Ripper Forums

BBC Two (TV Movie 2013)

the big bad

HeXxXeD

[1]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 17

who do u think the big bad will be sum1 new or sum1 from the past? i want drusilla!

Edited on 09/17/2007 10:38pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

grailwolf

[2]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 55

There is every indication that this will be a very different sort of show than Buffy. Odds are that Ripper will be a bit more sedate and... well... British.

One early idea centered around Giles investigating hauntings and other supernatural occurances in England. Others have said that he will be reforming the Watcher Council. Still others say that this will be the story of Giles' younger days and will feature a new actor with Anthony Stewart Head only providing narration and current-day setup scenes.

At any rate, the first project is almost certainly going to be a movie rather than a series, so it's really pointless to think about "big bads" right now. If the movie does really well and we get a series out of it, then we'll have to see.

*crosses fingers*

No1Slayerette

[3]Jul 23, 2008
    • level: 9
    grailwolf wrote:

There is every indication that this will be a very different sort of show than Buffy. Odds are that Ripper will be a bit more sedate and... well... British.

One early idea centered around Giles investigating hauntings and other supernatural occurances in England. Others have said that he will be reforming the Watcher Council. Still others say that this will be the story of Giles' younger days and will feature a new actor with Anthony Stewart Head only providing narration and current-day setup scenes.

At any rate, the first project is almost certainly going to be a movie rather than a series, so it's really pointless to think about "big bads" right now. If the movie does really well and we get a series out of it, then we'll have to see.

*crosses fingers*

Despite these facts hypothetically, if there was a Big Bad I think Drusilla would be fun as well. As grailwolf said however, that's only providing if the show ever goes ahead and that the writers choose to continue the "Big Bad" format. If there was Big Bad's though I had always envisioned that Ethan could be the Big Bad that would last throughout the shows entire run, so Giles would always have to be stopping his evil plans. But I guess this won't happen either because they killed him off in the comics.