Road Rules

Wednesday 10:30 PM on MTV - Music Television Premiered Jul 19, 1995 Between Seasons

Road Rules Fan Reviews (14)

7.8
  • It has unfortunately become 'The Real World' on wheels.

Just like 'The Real World', the show once started out as a show about an eye-opening experience, has turned into (again) a show about hooking-up and drama.

If you didn't know, at first, Road Rules put five strangers out on the open road and complete various tasks along the way, and they would be rewarded handsomely. That was all. No voting off, no elimination, none of that crap.

As the ratings dropped after season nine, the shows creators thought they would spice things up a bit by throwing in the "vote-off" rule influenced by the top reality show at the time, 'Survivor'.

Unsurprsingly the show became unorignal and what they thought would increase the ratins, actually helped killed the show and put it in it's current state. Unknown as to wether it has been canceled or not.

The show is no longer in it's essance, however the show is still entertaining, and that's why I give it an 8.0. I recommened watching the first eight seasons of the show.