Rizzoli & Isles

I Kissed a Girl

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Aug 16, 2010 on TNT

7.7
  • Toxic Camera work killed the episode

Why oh why do the producers / directors / camera people think that hand held shaky cam jerky image jump cut swooping zooms never settling imagery is ENTERTAINING?

I have to rate this episode in the abyss of annoyance, despite the good acting and writing.

I know that this fad will pass - hopefully before the end of the 21st century. Devolving HDTV into bad radio is not going to garner a growing audience.

Two second framing and frantic editing is totally annoying. One second cuts are about my limit. I am on the verge of dumping this show from my record schedule. In fact, I am writing this while it plays on a corner of my 8' screen because I cannot endure watching it anymore.

Is this what we can expect? Ugly "radio" in the 21st century!

5.5
    Rizzoli and Isles continues to dominate the television ratings and I really do not understand why as this is simply a below average procedural. Sasha Alexander is actually coming off as the star of the show, as Angie Harmon just brings nothing to the table with her wry grimace and constant look of being tired and not wanting to be there (hey, kind of like how I feel while watching this show!)

I will stick with the show because I think it could get at least decent over time, but this show just continues to disappoint me on a week to week basis.
5:26