Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Kate

taylor1308

[1]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 9

What does everybody think of Kate??

I can't seem to warm to her. I don't know whether it's because of what's happened between her, Robin and the rest of the gang, but i don't like her character that much.

I hope that changes as we get further into the series. I don't know, maybe i'm just missing Marian.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schlacko

[2]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 15
    I can't wrap my head around her hairdo...how do you get a braid around the front of your head like that??
    I do like her so far though, we just lost Djaq and Marian, so we need Kate or else the show is a total sausage fest. Also having a female peasant is a good idea, since Marian was a noble type, and Djaq a turk.

moriwenne

[3]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 4
    She might b a fine actress but she's just not a beauty I can't stand that nose ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The show is fine but it sure lost something on the female side argh...nothing to look at, just a bunch of boys. Darn it might have to turn gay to enjoy the show now.

me_wilson

[4]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    Oh how she iratates me. Part of it is her hair which draws attention to it every time- and not in a good way. The other part is her and her family. They add nothing to the episodes other than me wanting to throw stuff at them. If her and her mother disappeared it would be no great loss. I understand they needed to introduce a new female character but I guess when you have to follow such strong females like Daj and Marian- who were also loved- a character like Kate just seems weak and never stood a chance.

aksorcha16

[5]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 7

I never really liked Marian - she annoyed me too much. But I do quite like Kate, she's def something new, and I really hope she ends up with Allan . I think her nose is less obnoxious than half of Marians outfits anyway, and she's a lot prettier.

dark7angel

[6]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 18
    I really don't like her... she's SOOO ANNOYING!!! I just wanted her to disappear... she's one of the few things that I don't like in this new season (apart from the fact that we don't have Marian, Will and Djaq anymore)

torm15

[7]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 11
    The Character has no real skills or abilities yet she thinks she can take on the sherrif and guy to rescue her brother and ends up getting him killed. Somehow her and her mother blame robin hood for it. Then she yet again throws in her two cents with the tax collector and get her moms shop destroyed. Instead of being quiet she yet again speaks up and gets herself taken by Rufus. Who does her mother blame...Robin Hood somehow. If this trend continues where she messes up, Robin gets blamed, then Robin saves the day, this show will no longer be worth watching.

Ree68

[8]May 10, 2009
    • level: 6
    Kate is beginning to grow on me. Did not like her at first but now i do after watching episode 7. I think she will get closer to Robin at same time. Hoping this will give Much and Allan a good storyline. As they all fight over her attention. Would very much like to see some of the old characters have stronger story lines. Enjoying Season

parizada

[9]May 18, 2009
    All I'll say is that I'd take five Kate's over one Isabella ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! I know this forum is about Kate but I gotta say, I can't stand Isabella. She's ruining the episodes for me.
    I don't mind Kate too much. It's true she seems to be a bit of a waste of space, but then they haven't really gone into her backstory much. I do think part of the reason we don't like the new female characters is because it's so hard to get past the ones we had before. Both Marian and Djaq were fantastic characters and no matter what, we'll always be comparing new females in the show to them, and unless something drastic changes, the new ones will always seem to fall short of their predecessors. Not for any lack of skill on their parts, merely due to the fact that they've got pretty big shoes to fill.

sleeperu

[10]May 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    Glad someone asked! I was soo disappointed when she showed up and it became clear that she is going to be a permanent. I was convinced I would have to stop watching the show, because Joanne Froggatts performance is beyond pathetic, a sad display of a desperate wannabe, simply unbearable to watch the fistful of massive incompetence - with a vacant face. So please please take her out, put her among the yelling overacting crowd at an execution or something (but far back, behind a keg). She is dragging the show down about 20 level, what were you thinking replacing the adorable, sweet, highly talented Lucy Griffiths with t h a t ? Because a replacement it is, seeing how there is no other main female character left. I absolutely love the show, everyone in it is contributing to the story in his/her very unique way.. And then came Joanne. Maybe she is somehow involved with one of the producers. Can there be any other explanation?

JaiCSC

[11]May 30, 2009
    • level: 17

I haven't warmed up to either of them.

And the reason I think that is because they are both incredibly shallow characters. And it's a bit jarring given what Marion and Djaq were like. They had wisdom and a sense of the greater good. I know Isabella's the villian but still.

Kate's a bit too self righteous and mistakes it for wisdom and she's so wrapped up in her affection's for Robin she's so selfish about it and I don't like that. And Isabella she really didn't take rejection well if I do say so. Scorned by Robin and now she's taken over Nottingham and is on the warpath. And she's replaced the Sherrif and he had style and proper personality and she's nothing like him in either of those categories.

Junest

[12]May 30, 2009
    • level: 10

Let me start off by saying that I had started warming up to Kate at about Sins of the Father. But now with Long Live the King & now Dangerous Deal, I'm annoyed. Mostly, I feel like I'm annoyed by the writers & the whole "Kate/Robin" storyline. First we had Much like her, then she & Allan had a bit of a flirtation going on (which I personally had been thinking that they would be cute together.)

Suddenly, Kate likes Robin, and even more suddenly, Robin likes her?? What, does Robin get all the girls? (save Djaq. Was the fact that she wasn't English make her immune?) I like Robin, but this just annoys me. I could forgive his Isabella tangent on account of him trying to fill the void that Marian left. But they should have left it there. Perhaps Kate's crush could have been forgiven on account of him being "the hero," but then have her get over it. Yet how did Robin go from treating her like any other of the gang to "oh, i like you, too"?

Not to mention the aforementioned Allan. We pretty much got proof from Long Live the King that he liked Kate, even if in a less lovestruck way than Much. But Allan was practically nonexistant in this past episode. What, are we just going to pretend that whatever feelings he had never existed?

Just when my faith in the writers had been nearly restored (like by revealing Isabella to NOT be a re-do of Marian), they start with Robin/Kate!

YourTvfriend

[13]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 1

SHE IS NOT A BAD ACTRESS BUT HER ROLE IN ROBIN HOOD IS NOTHING ROBIN AND THE GANG WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITHOUT HER

emmersonne

[14]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 4

I can't stand her, she's awful - bad acted and badly written. Not so mention SUPERBLY ANNOYING and not very nice.

Isabella on the other hand...

Farmerluk2

[15]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 6
    What would you rather they did?
    Bring back Marion in a cheesy fake death way?
    Or show Robin coming to terms with his loss, and moving past it?
    It's not like they've just killed off Marion and chucked Kate in there.
    This season they have to deal with whoever decided to kill off Marion, and I think they've done a bloody good job so far.

BiGNCISfan

[16]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't like her. She is annoying and whiny. Yes I know Marian is dead and she is never coming back, but i really think they should have had Kate and Much or Allan together instead of with Robin. I don't like how after 2 years of trying to keep Marian, Robin suddenly has 2 girlfriends in the space of 3 weeks ... Just my opinion.

parizada

[17]Jun 14, 2009
    I totally agree, the whole Kate/Robin thing is completely unbelievable. And I mean that literally - as in, it lacks credibility. I understand that Marian's gone etc and they're not bringing her back, but for Robin to get over her after what's supposed to be a couple of months seems a bit unreasonable. Especially considering that when he was in the holy land (before season 1) he supposedly never stopped thinking about her. Given that he was away for a full 5 years, I would think his feelings were a bit stronger than..."oh, she's gone. I'll mope about for a week or two and then find myself a new girlfriend". And I also agree with whoever said before that Kate/Allan look cute together. There was a dynamic between them that could have actually worked. Instead, in season 3 all we have is the new characters taking over, and the old characters slowly fading into the background (with the exception of Robin and Guy).

And my final point to this rant... BRING BACK VAISEY!! Isabella sucks as sherrif. Vaisey was practically the only really brilliant villain in the whole series and they got rid of him. I know he's not really dead, but I just hope the writers are smart enough to bring him back sooner rather than later.

BiGNCISfan

[18]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Is it wrong that at the end of last episode, when Kate and Robin had their moment after she saved them, i wanted to be sick ... i know this is waayyy to late to say but BRING BACK MARIAN ! Can't wait to see next week, i love the humour of the sheriff/Keith Allen.

mermayd

[19]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 19
    Kate was shrill and annoying. Did she ever stop shrieking?

Clemontine

[20]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 23
    She was annoying in her first episode or 2, when her and her mom kept telling Robin everything was his fault. But then when she joined the gang she was fine. She fit in well. Yes, her hair was weird, and yes her nose is weird, but no one else in the show is perfect either, so I dont think its worth complaining about. What is worth complaining about is when stuff started happening between her and Robin. That was totally out of nowhere and awkward and didnt make any sense to me. They just did not fit as a couple and I dont know why anyone thought that it would be a good idea. I hated Kate's mom, but Kate not so much. I only hate what they did with her character near the end of the season.