A Rizzoli & Isles Community
Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNT
staff
it's not hbo
Jul 02, 2014
News Briefs: Starz and Bryan Fuller are Making Neil Gaiman's American Gods
Plus: James Patterson's Zoo heads to CBS, Arrow gets a new cast member, and Under the Dome is still winning for CBS.
Story
Jun 18, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles: Let's start interrogating "A New Day"!

Just as the episode title so obviously stated, it was a "new" start for the Season 5 premiere and one that didn't disappoint. New pregnancy hormones craziness! New Maura/Frankie awkwardness! New information about Detective Frost! New suits for Korsak! How could you not be excited about all of this?!

Let's go ahead and start deliberating this episode and see just what we get!
staff
looking forward
Jun 17, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles Boss on Writing Out Lee Thompson Young: "It Was Very Daunting"
New showrunner Jan Nash, who joined the series just three months after the actor committed suicide at age 29, tells us what to expect in Season 4.
staff
to amsterdam!
Apr 09, 2014
News Briefs: The CW Orders the Web Comedy Backpackers to Series
Plus: Bravo orders a ton of shows, Shirley MacLaine finds a new life on Glee, and Doctor Who welcomes a Brit fave.
Story
Mar 24, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles: Wrapping Up Detective Frost

News came just a few days after the finale that Rizzoli & Isles would honor Lee Thompson Young's passing by giving him a proper send off in the 1st two episodes of Season 5. You can find more about it here.

Knowing that he was "on vacation" in the finale, how do you think they'll send off our beloved Detective Frost?
Story
Mar 19, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles: Finale Summary of "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone"
Ah the finale...

A TV show's episode that is meant to both wrap up story lines and leave us hopelessly dangling for more and tonight's finale did just that. Family ties were certainly a major theme of this episode as we saw the Rizzoli family come together without (despite?) Frank Sr. It's refreshing to see especially after all of the drama Tommy alone has caused his family (poor, Lorraine Bracco). But just like any other "picture perfect family", there's still plenty of Maura's stewed kale bubbling underneath. Lydia and Tommy aren't as stable as we all thought (surprise, surprise), Frankie went after Maura faster than Castle went after Beckett, and Jane said yes, then didn't, and is now PREGNANT?!? I see you, Rizzoli & Isles.

The case of the week kept on with family-ness as it presented itself as a senator's daughter being ...Read more
staff
someone & someone
Mar 14, 2014
TNT Puts Premiere Dates on Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, Perception, and More
Among that more: Dallas, Murder in the First, and Franklin & Bash!
Story
Mar 12, 2014
Rizzoli & Isles: Let's Sound Off On "Food For Thought"!

I know, I know. You're asking things like, "Who are you?", "Why are you just now starting to review this show?", and "Wait...was that Skills from One Tree Hill in tonight's episode?". To answer, I'm just a fan who decided it was time that one of my favorite shows had itself a reviewer (ta da!). I'm only going to do summaries for this episode, as well as next week's, as they're the final two until summer. And, yes, that was Antwon Tanner as Shabaz.

In the promo for this episode, one thing was featured: Maura, in crisis. Not only do we start off with Maura in a real crisis, but then we move on (rather quickly) to a crisis that turned out to be coffee. C'mon, Maura. I realize you're not the detective here, but shouldn't you recognize the label ...Read more
staff
literally frightening
Nov 13, 2013
News Briefs: The Producers of Fringe Are Developing a TV Adaptation of Ghost
Plus: Kate Upton in the Entourage movie?, CBS moves Intelligence, and TVGN has the worst development slate ever.
staff
Ye faith is rewarded
Sep 17, 2013
News Briefs: HBO Orders Damon Lindelof's Post-Rapture The Leftovers
Plus: This year's Creative Arts Emmys have been handed out, The Walking Dead adds a cast member, and Sons of Anarchy sets a record.
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 12 Season 5
Burden of Proof
Airs
Episode 11 Season 5
If You Can't Stand the Heat
Airs
Episode 10 Season 5
Phoenix Rising
Aired
Episode 9 Season 5
It Takes a Village
Aired
Episode 8 Season 5
Lost & Found
Aired
Det. Jane Rizzoli
Dr. Maura Isles
Lt. Det. Sean Cavanaugh
Det. Vince Korsak
Angela Rizzoli
TNT's Rizzoli & Isles follows Boston detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander). They are complete opposites who share good chemistry and a strong working relationship that helps them solve some of Boston's most notorious crimes. This crime drama is based on the mystery novels by Tess Gerritsen. Other stars of the series include Lorraine Bracco as Angela, Jane's demanding and intrusive mother, Lee Thompson Young as Detective Barry Frost, Bruce McGill as seasoned Detective Vince Korsak and Jordan Bridges as Jane's brother, Frankie Jr., a patrol cop who hopes one day to become a detective.moreless