TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Ripper Forums

BBC Two (TV Movie 2013)

What should it be like?

No1Slayerette

[1]Jun 30, 2008
    • level: 9

Seems as though Ripper has been discussed for a while now (and probably will continue to only be a "discussion" for some time) I was thinking it would be nice to know people's thoughts on the show and to discuss what it might be like. Here are some questions to get you started:

Are you happy it's a Giles spin-off? If not, which character would you prefer?

Which other Buffyverse characters should be on the show? Or should guest star?

Should they try to keep it similar to Buffy? Or go in a different direction?

What storylines do you think would be interesting in the show?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

No1Slayerette

[2]Jun 30, 2008

Here are my thoughts:

I don't care which character gets their own spin-off if they are from the Buffyverse. I would watch anything that Joss made anyway. As Faith is my fav character I would have preferred her to get a spin-off but Giles is just as good (and besides now Eliza's doing Dollhouse). I do find Giles an interesting character to make a spin-off on though. When I think about Buffyverse characters having spin-offs based around them I usually have an idea of which other Buffyverse characters would appear with them in that show. But with Giles I can't see many characters from the Buffyverse that would fit in a show about him.

Personally I would love to see Andrew with him. Andrew seemed to have very entertaining and humorous relationships with all of the characters on Buffy and it would be great to see him and Giles working alongside one another. Although not a big fan of his I would also like to see Xander. I think if Giles, Andrew and him were in a show with one another it would be most amusing. Imagine the constant bickering. I would have also liked to have seen Ethan in the show to provide insight into Giles past and to perhaps play the role of an overall nemesis but I guess that's not going to happen since they killed him off in the comics.

I wouldn't mind what sort of direction the show took because as said previously I would watch anything that Joss writes. I also not sure on what storylines they would have. I've heard that it might be like Old English ghost stories or something. This may be quite different to Buffy but still sounds just as entertaining.

SMGslayer97

[3]Jul 2, 2008
    • level: 34
    Are you happy it's a Giles spin-off? If not, which character would you prefer? I'm happy it's a Giles spin off but I would so prefer other characters, I think characters like Illyria or Spike or others even would have more to explore and bring to a series.

Which other Buffyverse characters should be on the show? Or should guest star? Any that will come, I'd love to see anyone.

Should they try to keep it similar to Buffy? Or go in a different direction? That's hard to say. Angel was like Buffy in some aspects but more then anything it went it's own way. I would say that Ripper would need to be the same way, doing the exact same show wouldn't really be prudent.

Igarka

[4]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 12

Im happy its a Ripper show, I think that it could work really well.

About other Buffyvers people Im thinking Faith, it would be fun to see them together and would work canon-wise. Seeing how it was left in season 8 of Buffy, it to me seemed like this was a plan. Only problem here is of course Dollhouse.

No1Slayerette

[5]Jul 17, 2008
    Thanks for the input. I agree that it would be nice if Faith were to appear but as you said Dollhouse is a problem.

krazykimmy

[6]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 3
    Do any one of you know when it preimiers and what channel?

krazykimmy

[7]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 3

No1Slayerette

[8]Jul 29, 2008

krazykimmy wrote:

I'm not exactly sure so someone please correct me if i'm wrong but as far as I know it's only in the discussions stages at the moment. I believe Joss mentioned it at last year's comic-con and said that both he and Anthony Stewart Head would be interested in doing a telemovie called Ripper. This led to speculation that if it was good enough a series would follow but other than that I don't think anything else has happened with the telemovie actually going ahead since then. This thread is basically just Buffyverse fans fantasizing about how the show might be if it is ever made.

SMGslayer97

[9]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 34
    No1Slayerette wrote:

krazykimmy wrote:

I'm not exactly sure so someone please correct me if i'm wrong but as far as I know it's only in the discussions stages at the moment. I believe Joss mentioned it at last year's comic-con and said that both he and Anthony Stewart Head would be interested in doing a telemovie called Ripper. This led to speculation that if it was good enough a series would follow but other than that I don't think anything else has happened with the telemovie actually going ahead since then. This thread is basically just Buffyverse fans fantasizing about how the show might be if it is ever made.

You're 100% correct.