her anyway (other than to have an exciting death in the mid-season finale). Glad Charlie/ John died, he was getting annoying.

Every character is seriously boring me now (Malcolm, Agent Machado etc.) so I hope they begin to focus more on Siobhan's plans and motivations, as well as her manipulations of all of the characters within the show, because everyone else is just blah. Also, hope to see more of Andrew's business partner, Olivia, she's a seriously fun thorn in Bridget/ Siobhan's side.

Will be interesting to see where the writers take Henry now that Gemma is dead.

Also, what a disappointing cameo that was from Amber Benson. Not a great way to get Buffy fan watching, Ringer writers!

No1Slayerette

[3]Nov 30, 2011

Oh oh oh, and I almost forgot. Juliet's so crazy! Will be interesting to see where this goes too. While Juliet is most obviously lying about Carpenter raping her, it would be great to see the writers turn this around and have her accusations be true. Now that would be entertaining.

Fakistoteles

[4]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 5

No1Slayerette wrote:

Oh oh oh, and I almost forgot. Juliet's so crazy! Will be interesting to see where this goes too. While Juliet is most obviously lying about Carpenter raping her, it would be great to see the writers turn this around and have her accusations be true. Now that would be entertaining.

It'd be really interesting if they actually turned it around, but c'mon; She got humiliated in front of her friend, and she does something to get back at the teacher. But this show has had so many twists and turns, that this little small change of the teacher actually raping her wouldn't be the biggest one.. great mid-season finale; And the writers have stepped it up!

Fakistoteles

[6]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 5

No1Slayerette wrote:

Sorry, wrong by me. I just noticed there's one more episode, which is presumeably the mid-season finale?

rentlover1

[7]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 8

No that wasdefinitelythe mid season finale. The trailer for Episode 11 states that the show will return Jan 10th 2012.

Loved the episode. So sad that Gemma died. I really thought they were keeping her alive. But it was clearly a mislead (she's dead, wait no she isn't, oh yes she is- kinda thing).

Shiv being back in New York will be interesting and I'msurprisedshe got her French lover back under her wing byutilizingher pregnancy. I'm convinced however she will end up back with Henry (especially now that Gemma is gone) which will leave Andrew free to be with Bridget (when this whole plot ends that is).

The trailer for the next episode does show Shiv in Henry's arms so I suspect Shiv will be making a visit to her old lover and perhaps letting him in on the truth- but only time will tell (for all we know its flashback). But the fact Shiv is in New York and has to stay undetecteddefinitelywill mean more Shiv plot time in the new year which is what I feel the show needs now the Gemma plotline has ended.

As for Amber Benson I was pretty upset to see her guest spot was so minor too. I really expected her to be a character who would play a bigger part in the episode- like recognising Shiv is really Bridget and causing some trouble or giving her insider information. She kinda did that but it wasn't directed at Bridget but instead at the detective. Her appearance was what I looked forward to the most in this episode. I hope they bring her back for some flashback scenes with Bridget but I suppose it depends if it will help progress the plot or not. As previously said this was a big let down for Buffy fans who wanted to see Sarah and Amber interacting on screen again.

Overall great episode- greatpossibilitiesfor next year- but a few things a bit disappointing.

My new years wish list is that 1. Malcolm will get hit by a bus cause he's such a wanker of a character (soz if anyone likes him but I just hate him). 2. Shiv starts to show up when Bridget isn't around and reeks havoc on her sister's new' peachy' little world (or manipulates ppl in Bridget's absence that will make Andrew start to suspect something). 3. More Amber Benson (though that probably wont happen till the end of the season).

rentlover1

[8]Nov 30, 2011
    • level: 8

Add for next episode- Airs Jan 10th. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvB_-qYSehA

No1Slayerette

[9]Dec 1, 2011

Thanks for posting the link rentlover1, tried searching for the promo after I had watched the ep but couldn't find it.

I totally agree with your New Year's wish list, maybe if we all wish for the same thing it'll come true...

haldrey

[10]Dec 3, 2011
    • level: 22
    This and the previous episode, two great one. This show is getting extremely interesting, never imagined the turn it is taking.

hell693

[11]Dec 4, 2011
    • level: 11
    In my opinion Ringer lost it the first episode wasnt good but it improved for weeks and these couple of weeks it went down so im going to give Ringer 2 chances after the break to impress me if not i will stop watching.

Just_Jos

[12]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 11

hell693 wrote:
    In my opinion Ringer lost it the first episode wasnt good but it improved for weeks and these couple of weeks it went down so im going to give Ringer 2 chances after the break to impress me if not i will stop watching.

Totally, the pilot was not very thought out and the show hasn't really improved since then in my opinion. I still have second thoughts about watching it when it comes back in January. The Juliet/Mr. Carpenter storyline (as cliche as it is) is the only thing still keeping me interested. Agent Machado's storyline with the dirty FBI agent is also mildly interesting as well.

michael_LB92

[13]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 24
    I just don't know.

I'll undoubtedly keep watching just because I love SMG - this show certainly isn't crap. But it's not sucking me in, either. Honestly, I just want to know WHAT IS GOING ON.

In regards to...everything.

I know they like to keep us guessing, and I know there is no show without questions, but throw us a bone every once in a while. I'm totally confused and frustrated and hate waiting a week between episodes. Grr.

ionee24

[14]Dec 19, 2011
    • level: 32
    hell693 wrote:

I don't know, if I would've to pick on the show strenghts then I'd pick the love story between Bridget and her brother-in-law because it has taken a life of its own as an old fashioned romance that benefits from the fact that: 1) He believes he's seducing his wife and 2) She's the first twin who's actually fell in love with him.

The other strenght I see its Machado's storyline because we can see he's the only good guy in the middle of dirty cops/FBI agents, he's genuinely trying to help Bridget and he's trying to capture the bad guy without knowing he's the least of his problems.

Juliet and her teacher story is the exact same cliche from every CW show ever made so I'll chalk it up to an unimaginative network, but the relationship between two recovering addicts Juliet and stepaunt Bridget, as well as Juliet relationship with Sioban in light of Sean might be interesting to watch. Not to mention, regardless her flaws she's very close to her father so we know Andrew must have done something right in his first marriage.

Henry and Siobhan remain unexplored but that makes him an unpredictable factor because, when all its said and done, Gemma was the mother of his children and we still don't know if Siobhan is the mother of his baby.

As soap opera goes I'd say it's okay. It's not True Blood/Lost/Once Upon a Time by all means, but then again, neither is Revenge.

tvaddict_14

[15]Dec 26, 2011
    • level: 10
    Just now watched this episode and it was really great! I hate that we have to wait until January 31 for new episodes tho. This episode really pulled me back in because I was debating giving up on the show. Right now I'm most interested in Siobhan because she's working like a puppetmaster but I would love to know WHY?? She needs more story and now that she will be in New York for a minute we will sure get that

The Juliet storyline is typical for a teen show but if it turns out to be true then that will be epic. Otherwise, I'll only be annoyed.

Like everyone else I was disappointed by Amber Benson's cameo. I thought for sure she and SMG would have at least a scene together *sigh*...but here's hoping this wasn't her last appearance.

This show has so many mysteries it's hard to keep up but I can't wait to see where they are headed now. Hurry and get here Jan. 31!

sshan39

[16]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 7
    I was behind on watching and had 7 eps DVR'd i watch alot of tv but i watched one ep amd eneded up staying up all night catchin up becasue eache p was so good i couldnt wait to see what happens. I agree there is more to Siobions agenda than she is letting on. I wonder if she really wants to be with Henry or not. Is andrew bad? i dont know..I wonder if it can go beyond one season tho??