Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Best Character?

Best Character?

LadyKate2004

[41]Aug 18, 2009
    • level: 3
    Totally Sir Guy! Not just because he's sexy (and ok, each to their own but it really surprises me that some think Robin is sexier ... sorry but those smirks annoy the h*ll out of me) but because he's such a fascinating character. Even early on you see the vulnerability and potential goodness in the character, and it really shows in S2 and 3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mermayd

[42]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 19
    I would vote for Guy of Gisbourne as the best character. He does the most interesting stuff. but I think Jonas A is fabulous as Robin Hood. Perfect casting.

He's like a cheeky teenage boy.

gmx13

[43]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    A bit late to the party as I've only watch the first season but I've found Guy's character to be the most intriguing. I like Robin Hood too but he's surprisingly one dimensional for a main character.

On the opposite end, I absolutely hated this interpretation of Lady Marian. The character is just sanctimonious and hypocritical. Every episode she is on about how Robin Hood does everything wrong and her way is the right and better way. But in the end, all she's truly doing is covorting with the "enemy" during the day and sleeping in a comfy bed at night while rebellion are living as outcasts in the forests.

mermayd

[44]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 19
    I'm not sure what to make of Marian. I wish people who write these kinds of shows would realise that girls want more than just a hot guy to look at! We would like a character we can look at and go "I want to be her" but not because the lead guy is pursuing her, because she is doing things and having fun.

We like these kinds of things just as much as boys watching the show do. It's so annoying.

I think the writers of this show don't know much about women.

caitfate

[45]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 7

I think that best recurring character is Guy of Gisborne. I love Richard Armitage and I think Guy is just a very interesting and more complex character. You especially see that in the "Bad blood" episode in season 3 where they divulge into his childhood. I definitely would've watched a spin-off! The best guest star, by far, is Prince John. Oh my god! I know he's supposed to be this vicious tyrant who we are all supposed to hate, but Toby Stevens played him so well! Every time he sashayed or jaunted onto screen I just burst out laughing! I loved the he looked and sounded when he asked "Do you love me?"

Danah

[46]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 3

oh come'ON its prince john, hands down!!!!

the dude is one of the most funniest tv characters EVER, i mean every time i remember him jumping around asking random people if they love him or why they don't, i just start laughing!!! and right after him is the sherif!! i really don't know why nobody voted for him!!! he makes being evil fun and hilarious, I'm not one of those cold-hearted people, but i just love the way he orders people to be hanged or ducked or whatever it's like he's giving out candy to them!! i mean look at his face, his expressions!!! how could you not love him?!