Rizzoli & Isles

Season 3 Episode 5

Throwing Down the Gauntlet

8
Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jul 03, 2012 on TNT
AIRED:
8.2
out of 10
User Rating
65 votes
2

EPISODE REVIEWS
By TV.com Users

Episode Summary

Jane attempts to find a way for Maura to meet her biological mother, Dr. Hope Martin. Angela becomes involved in a political campaign. A nun from Jane and Frankie Jr.'s past returns.

Who was the Episode MVP ?

Today
8:00pm
TNT
9:00pm
TNT
11:00pm
TNT
Wednesday
No results found.
Thursday
No results found.
SUBMIT REVIEW
  • Throwing Down The Gauntlet

    7.0
    The nun character provided some comic relief in this episode, which the show usually has enough of, but benefited from here. The case was a little bit mediocre here, so I can't give it too high a score.



    Strong episode overall though.
  • Ripped CSI NY episode

    1.0
    Its probably because I have been watching CSI:NY reruns, but this episode had a lot of similarities to CSI: NY Season 1 Episode 19.



    1 Cold case of a young girl in link with a new case

    2 Spiked drinks

    3. Powerful/prominent man and his longtime sidekick as suspects.

    4. Prominent man waking up next to a dead girl, in cold case

    5. Sidekick framed prominent friend in earlier case

    6. Sidekick guilty of both murders.moreless
Angie Harmon

Angie Harmon

Det. Jane Rizzoli

Sasha Alexander

Sasha Alexander

Dr. Maura Isles

Lorraine Bracco

Lorraine Bracco

Angela Rizzoli

Bruce McGill

Bruce McGill

Det. Vince Korsak

Jordan Bridges

Jordan Bridges

Frankie Rizzoli, Jr.

Lee Thompson Young

Lee Thompson Young

Det. Barry Frost

Matthew Del Negro

Matthew Del Negro

Giovanni Gilberti

Guest Star

Jenny O'Hara

Jenny O'Hara

Sister Winifred Callahan

Guest Star

Lenny Jacobson

Lenny Jacobson

Rick Jaffe

Guest Star

Sharon Lawrence

Sharon Lawrence

Dr. Hope Martin

Recurring Role

Trivia, Notes, Quotes and Allusions

FILTER BY TYPE

  • TRIVIA (0)

  • QUOTES (2)

    • Jane Rizzoli: (to Maura) Come on. We got a case. Hey, you can take your vest, 'cause the murder is near Franklin Park.
      Giovanni Gilberti: You got a murder in the Franklin Park Zoo?
      Jane Rizzoli: Why? You got family there?

    • (Maura is opening boxes of new merchandise, from scuba gear to hiking outfits)
      Jane Rizzoli: That's what all this is about, you buying all this stuff ... it's about Hope, isn't it?
      Maura Isles: I don't know what you're talking about.
      Jane Rizzoli: Oh, yes, you do. Whenever you get in a crisis, you get on a first-name basis with the U.P.S. man. Maura, it's time to find her.
      Maura Isles: No. O...o...only 65% of adopted children seek out their biological parents. I'm in the other 35%.
      Jane Rizzoli: 35% having an identity crisis.

  • NOTES (3)

  • ALLUSIONS (0)

More
Less