A Rizzoli & Isles Community
Monday 9:00 PM on TNT

I know, I know. You're asking things like, "Who are you?", "Why are you just now starting to review this show?", and "Wait...was that Skills from One Tree Hill in tonight's episode?". To answer, I'm just a fan who decided it was time that one of my favorite shows had itself a reviewer (ta da!). I'm only going to do summaries for this episode, as well as next week's, as they're the final two until summer. And, yes, that was Antwon Tanner as Shabaz.

In the promo for this episode, one thing was featured: Maura, in crisis. Not only do we start off with Maura in a real crisis, but then we move on (rather quickly) to a crisis that turned out to be coffee. C'mon, Maura. I realize you're not the detective here, but shouldn't you recognize the label for your coffeemaker?! Everyone's reaction/overreaction to both crises came into play with Frankie's presumed crush on Maura being downplayed, by both Jane and Maura, as part of said overreaction. Tommy's talking about proposing to Lydia (about time!) while Jane still hasn't answered Casey and Frankie's just now realizing his affections towards the good doctor.

The case of the week called into play what happens when we watch too much Game of Thrones. It was a bit obvious from the jump that it had to be one of the chef's employees who was also a runner-up to the chef on reality TV. The case itself seemed a bit uninteresting (aside from the crisis), but that was probably to make room for the tension between our main characters...probably. We topped off the episode with not just one, but two visits from Hope and a really scene of reconciliation between Maura and her birth mother. With one episode left until summer, we still have questions that need answers: Will Jane say, "Yes," to Casey? Will Frankie push his feelings for Maura far and away or act like a puppy dog every time he's near her? How does Jane really feel about Maura and Hope's current restoration? Can we have some of the leftover wedding cake samples?

Talk it up!
21 Comments
Comments (19)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I always thought it was strange that the show didn't try for a romance between Frankie and Maura. I just thought it was a class/maturity barrier that made them seem not right for each other. But, they have done a great job of helping Frankie grow up and the chemistry between the two was exciting and tense. I loved it. I hope that they take some time and really develop this. It totally makes sense to me that they would have a thing. Who better for Maura to fall in love with than a guy from a family she already loves? And I love Casey - he is so hot! But, he is hardly on the show and it is hard to cheer for an absent romance. As long as the show goes on Jane will need to stay so what is the point of teasing the relationship? I don't like broken heart stories so I hope they move on soon.
Flag
Agreed with Casey and Jane's situation. Jane's going to need a man who's local.

Sorry, Casey! You're great to look at, but looks aren't everything over here.
Flag
Oh and if the show is continuing for another season (which I certainly hope it will) then she can't go off with Casey. As much as I like their relationship, for the show to last, she has to either a) say no b) say yes to the marriage but no to the giving up her job or c) say yes for the season finale and then have something happen between now and the next season to bring her back.

Honestly, I sort of hate when shows make storylines which they just realistically can't really follow through on. What's the point?

Flag
"...if the show is continuing for another season (which I certainly hope it will)..."
Tim posted the article earlier today and the summer premiere is set for June 17th :)
Flag
Honestly, this was the first time I ever considered Frankie and Maura and while it was weird at first, I admit I kind of like it. Yes, Maura is like family to Jane but its not like they all knew each other growing up. They all met as adults so it isn't weird (or unexpected) that Jane's brothers would see her in that way. I dated several of my brothers' friends over the years - you spend so much time with someone, you develop feelings.

And to be honest, more than anything I think Maura deserves someone super sweet who will treat her well and adore her. I'm not saying they would work long-term necessarily but I've decided I have no objection to them trying.
Flag
I agree that Maura definitely deserves someone sweet and not a serial killer like Dennis (Eddie Cibrian) from season 3. Just not sure if that person is Frankie. Definitely can't wait to see what happens, though!
Flag
I would like to take a moment to make a funny and insightful comment on this episode. However I can't remember a single thing after hearing the words "bubblegum cake". That is all I've been thinking about and I want some!
Flag
I already forgot about the stupid soldier. They aren't broken up?
Jane deserves better then that asshole so he can stay gone.

Maura and Frankie? No.
Flag
Good episode. I still think Jane should say yes if Casey is willing to change careers. I didn't like the Maura/Frankie thing and hope it goes away quickly.
Flag
I'm still juggling Maura/Frankie in my head. I keep leaning more towards what both Jane and Tommy said: "Maura's practically family." I know Tommy had a thing with her, but he moves through women (until Lydia) like Korsak moves through a dessert.
Flag
Yeah it just seems weird
Flag
Yay, I love this show. These last few episodes have been really good. I don't know if Jane should say yes. That is a really hard choice, love of each other or love of the job. I know most would say of course love but to leave behind everything you've worked hard for and your family and friends to be a general's wife? Umm, I don't think I could do it. I can see how Maura and Frankie could develop feelings for each other. I think they'd be cute together. It's good that Maura and her mother are trying their hand at reconciliation. Jane's going to be suspicious until Hope really proves that she is serious about being a part of Maura's life. I know I would be. And yes to the cakes except not the bubblegum one cause eww. I'm happy someone is reviewing this show. Hope you keep it up for next season.
Flag
Guessing that we'll get Jane's answer to Casey either by next week or the summer premiere, it's definitely going to be a tough one to swallow. I've grown to like Casey much more than Jane's other boyfriends thus far so turning him down would be a let down. On the other hand, as Maura exemplified, losing Jane would devastate the group as well as the show. It's certainly a Catch 22.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members