Rizzoli & Isles Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Jane and Maura - Getting Together

MsBoonzie

[1]Jul 24, 2012
    • level: 10

No one wants Jane and Maura to get together more than me. So, naturally, I've been thinking about how it might happen.

The perfect scenario, I think, would be this:

An undercover-mission forces Jane and Maura to kiss or make out, which they both,shockingly, really enjoy. This causes a lot of tension between the characters, which hopefully, in the end, results in another kiss and maybe even sex.

How would you like the characters to get together?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ltcomstella

[2]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 18

i said in the too girl post the same thing

it makes sense but in the books i haven't read only heard in passing is rizzoli hooks up with a guy i think gabriel and has a baby.

not sure on maura tho..

i'd prefer the tv show to go the lesbian route as it would give us an 'alternative reality' scenario like other book to tv shows have doneand if done right would be great to watch them struggle with keeping a lid on it with all the men they know..and the funny awkwardness

the undercover idea could work if they had to go in to lesbo bar lol maybe bit predictable or cliche but would be funny, not sure but i think they did that once ?

i think they could of done it when one of the leads was in hospital but they didn't..or when one of them was kidnapped again they missed.

so whats left ? rizzoli and isles are trapped somewhere with no imediate danger just the fact they are stuck maybe in a lift/elevator ? or go on holiday and get stuck some mishap at the airport and sent to jail..sent to jail under cover in a women only prison..

Edited on 08/21/2012 1:19pm

AyushiGandhi

[3]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 1

Jane and Maura should NEVER get TOGETHER!!!!!

have u guys gone insane???? u want jane and maura to become lesbians and just ruin the awsome friendship they have???? srsly the day jane and maura get together... ill stop watching the show!!!!

MsBoonzie

[4]Aug 26, 2012
    • level: 10

I don't understand why people think that Jane and Maura getting together would ruin the awesomeness that is Rizzoli & Isles. Why can't they be a couple and still keep their friendship? Why do you people think it would ruin the show?

AyushiGandhi

[5]Sep 1, 2012

Because if u love them together right now its just because of the friendship that they share! n the show is not only about the crimes, criminals, disecting bodies but also about the love n friendship that they share!!!! they are awsome right now just because their FRIENDSHIP!!!!1

Donoterase

[6]Sep 19, 2012

I am the first to say that two females can be platonic friends and nothing more

Buffy and Willow (Buffy)

Meredith and Christina (Grey's Anatomy)

Rachel and Monica ( Friends)

Xena and Gabrielle (Xena)

to name but a few

With the above I do not get 'more-than friends' vibes but with Jane and Maura it's a different story. A woman can wear pants, be a cop, be strong and independent and be straight but it is about more than just that with Jane...everything about her gives me the idea that in a romantic relationship she has the desire to be the protector, the opener of doors and the out puller of chairs. Something about her with man in a romantic way is just off for me. Maura on the other hand wants to be treated like a lady and while seeing her with a man does not seem off, her with Jane is just so right that I don't want to see her with anyone else. Jane said it herself in the second or third episode of the first season: "No man is going to want me to do this job. And I love this job."

For me it's not just a case of they are two females who spend a lot of time alone together outside of work therefore they have to be lesbians. It is that they are compatible, their personalities and characters compliment each other and they have enough on-screen chemistry to power a city block for a week.

In the end it's up to the creators of the show and it's just great that we can all express what we would like to see happen and find other people that have the same views that we do.

gvgk

[7]Nov 24, 2012

There is nothing wrong with same sex relations, however there is nothing wrong in just letting these women explore their friendship ties. IMO it is the foundation for this great show.I love my very bestie friend and have seen her in her underwear, but anything else would change our friendship. Women can have very close friendships without sex entering the picture. That is what makes us superior to men.

Dec1964

[8]Dec 5, 2012
    • level: 33

No way Jane & Maura, not good for the show.