Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Is Lucy Griffiths Coming Back for Season 3?

wak4prisonbreak

[1]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 21

Will she be coming back as a series regular?

I'm in the USA, so I haven't watched ANY of season 2 yet. Don't give TOO much away, but didn't she die or something? Like is she really dead, cause she was stabbed in season 1 and prenounced dead, but she was actually alive.

I've heard that she's staying, or moving to Hollywood. What's happening?

Thank you!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bookwormyay342

[2]Feb 25, 2008
    • level: 17
    Really the first i've heard of it, And yes Marian is alive.

lifesapeach

[3]May 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    i would also like to know if she is officially coming back. yes, she got stabbed (again) in the last episode, but the circumstances were really strange and inconclusive. it was incredibly hard to tell if she had in fact died or lived. we're all hoping she's still alive, although honestly wait until you see those last episodes...they are completely odd and ridiculous. i still haven't seen any hard evidence that she is not coming back, though many people have said this. does anyone know for sure if she is or is not returning next season?

dacaria

[4]May 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    Most of the characters in the end seemed out of character, especially Marian running out provoking Guy to stab her. This is the one time I'm hoping a show pulls a "Bobby Ewing" dream sequence and restore Marian. Dream sequence, faked death, Djaq's healing abilities at work, what have you; I'll take anything as long as they bring LG back.

dark7angel

[5]May 21, 2008
    • level: 18
    dacaria wrote:
    Most of the characters in the end seemed out of character, especially Marian running out provoking Guy to stab her. This is the one time I'm hoping a show pulls a "Bobby Ewing" dream sequence and restore Marian. Dream sequence, faked death, Djaq's healing abilities at work, what have you; I'll take anything as long as they bring LG back.

I agree with you... All I want for the next season is Marian alive and Will and Djaq back with the gang

lifesapeach

[6]May 22, 2008
    • level: 2
    can anyone answer this question? i'm just looking for a confirmation. i wasn't sure if it was like a big mystery that no one really knows for sure or the BBC had absolutely confirmed or denied her return.

Jeric-Ho

[7]May 27, 2008
    • level: 34
    Well i personally dont think she will be back, as this would be the 2nd time she would have died and came back to life! fair enough once, but twice i feel would be a bit silly! but i hope she is back though, as what is Robin Hood without Marion??

adventjay

[8]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 1

go sign the petitions that are out online to bring marian back... they really do work... On prison break so many people were angered by the death of the female lead Sarah Tencredi, and so many people signed the petition that they are bringing her back in the following season..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/8/bring-back-marian

VanGriffin

[9]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 8

I don't think Marion can come back after being buried, and she died in his arms.

She was such a key part of the show, losing her is like killing the series.

And losing Djaq too is just another nail in the coffin.

It gives me little reason at all to watch a season 3.

tjaman

[10]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 32
    Maid Marian is such a significant part of Robin Hood's story. Course, so is Friar Tuck and where was he in all of this?

It seems to me like there's not much point in continuing. The writers will have to work very hard to make this remotely interesting as it continues.

SweetPeaSurry

[11]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 24

tjaman wrote:
    Maid Marian is such a significant part of Robin Hood's story. Course, so is Friar Tuck and where was he in all of this? It seems to me like there's not much point in continuing. The writers will have to work very hard to make this remotely interesting as it continues.

I agree with you, Marion and Friar tuck are intregal parts of the legend/lore. It just doesn't seem like there's a lot of places for the writers to go now that the King is aware of the Black Knights and the Sheriff's treachory.

It would be interesting if there was some fluke or whatever that brings Marion back, and Djac and Will accompany her back to England.

I can't believe they would kill off Marion, who thought up that assenine plot anyway?

Laserwolf412_XL

[12]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 4

I hope she stays dead myself. I liked the character alright to begin with, though she became annoying beyond belief toward the end, but I would hate to see the show become more campy than it already is. Everything was going fine until the 10 minute death scene. It was far from dramatic. Between this kind of stuff, the "We Are Robin Hood" crap, and the freeze-jump that ended Season 1, I find myself disliking English audiences more and more.

But don't get me wrong, I like the show, I like the characters, and I like the acting for the most part. I just wish they would mature a little. Campy is fine. Buffy and Angel were campy, but characters still died. There was still tragedy. When someone was stabbed through the chest with a sword they didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone.

Personally I am looking forward to season 3 more than I was looking forward to Season 2. I know this is exactly the kind of show for those of you who think a good show is a happy ending with every episode, but maybe you need to learn to go with the flow.

Edited on 08/03/2008 3:20pm

tjaman

[13]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 32
    Now that Marian's gone, how long 'til the Sheriff shows up in Gizzy's bed?

Kilkaine

[14]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    I also agree that leaving her dead is the best choice they can make.

mrswinchester24

[15]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 11

tjaman wrote:
    Now that Marian's gone, how long 'til the Sheriff shows up in Gizzy's bed?

lol not long now!!! lol before you can blink much will be chaseing robin!!!! lol

marie-lee

[17]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 10

LMH68 wrote:
    She's staying dead. Friar Tuck is coming ...

Now...mysterious comments like this just make me want to see this new season even more. Gah! I am not a patient person!

nag19

[18]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    Laserwolf412_XL wrote:

I hope she stays dead myself. I liked the character alright to begin with, though she became annoying beyond belief toward the end, but I would hate to see the show become more campy than it already is. Everything was going fine until the 10 minute death scene. It was far from dramatic. Between this kind of stuff, the "We Are Robin Hood" crap, and the freeze-jump that ended Season 1, I find myself disliking English audiences more and more.

But don't get me wrong, I like the show, I like the characters, and I like the acting for the most part. I just wish they would mature a little. Campy is fine. Buffy and Angel were campy, but characters still died. There was still tragedy. When someone was stabbed through the chest with a sword they didn't have time to say goodbye to everyone.

Personally I am looking forward to season 3 more than I was looking forward to Season 2. I know this is exactly the kind of show for those of you who think a good show is a happy ending with every episode, but maybe you need to learn to go with the flow.

BiGNCISfan

[19]Jun 28, 2009
    • level: 8
    she came back. OK she was an angel and only had 3 mins of screen time, BUT SHE WAS BACK !!!!!