River City

Tuesday 8:00 PM on BBC Premiered Sep 01, 2002 Between Seasons

SrRui

River City Fan Reviews (6)

6.8
  • By far the best soap on the box

To my regret I only started watching River City 18 months ago. Now I am totally addicted. When the topic of conversation is about tv programmes, i always ask if they watch River City and if the reply is NO, well they get told in no uncertain terms what they are missing. I am pretty persuasive and they are now converted lol. I love everything about it, and the music, sorry jimbhoy. I only wish there were more episodes. I was disappointed that Paul Brannigan's character Gareth left as I though he played the character well and was very charismatic.
  • Lose The Music Pleeeeeze

Great show and never miss an episode,,,,,,,,,,,, but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please please please, to the people currently writing it, the music interludes, sometimes 3 in an episode are boring and off putting. At least it is in my opinion.

So if you are reading this, will you please consider cutting it out and writing script instead.

Also it's time at least one wheelchair user was seen, even as an extra. Feel free to get in touch with me when one is required :-)
  • Its Getting Better

River City through the years has changed dramatically! When I first seen it I thought it was too english soap like... with fake comedic effect, OTT storylines, based on a community around a pub, stuff we seen plenty times before which is why I refused to watch it... and I was tight it was like Eastenders and Corrination Street.... Dry! after it was turnned into a drama, it added in music which made it different from the soaps in england. The stories got much better, the characters became more 3D than 2D and and I started to love it! only problem is some of the characters like big Bob, I perticularly don't like not anything agiesnt the actor but the character is just too stuffy and boring its garrinteed that in every episode he'll feel sorry for himself... okay hes over wieght but the character is getting too annoying! I love that Lenny is back as he is my fav character! also I would LOVE to see a female villain for a change and less of the gangster villians, great show on showing the rich and the poor side to scotland and unlike anything else from scotland it doesn't all make it out that we're all drunks and alcoholics! which is good it shows the hard working side to scotland which most people in scotland are

GO R.C!
  • set in the fictional town of sheildinch, an area of glasgow, this follows the lives of the residents of montego street

river city is fantastic doesnt get the credit it is due and is never put up for any awards as it is just on in scotland hoewever you can get it on sky. some really good storylines. ive got bored of the other soaps but always watch this when im in
  • I absolutely love it!

I love this programme. It had a slow start I'll admit but it has really come into its own recently. It started with slighly crap scripts and boring storylines but recently there has been things that would make the writers of corrie and easties blush.
    If you've never given it a chance you should!
  • Why does every one think It's a sin to watch River City. Especially Scots? we need to support something that is good and that might actually win something, not like our National Team!

River City is the best thing to come out of Scotland since Irn Bru and High Road! Its very realistic with what is going on in Scotland and isn't too OTT like other soaps . My only problem is why other regions don't get to watch it, I mean, we have to watch rubbish that the English put on, why cant they watch something that we have made. Maybe because it's Scottish it won't be good eh?! Sure people in England can watch it but only if you have Sky and is located in the high numbers like 918 or something.
    I read somewhere that they are going to bring about different News on ITV with more on what WE need to know, not things like the English congestion charge, or the English this or the English that! River City is GREAT and more people need to watch it all over the country and not just us Scots. Its ratings were great and were ony a few bits behind EastEnders last year AND it was rumoured that EastEnders had stolen some storylines from River City, they would probably be like "oh, its a scottish thing that no-one will watch down here, and therefore they won't know we stole it from them, hahaha!" RIVER CITY No.1