Ripley's Believe It or Not!

TBS (ended 2003)

Ripley's Believe It or Not! Fan Reviews (14)

• I miss the old Jack Palacne episodes

4.1
    I do like this show, and have always loved the RBION books, museums, etc.

But what happened? In every episode you folks seem to feel the need for a "sleaze factor" now. It didn't used to be like that. Do bikini clad meter maids REALLY qualify for "Believe it or Not"? Women watch your show, too, ya know. Well, I used to.

Please focus on stories that are truly unique and interesting, and don't fall into the "sex" rut just for ratings like every other boring show on TV. Your show can actually thrive without it...if you don't chase away 50% of your audience.

Do you really have that much of a problem finding interesting stories?
  • Real talent and people who deserve a bullet in the head. Ripleys gots it all.

7.6
    Ripleys was interesting to me. I enjoyed watching to see what the more "disturbng" version of Gunisses Book could do and hoo boy they did good. The only dumb part was giving anyone dumb enough to shoue a hook in their back and hang from ropes [several of em by the way] time on TV. But I guess the book works better for ths.
  • A really good show that got the axe too soon.

This was a pretty good television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • Very good show. Why is it off the air?

Ripley's Believe It or Not is a very good show. It brings you stories of people from all around the world with unbelievable talents or unbelievable stories. Every time you watch this show you're assured to be amazed by these people's stories. This was a good show and they should never have taken it off the air.
  • The One I Grew Up On

Various ep (03)
  • awesome show!

for me, this show is appropriate for all ages because this can awe us because of the unelievable acta that we could witness here.we would be amazed and this can make us change our view about the imbossible and this show an also help us discover that there are things thta we once thought was impossible was actually possible in real life!just an advise to parents, remeber to tell your kids that they should not attempt to follow the acts that they air htere and everything should be fine.they could get hurt if they try them! yay for ripley\'s believe it or not!
  • Yes, its disturbing, its intersting, its GREAT! Just my style.

I love this show. I'm glad that Sci-Fi still shows reruns of it. If you like the tv show, be sure to visit a Ripleys museum. The show is very intersting and at times, a bit disturbing, but thats what I love about it. My favorite parts are the gross and disturbing parts (which is very unusual for a girl ;). I cant get enough of this show, its just so intersting and at times, kinda entertaining. Yes, if you love the strange, disturbing, gross, and just plain weird, Ripley's Believe it Or Not Is definatly the show for you!
  • The Classic one was much better

1.5
    The classic Ripley\'s with Jack Palance was much better. the 2000- to now one is just mostly gross or just stupid, steak eating contests? the original one taught more about cultures, strange customs etc. I am very unhappy they totally ruined the show, nothing will be like jack palance saying \"believe it or not\" after every clip!!
  • Animals galore

This is a show for nature lovers... the visual graphics are great, the exotic animals are better... and we have a great host! Perfect ingredients for a unique show!
  • I love it.

This show has half of it.It's half good,half gross.It's a pretty good show,but it's the grossest one yet.Like when I saw that a girls hair on the back of her hair got ripped off and they had to fix her and she got even uglier than before because she had this scar on her head next to her eybrows.That was the most disgustingest thing that I ever saw in my life.Can you imagine if that was me?If I ever get caught in a situation like that,I will be extremely hurt and it will be extremly painful,but it's still a good show.
  • A good show with amazing people.

Ripleys Believe it or Not goes around the world finding the most unbelieveable people there is. Hosted by Dean Cain, Ripleys showed us people with unbelievable diseases, tallents, jobs, and other things. The show talks about people that have survived horrible disasters people have faaced and how they are now living with it. From a two-headed snake, to the Lizard Man, and even the worlds largest rubber-band ball, Ripleys is just amazing! The show has the Ripleys Road Tour, Unbelievable Animals, and crazy stunts that weren't even thought of. The show was cancelled way to fast, but the repeats are still cool. Some of the stuff is just increadible! I hope that it comes out on dvd.
  • This show is soooooo Unbelieveable!!

This show came to me after I been to certain museums in Florida. This was the most funniest, never before stunts, and even some unbelieveable acts that should not be attempted by anyone. Unlike Fear Factor, This show provides some unbelieveable segments including the archives and even some animals that can amaze everyone. For this show, its the best!
  • Downright Disturbing... Me like

Sweet, although its PG14 or something, its very entertaining. I watch it all the time. Although they are reruns when i see them but i always like to watch it. There are many shows like this one but this one rises above all. One thing to say, You have to watch this!
  • TVTOME was better. No mention of old 80\'s Ripley\'s show in the summary or episodes guide on this site.

6.6
    The old TVTome was better
    Under the Summary there\'s nothing written about the 1980-84 show with Jack Pallance, yet he\'s in the cast section! He\'s not on the new show, let me assure you. The new show pales in comparison to the old 80\'s show. Dean Cain has nothing on Pallance. Dean is dull, and this new TV.com format is lacking!