Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Archer/Guy as the new Robin?

parizada

[1]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 11

Hi All,

Just for the record, I have absolutely no basis for this speculation, but after watching ep 11, it occurred to me that we have two possible solutions for Jonas Armstrong leaving the show. Seeing the introduction of Archer, and Guy's apparent change of heart, it seems possible that we have 2 candidates for leading the gang in season 4 (assuming the show gets renewed). I do find it difficult to believe the gang would ever accept Guy as a leader, but Archer is a distinct possibility. I know we've seen in the trailer for ep 12 that he tries to work for Isabella, but we also saw his good side when he was so insistent on saving all of the people in the dungeons in York, and his attachment to the old man. What does everyone else think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

johuth

[2]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think no one can replace Jonas as Robin and the should not even try I think the should convence Jonas to do a TV movie or 3 part mini series or something to finish off the story and if the can not do that it should be cancelled even though it is a wonderful show it would loose numbers with out Jonas and fans are still upset that Lucy left the show in series two. If Jonas or when Jonas leaves it will be bad for the show and shouldn't try to save it. The should convence him to do more just enough to end the series and complete the story. I am still waiting for series 2 and 3 blurays. just rented series to it was very good and creative. won't buy it intill the bluray.

kupa_demona

[3]Jun 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    I remember it happened in the old Robin Hood series. They killed Robin and some other guy repalced him (it was his younger brother, methinks).
    I'd put my bets on Archer, there must be a reason for introducing him (other than bringing Guy and Robin together), though I'd rather the show were more about Guy...

Fairy-Moon-Mew

[4]Jun 24, 2009
    • level: 5
    I heard that Guy(Armitage) is leaving as well. I expect that if it returns, Archer will take his place. Thats probably the only reason they brought him in.

svetapredic

[5]Jun 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    I heard that season four,if it happens,will be placed many years after this,and that Robin will be much older,which allows them to put another actor.We'll see.I am so sorry they killed Allan a Dale.

svetapredic

[6]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 2
    But,after 13th episode,i think that it is clear that Archer will continue Robin's legacy!Nice choice!

LaughingCheese

[7]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 17
    I am soooooo sad that Guy has died he was my fav character...and if you want to know how sad i am feeling lets just say when Allan died i sobbed for a whole day and hes my third fac character..so you guess how i will be feeling now!!!!!!!!!!

mermayd

[8]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 19
    Richard Armitage had moved to Spooks (which he's terrific in) so I imagine he was ready to go. Can't blame him at all.

It's absurd to think the show could possibly have continued without the title character.