Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Robin Hood: Season 2

lucyinthesky22

[21]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    I love Robin Hood, especially with Jonas Armstrong as Robin xD With nothing on the BBC at this time this is a great show to just sit down and watch. My sister often says "But they never wore stuff like that" or "They never had fringes in those days" But i always ignore her comments because I like Robin Hood in this style. It makes it easier to relate to. I'm so happy about Robin and Marian getting together and it was so cheesey that it was delightful to watch! Also the Sheriff rather impressed me with his quick thinking and his predictable plan which is why he is such a brilliant character, we just love to hate him!!

Love it!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

staurophobic

[22]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    jewlee14 wrote:
    staurophobic wrote:
    I never thought that the BBC would make two seasons of this... But I'm so happy! I get to watch more! Yay!

Seriously, this news kept in a rather hyper mood at college.

Tuck... Hm, makes me think of "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" (seriously, I don't know why THAT version pops into my head... O.o)

And to the Torchwood comment... They at least have to air Torchwood in America soon. A friend of mine is beginning to bother me with his constant pestering about the show... (I don't watch it, how many times do I have to say that?!)

Same thing popped into my head! Mel Brooks!

Thank gods I'm not the only one! XD

Anton_Legend

[23]Jan 19, 2007
    • level: 10
    lucyinthesky22 wrote:
    I love Robin Hood, especially with Jonas Armstrong as Robin xD With nothing on the BBC at this time this is a great show to just sit down and watch. My sister often says "But they never wore stuff like that" or "They never had fringes in those days" But i always ignore her comments because I like Robin Hood in this style. It makes it easier to relate to. I'm so happy about Robin and Marian getting together and it was so cheesey that it was delightful to watch! Also the Sheriff rather impressed me with his quick thinking and his predictable plan which is why he is such a brilliant character, we just love to hate him!!

Love it!!

WOW! thats exactly how i feel about it. The fist series was soooo well done, Im delighted its back for a second. 6.6 million viewers is brilliant for a non american primetime slot!

Kakerergodt

[24]Jan 24, 2007
    • level: 7
    queerlybeloved wrote:
    I was under the impression it was a one-off series too.

If they're renewing this, they should definitely renew Torchwood!

Torchwood isn't half as good as Robin Hood, especially not the acting, but I do love the language though.

staurophobic wrote:
    See, that's part of the BBC style, as much as it pains me to say. You gotta expect it to not be perfect. My dad is always going on about how they did NOT use that type of bow... But I tend to ignore it.

Why does your dad say that they didn't use that kind of bow, they might as well have done. The Turks/Saracen/Ottomans or whatever you'd like to call them sure did use those kind of bows. When Robin fought in the crusade, as the excellent archer he is, he would probably have realized the ingeniuty of the "saracen" bows, and in the sherwood forest a "saracen" bow would be much better than an english longbow.
    Edited on 01/24/2007 10:19am

seanus33

[25]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    its great to hear they are going to make a second series. I thought that the first one was excellent especially with so many young unknown actors in it.Good to see the bbc is still producing some good shows, i cant wait till season 2 starts. I think that friar tuck would be a good addition to the story it will be interesting to see how they introduce him.

litlthread

[26]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 13
    Does anyone know when the second series will begin?

fredbalsdon

[27]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    Sweet i cant wait for season2 great show.

Anton_Legend

[28]Mar 2, 2007
    season 2 starting in america soon. I wonder what our overseas pals will make of it?!

nie02

[29]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 2
    the show season one just aired this past weekend on bbc america. i haven't watched it yet, but i am looking forward to checking it out.

RonnieVM

[30]Mar 6, 2007

i LOVED the fist season,delighted its coming back!Hopefuly all the cast will return!

dark7angel

[31]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 18

I just loved the first season, it's the best Robin Hood story ever... specially with Jonas Armstrong, he's so HOT!

I can't wait for the second season to begin. It's going to be GREAT...

pennyrua

[32]Mar 13, 2007
    Fantastic, I love this show. I thought the end of the 1st season was hilarious with them all jumping up in the air. so cheesetastic!!!

angelsskisses

[33]Mar 17, 2007
    I wonder if in the 2nd season they'll talk more about the charaters past. like how was robin just before he left for war. or were allan a dale came from and all. do you all know what i mean.

angelsskisses

[34]Mar 17, 2007
    to add on of what i was saying would be what was marian's reation just before robin went to war and all.

jtilly25

[35]Mar 19, 2007
    This is definatly a keeper but it might get redundant with to many similar plots. I do think that Friar Tuck would be an improvment to the cast. I do hope that next season fairs as well as this one did.

pennyrua

[36]Mar 27, 2007
    I didn't think Friar Tuck was joining the cast. Is he? That would be quite cool but there are already quite a lot of characters, I would like to see more of them before a new character is introduced.

hurricaneez2

[37]Mar 27, 2007
    Just got done watching the first season (in the USA) and am very pleased there will be a Season 2. I totally agree with the setiment stated by someone earlier in the thread that the love triangle had gotten old. Glad it is over.

The-Soup-Nazi

[38]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 8

I seriously think this show has enough possible plot to carry for even more then another season, seriously!

Edited on 04/04/2007 6:00am

SweetPeaSurry

[39]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 24

Anton_Legend wrote:
    season 2 starting in america soon. I wonder what our overseas pals will make of it?!

Yup ... we're on the Fifth Eppy here on the BBC America ... and I love it!!!! We haven't even been InTrOdUcEd to Friar Tuck yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also happy to hear there will be a second season, and I too hope for a 3rd 4th and 5th, if they writers can swing some interesting storylines.

The-Soup-Nazi

[40]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    SweetPeaSurry wrote:

Anton_Legend wrote:

Yup ... we're on the Fifth Eppy here on the BBC America ... and I love it!!!! We haven't even been InTrOdUcEd to Friar Tuck yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also happy to hear there will be a second season, and I too hope for a 3rd 4th and 5th, if they writers can swing some interesting storylines.

i think it can last for a quite a long time, fingers crossed [