Rizzoli & Isles Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNTIn Season

Too Girly

TVDog2

[1]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 2

I stopped watching this because it's just too girly. At times, I want to say "get a room"

Donnie Walberg was right to leave.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ltcomstella

[2]Aug 9, 2011
    • level: 18

surely the two lead characters being women was a clue ?

lemae_27

[3]Aug 10, 2011
    • level: 6
    Lol, yes it can get "girly" at times but that's one of the things I like the most about it. There really haven't been many shows that showcase two women's friendship(or two guy's for that matter), at least successfully. The usually formula is 1 guy + 1 girl + sidekick characters. If there is two women that are friends it's usually not long before they fight over a guy. That's what first drew me to the show, the first episode they like the same guy but they joke about it and you know that something like that would never come between them. It was kind of refreshing.

whatever120

[4]Aug 25, 2011
    I haven't seen this as it hasn't reached the UK, but I was intrigued to realise it was out there as I do enjoy Tess Gerritson's Rizzoli novels.

As for it being too girly - if it is, so what? TV is awash with male dominated crime shows. It is surely refreshing to have an all girl team - reminiscent of Cagney and Lacey many moons ago. It's good to have something a little different now and then. If you don't like the format, you have plenty of male alternatives to go watch and leave this to those who'd like a bit of a change from the boring norm.

ltcomstella

[5]Sep 5, 2011

kinda find the two leads have good chemistry and the hints of possible lesbianism shown then very soon after squashed in to nothing, seems like a bones style enivitable plot development to me though only ten eps a season ? i need moaw !!

tommy0122

[6]Sep 13, 2011
    • level: 12

I really like the dynamics of the two characters. As for it being too girly, BS. If anything, Angie Harman is very toned down from her normal beautiful self. Sasha Alexander is too girly for her role however. I watched earlier episodes of NCIS yesterday and she looked much, much better in those. She really needs to lose that barbie doll hairdo and go back to being a brunette. She also could shed a few pounds. They are just very good friends and people don't need to read gay into that.

Pebbles1971

[7]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 1
    Shed a few pounds???????????? WTF, Are you for real, there's nothing wrong with her figure, but I agree with the whole gay thing, why is it when it's two female characters the word "lesbian" has to squirm it's way into conversation.

MikeKerley1

[8]Sep 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    I have already given up on this. Really disappointing as i was looking forward to it. I love Gerritsons novels, but her characters here have been butchered, especially Isles.
    The Isles character in the books is a professional, distant and complex figure; Alexanders character is an airhead with a fashion fixation and OCD for spot daignosis of ailments. supposedly highly intelligent at her job, she somehow also manages to be an irritaing numbskull in all other respects.
    similarly Rizzolli has now become supercop, the Sherlock of her world sweeping all before her, instead of the hard-assed, yet vulnerable, character of the books.
    Missed opportunity for a cracking series, this is more like Scooby-Doo. potentially good stories neutered and crammed into trite 1-off episodes.
    They need some quality writers who have read and engaged with the books.

TesserT

[9]Sep 28, 2011
    • level: 77
    Tess Gerritsen is very involved with this series. You should check out what she thinks. LINK

Nordan123

[11]Aug 19, 2012

I like the police/crime part of the show but the rest (family stuff and such) is getting pretty bad.

ltcomstella

[12]Aug 21, 2012

in a tv show you can't just hack/hash out the character from a book in '2 seasons'

seriously..

ChipsTheButler

[14]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 9
    oh please. what about the cars movies?

Dec1964

[15]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 34

Nordan123 wrote:

I like the police/crime part of the show but the rest (family stuff and such) is getting pretty bad.

I disagree, the family part of the show adds to its appeal.

Edited on 12/13/2012 3:46am

haldrey

[16]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 22
    Dec1964 wrote:

Nordan123 wrote:

I disagree, the family part of the show adds to its appeal.

I agree, and yes, it might get to girly at times but so what, the show is interesting and very entertaining.