Rizzoli & Isles

Tuesday 9:00 PM on TNT Premiered Jul 12, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Rizzoli & Isles Fan Reviews (67)

7.6
  • Maura's adopted - Criminal was Biological father

If you'd been following the show since the beginning, then you'd know that Maura was adopted and the Criminal Mob Boss was her Biological Father and the recent "dad" that showed up is her adopted father. She was adopted into a very well to do family at birth.
  • Be adult!

2.5
    Really, Maura is still resentful of her dad after 20 or so years about him cheating!!! Be an adult, you're not 14 any more!!
  • I am officially confused.

1.5
    Maura's father..................... wasn't he the criminal that was locked up a year or two ago? So who the hell is this guy? If it is her foster dad, why don't they say that!?! I just love TV show continuity! Also the latest show, who killed the guy?
  • Change for Maura's dad

I've been watching this show since the beginning and I remember Maura's dad was a criminal and in jail. The latest episode has him a different character completely. I don't know why they did that, did they think the fans would forget?
  • UNDERRATED!!!!!!!!!

Love this show, it is not just another cop show. It has a strong story behind the weekly crimes, also has some quirky, very likeable characters .

Always good fun & always good for a laugh!!
  • breath of fresh air

i love this show it gives so much fun seriousness makes u think great relaxation hope it continues for a long time to come
  • question

whats with razziola having her hands crossed in front of her stomach constantly .its thoroughly distracting
  • Chemistry

This is a great show! As long as the chemistry between Jane and Maura continues to develop. Otherwise it's just another crime drama with some slightly interesting characters and slightly original plots. Also, their are some great witty and original moments throughout, however, they have been lacking a bit in this season. If you take the last two episodes into consideration, this show might redeem itself. I hope they follow through in the next season!
  • Season ending double episodes.

Season 2 episode finales. EPISODE #1: Bite out the crime. Starting note: Through out the series, Jane/Maura/Vince and Frankie have the ability to interject soft humor in small spots. This episode starts with a road rage murder. But from where and who. Searches locate a sniper style tree roost in a near by park. During the search, a loner who was living in the park is taken in for questioning. He is a real out their young man. The, shooting #2. Same area, same . With the soft approach of Maura, she manages to calm the young man and extract crucial information. Maura also finds out the young man is sick, which was causing his actions. The high point of the episode was when the young man recognizes the shooter in the hospital and Maura gives chase. A scallop in the leg and Jane's tackle ends the chase. All's well that ends well. Maura find the young man's name and his family. EPISODE #2: A couple in a hotel room are having sex games when the husband is murdered. Digging and digging located a second wife for the husband. Maura finally finds out how the husband was murdered. Jane tries to duplicate the deadly hit with no success. The solution revolves around a hit to his head with force. Finally, Jane put 1 and 1 together, with some trickery and the fingers point at both wives. A foot note, Tosha, a young lady who was shop a then Jane trying to save her and loosed her baby, visits them. Vince, Jane, Maura and Angela get money so she can to college. Cool. This show continues to mix good drama with just enough comedy. A man was poisoned, them tossed off the upper floor of a building. Private Investigator (PI) got caught with crime scene evidence. It seems the wife is scared to death. But was she. The mystery of the episode was Jane's dislike for any PI. But, this one did manage to help her solve the case. On the lighter side, Frankie was failing his gun range qualification. Jane was stumped because Jane had taught him. He failed again. Finally, Jane and Laura watched him at the range and noticed his interest in the female instructor. One simple sentence solve his problem. "How are the wife and . Bang, bang, bang bang Frankie qualified. One final note. Rizzoli and Isler are just like the series NCIS with Gibbs and Kate. Remember, Kate/Laura are the same actress.
  • Mom whines

Less MOM! Have her mom join dad. She's like a very irritating 11 year old. Great show less the "mom".
  • Funny!

I love this show. I don't consider it to be of great quality but I enjoy it a lot. I like Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander. For me the show is fun to watch and I always look forward to the next episode. I think they handeled Lee Thompson Youngs death with a lot of grace and true feelings. I love the whole cast but my favourite is Bruce McGill.
  • Season 5b

Is back 17/02/15 :) Can't wait
  • Is it coming back for season 6?

Can anybody tell us if this awesome show is coming back for a 6th season?
  • Next Episode?

Do we know when the next episode is airing yet?
  • What happened to this show?

Look, I'm as sad as anyone else that one of the cast members committed suicide, but this show hasn't been the same since. What used to be a great cop show with witty dialogue and a believable cop station atmosphere has turned into the Mary Tyler Moore show. Not real, not funny, just sappy. Finally, what was the point of the pregnancy? Why didn't Jane take in the teenager as a foster child instead of foisting her off on a nurse? Really guys, get it together and pay attention.
  • World's Hottest Cops

Like why is it that cops and/or athletes have to be... so good-looking?
  • Angie Harmon and her Mother

2.5
    Back in the day when Angie Harmon played a detective on Law and Order and Lorraine Bracco played a psychiatrist on The Sopranos I was able to watch them and know that they were capable of serious acting roles. Then they were cast as air heads and placed on this show that in no way resembles their resume. My sister watches this nonsense and I cannot believe what happened to these fine actresses.

Nobody acts that way in a police station.
  • Mother

Can we please have less of the mother. Really, she is always around the office - unprofessional! and annoying!
  • all shows

Great show. Please stop the loud music. Myself and friends over age 65 do not like the music. Tone it down, way down or we will no longer watch.
  • Rizzoli's love life

This is the dumbest story line ever. "We love each other, but have decided not to marry at this pregnant and will raise this child do I tell the It's horrible, horrible, horrible. Angie Harmon is about as unbelievable as you can get. Why do good procedurals have to throw in some stupid side story that is totally unnecessary? Rizzoli's mom's line are equally hard to listen to. I'm done with this show.
  • Love this show

This show is great! If you're looking for another show with strong females watch Reckless! The characters are super cool
  • Pregnant?

What were you thinking making Rizzoli pregnant. I can't name one show that ever made it after a baby was introduced. Nice going!!!!
  • Rizzoli and Isles

Not happy with the way this show is going. Frost is gone (no ones fault) Vince retiring and Jane pregnant. It's supposed to be a crime cop show and now it's turning into a family girly bff show. Not happy.
  • nice show

love the show
  • niceshow

love the show
  • carrying on ...

i honestly don't know how they're going to explain frosts character but i hope they give his character justice and don't just ignore the matter. its a great shame whats happened because he was a fantastic character and i for one absolutly love Rizzoli and isles. its an amazing cast with fantastic plots and stories. one of the most memorable for me is the ones with Charles Hoyt, those were really chilling episodes fantastically written and i cant wait for a new season in 2014.
  • Frost character

Now that the actor has passed away, it breaks my heart just watching his character. What a damn shame.

• My God

Lee Thompson is gone, things aren't what they seem even . can cover up a great deal
  • season 5 is official!

I love this old formated show! reminds me of Perry mason and Murder she wrote... LOVE This cast! long may it stay on the tv!
  • Is the show goingaway????

I have heard promos that "Only 3 Episodes Remain" Please mean that is only 3 episodes remain this season. This is the best show on TNT since the "Closer"
5:26