Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Best Character?

Best Character?

thedealwith

[21]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 4

I always like much, He's soo cool

And if he was killed off later in the second series don't tell me cuz i'm an aussie

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kateri88

[22]Feb 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    As much as I love the humour of the other characters, and the ever gorgeous robin, by far my top character is marian. she lights up the screen with every appearance and never fails to put a smile on my face or a tear in my eye

Anime_Lover_Jaz

[23]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 5
    ohhh i love them all!!
    Firstly would be Robin,, he is so sexy i love Jonas Armstrong!! and then Will, i loved in the ?third? ( i think, dont quote me) when he see's Djac dressing.. hehe
    Then i love Allen, Marian ( even if i am jelous of her), Much, Sherrif, Sir Guy, Djac and so on so on..

RustyBattleship

[24]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 7

There is no question in my mind that Keith Allen as the evil Sheriff of Nottingham is really enjoying playing that role. Being a comedian originally, this gives him not only versatility but the audience a chance to laugh just at his expressions without telling a joke.

The others all do well of course. The writers often are hilarious such as when the Sheriff and Robin had to fight off four beautiful blond NINJA women. At the end of the battle, Keith turns to Robin and says, "Tomorrow. Business as Usual."

There are a few techical problems with the show however. In one episode the band was well hidden in the woods with the proper foliage attached to them. BUT, the Saracen lady was using 20th century hexagonal camoflage netting under the foliage.

Robin, having been a Crusader himself, modifying a straight long bow into a recurve long bow similar to the shorter Saracen bows is very logical. It really IS a better bow. Using a Saber-length Scimitar is also a logical adaptation from the Middle East as the curved blade has better slicing ability than a broadsword.

I enjoy all of the episodes and look forward to Keith's interpretation of the meanest man in the world.

Fwirrel

[25]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 52
    My favorite character is actually Little John. I also really like Robin and Guy.

tribalchic

[26]Jun 18, 2008
    • level: 17

Guy is awesome.

you can never predict his actions as a quasi-villian yet you feel for him because he literally dosen't have anyone exept for the sheriff that enjoys using him.

his looks don't hurt either

bigthompa

[27]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 3

Mines probably Little John

"we are Robin 'Ood"

OfCorrs

[28]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 8

I love Robin and Marian, they're such a cute couple! I voted for Marian though because it is the first time I've seen her character as an equal to Robin and the gang. I really like Marian's character in this version of Robin Hood! In every Robin Hood series or film I have seen I have never liked Marian, they couldn't quite make her character stick out, she was always forgettable but Lucy Griffiths' Marian is far from forgettable.

dark7angel

[29]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 18
    OfCorrs wrote:

I love Robin and Marian, they're such a cute couple! I voted for Marian though because it is the first time I've seen her character as an equal to Robin and the gang. I really like Marian's character in this version of Robin Hood! In every Robin Hood series or film I have seen I have never liked Marian, they couldn't quite make her character stick out, she was always forgettable but Lucy Griffiths' Marian is far from forgettable.

I feel the same way!!! Lucy's Marian is truly amazing!!!

buffyangel4evr_

[30]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    sir guy by far! he's the most complex of all the characters. richard armitage does an AMAZING job with his character. you can practically see guy's heart break everytime marion rejects him. yeah, he knows in his heart that she loves robin, but nothing can stop him from loving her anyway. he risked his life to fight by her side when prince john ordered the attack on the nottingham. and the ep when he took his shirt off? WOW, OMG! i almost fell off my chair, need i say more?

headphonez05

[31]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 11
    allan
    i know he was a traitor and all
    but i don't know.. i just like his character
    i hope this season he will be able to redeem himself for what he did or something

taylor1308

[32]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 9

I'd have to say Robin is the best character. Jonas Armstrong is amazing. Robin can sometimes act like the bad guy and doesn't always go the right way about doing something, but he cares about everyone and tries to help as many people as he possibly can.

I also like all the outlaws, especially Much who adds a bit of comedy to the show

Overall though, all the characters are great!

That's what makes the show so great!

LaughingCheese

[33]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 17
    WOOOOO guy has a sister cant wait to watch that!

taylor1308

[34]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    Robin's the best!!!!!

BiGNCISfan

[35]Apr 25, 2009
    Much and Will love them to bits !

babelak

[36]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    guy. but he needs to lose the stupid hair, man!

Amy-Wales

[37]Apr 25, 2009
    Robin....I miss Marian tho, who has a Robin Hood without his Marin. I also Love Much he is so cool

pepzii361

[38]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 2

Defineltly Allan for me, he's hot and funny. especially in the 3rd series, i love him to bits!

i like kate aswell she's kinda different and i think she's portyrayed pretty well.

luv them all

ElvisWong

[39]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    I loved Djaq very much, being the only "fictive" character they had a lot of opportunities to make her interesting. So sad she is gone.

Otherwise Robin is nice

Junest

[40]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 10

JG1972 wrote:
    I give my vote for Guy of Gisborne - who is not only the sexiest character in the show, but also the most interesting, complex and multi-layered, far beyond the simple black-and-white world of Robin and the Sheriff.

I agree; Guy is a really dynamic character with his different sides (mostly in respect to Marian). But he can also be pretty evil, which is awesome. Would love to see Guy get even more ruthless as season 3 goes on (after what's happened with him--don't want to spoil since I'm not sure where other countries are up to). Poor Guy, he's been so hurt; he's a bit of a tragic character - ahh the angst. Not to mention how attractive he his. (in the scene w/out his shirt, a little bit of drool started forming at my mouth, lol.)

I also like Robin (equally attractive to Guy), Marian, and Djaq. ...and the Sherrff (there have been several times during a sad/tragic/etc scene I've been on the verge of tears & he'll say something that makes me laugh), Will, Allen, Much.... but for some reason John may be my least favorite. I don't dislike him, just prefer everybody else. (**opinions still pending on Tuck, Kate, & Isabella)