Road Rules

Wednesday 10:30 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Jul 19, 1995 Between Seasons

Road Rules Fan Reviews (14)

7.8
  • GREAT IDEA & SHOW!!!

LOVE!
  • Welcome Back Road Rules.

Road Rules has to be my favorite show of all time. The action is great and they always pick a good selection of people. When this show went on Hiatus I was sad. Then, the show was picked up for a new season this year and I was glad. However, although it is still simliar to normal Road Rules, there are som man things to pick about. The whole online episodes stink because I can't watch them and the voting? It's ok though. Besides the new season, the show is awesome. Some of the missions are things I would NEVER want to do, but I still like to watch other people do them. Overall, AWESOME show.
  • Welcome back!

Road Rules, along with The Real World, is one of the two original reality shows. Now, in its 14th season, Road Rules has a new format that will allow viewers to participate and they will have a say as to who stays and who goes.

For the first twelve seasons, Road Rules was at its best. The concept is simple. Rather than have 7 strangers live in a house and work together, Road Rules puts 6 strangers into an RV (or a boat in the case of the Semester at Sea season) to travel together. Over the course of the journey, they'll have an opportunity to make some cash in order to survive the trip.

Then, in its 13th season, Road Rules decided to become a Survivor-style elimination show where the cast members were forced to boot someone from the RV if they did not successfully complete two challenges in a row.

In any event, I will always remember Road Rules for its originality.
  • Road Rules is back in 2007, catch the latest updates from the agency that books the cast at their blog - http://www.mm-agency.com/blog/

Road Rules will return in 2007 starting with the most infamous past cast members and will get voted off in real time by the viewers. The replacement cast maybe a new set of newbie Fresh Meat cast members or previous Real World Road Rulers.

To book any of these cast members for an appearance at your event check out http://www.mm-agency.com/

,MM Agency
  • Road rules RULES! =)

Road Rules is another awesome show that MTV came up with. The season gets better every time and this show like every other is all about the drama and the relationships. The people who plays in this show is so real and the challenges are even better! I mean this show is so much better than the Real World which is just about taping someone's life and "drama". I think that it is so lame and I just hate that show. Sorry to those of you that like it though but Road rules is the second best show on MTV besides Real Road Road Rules.
  • this show always sucked

this was the spin off to the real world. i personally never liked it. but then again i absolutely hate reality tv. the real world was all right the first couple of seasons but it went to crap shortly thereafter. the road rules show was supposed to be the same premise only the group of strangers hit the road and to perform stupid little tasks. i found the show difficult to watch. i am sure anyone with half a brain feels the same way.
  • The ultimate traveling experience...right and I thought watching people apply for a job was better.

Okay, so in this show you basically take a group of 6 six people and dump then in an RV. Then they do some challenges. Oh right...they get clues! This show shows how unoriginal MTV is, with "Real World" and "Road Rules" you wonder why they don't do, "Rain Watchers".
  • The show is during horrible.

4.7
    I only saw the past season of the show and it was boring. There is no action. All you see on the show are young adults drinking and sleeping together. Good thing this show got yanked from MTV. I heard that the past seasons have been the best(Campus Crawl) but then every year they get worse and worse.
  • Road Rules was better BEFORE they started to vote people off the show!

Take the Real World house, add wheels, subtract 2 housemates and you have Road Rules. In the beginning, the show was a hit. Seasons 1-4 were like the one before. Seasons 5-9 added another roadie, but had some of the same missions like sky diving and bungee jumping. Seasons 10-13 started the dreaded voting off process. If they lost one misson that was fine, but if the second one was lost, they would have to vote off someone and have someone replace them. The final season had the most "casualties". Three roadies were sent packing. So far MTV has yet to renew the program. Bunim-Murray productions is more than willing to go into production with more seasons, but it doesn't look good for Road Rules.
  • a great show about people being stuck together on the road how cool!

This show was the shizznit dude i luved road rules , i so just found out like yesterday that it was ended and i could not beleive my ears. thats crazi! that show was so cool.. way better then real world! besides derrick was hott!:)that show needs to come back fast!
  • It has unfortunately become 'The Real World' on wheels.

Just like 'The Real World', the show once started out as a show about an eye-opening experience, has turned into (again) a show about hooking-up and drama.

If you didn't know, at first, Road Rules put five strangers out on the open road and complete various tasks along the way, and they would be rewarded handsomely. That was all. No voting off, no elimination, none of that crap.

As the ratings dropped after season nine, the shows creators thought they would spice things up a bit by throwing in the "vote-off" rule influenced by the top reality show at the time, 'Survivor'.

Unsurprsingly the show became unorignal and what they thought would increase the ratins, actually helped killed the show and put it in it's current state. Unknown as to wether it has been canceled or not.

The show is no longer in it's essance, however the show is still entertaining, and that's why I give it an 8.0. I recommened watching the first eight seasons of the show.
  • campus crawl was my first season

road rules. wow i loved this show. i can't belive that it isn't on anymore. i got me through the summer. campus crawl was my first season and that will always live with me. but hey i am a south pacific kind of girl. i love abram. yeah i know he is kind of angry a lot but isn't that why we all watch it.
  • I love road rules and hope and pray they don't cancel it(it hasn't been confirmed yet.)

Road Rules is the best reality show on MTV...I mean come on Real World is just a bunch of rich spoiled brats picked to live in a house, work together and have their lives tapes, to find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real. Althought I like the Real World...I like Road Rules better and I don't like it when people say Real World is better. On Road Rules it has awesome missions, the fights, and sex! Why would people like Real World over that...it has the same shit but what's even better they have missions...Road Rules rocks. If BMP doesn't bring Road Rules back I will revolt lol, probably not, but I will be highly disappointed!
  • ITS SO FREAKING GOOD!

I love Road Rules, its awsome! Every season it looks better and better. Extreme was the best season. I think Road Rules extreme was the best season road rules has ever had. It would be a true shame in Bunim-Murray decided not to bring it back. It is truly an awsome show!