Rizzoli & Isles Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Episode Discussion: Partners in Crime 4x12 (Sep 10)

TesserT

[1]Sep 10, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please use this thread to discuss episode Partners in Crime. Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MisterKez

[2]Sep 11, 2013
    • level: 4

The main plot of "Partners in Crime" was quite obvious. R&I seems to have gone downhill this past season. The cases seem to be a lot easier and this was one of them. I knew it was going to be one of those "Strangers on a Train" cases. One can always tell when there are two seemingly unrelated cases it is almost always a "S.o.a.t." night. This is true of all cop shows. Also, whenever you see an Astin, McKenzie or Sean, he is going to be the villain of the week, 95 times out of 100. The "B" plots of Jane and Maura were so-so. I never felt the chemistry between Jane and Casey, so it matters not to me if he goes or stays. Maura and her grandfather just felt like "let's give Sasha a storyline". Overall, this was a decent episode for a mid-season show, but way low quality for a Summer finale.

R&I was never what I would call a serious crime drama, except when Michael Massey was active maybe. R&I needs a serious multi-episode arc when it comes back. I am going to miss Frost next season. I wonder if they are going to try to replace him with Jane's brother or bring in a new actor.

Edited on 09/11/2013 7:54am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.