Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Robin Hood: Season 2

KoL_Addict

[61]May 26, 2007
    • level: 2

Ok, now this might have to do with the fact that I live in the US and the final episode airs tonight,  but how can Marian be coming back for Season 2? If it's a spoiler, please tag it for me

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VanGriffin

[62]May 27, 2007
    • level: 8
    Pinochle1980 wrote:
    No doubt this show is great, but how many storylines could they possibly have without some huge event like a main character's death/wedding.. etc. I love it, but I feel that just in the first season I was wishing for some things to wrap up. They need something new going on.

I don't see Marion's father living too much longer. With Marion free of Gisborne, he'll most likely take it out on Him.

maneeshpan

[63]May 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    This is the only show I watch on BBC America. Before Robin Hood I never really had much interest in the BBC at all. Being a resident of the U.S. I catch up on all the episodes from BBC America and just saw the season finale for season 1 a few days back. I'm so excited for season 2. I hope Prince John is eventually worked into the series for real -- in season 1 I know he's mentioned but he is not shown. I'd also like to see the real King Richard eventually making an appearance. I wonder how Robin would ever be able to prove that Sir Guy of Gisborne was in the Holy Land and tried to kill the King now that the tatoo Guy had and the alleged physician who treated Gisborne although Gisborne was well are both out of the picture. Now there is absolutely no evidence linking Gisborne to the attempt to kill the King. Two crucial pieces of evidence are destroyed so I wonder what now? Am glad to see Marian abandoning Gisborne at the end of season 1 and canceling the marriage in favor of being with Robin but this might make things more dangerous for her and Marian's father in season 2.

After all she had agreed to marry Guy in the first place for her safety -- she was in a position where she felt originally that she had no choice. Hopefully she and Robin will get married eventually. Also an appearance by Friar Tuck would be interesting.

VanRanger

[64]May 30, 2007
    • level: 3

First of all I just want to say hello, as I'm new here. So, Hi. lol

Anyway, I too watch Robin Hood on BBC America, however while Robin Hood is my favorite show on BBC, I've always watched shows on and off there. Anyway, as for the season finale it was amazing, I mean I was scared that Marian was dead like Djaq said, not to mention I was biting my nails because I thought Sir Edward was sure to get killed. I'm really happy that BBC has decided to do another season because this quality of a show is extremely rare in today's TV shows.

I would also like to see Prince John be worked into the show, not to mention Friar Tuck, but as for King Richard maybe not until the end of the second season because if he did return he'd have the Sheriff removed of power for sure with the state of everything. It'll be very interesting to see how Gisborne shows his revenge and unfortunately I fear it'll be through killing Sir Edward, and while some people may think would be fine, I happen to be a Sir Edward fan. lol I also can't wait to see how Djaq uses the book containing Greek Fire, because as far as I remember nothing else had been said about it since she pulled it from the fire in the forest.

nicki1147

[65]May 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    BBC already anounced that Friar Tuck won't be in this Robin Hood Series.

VanRanger

[66]May 31, 2007
    Oh, really I didn't know that, and while it doesn't bother me much, I still would have liked to have seen him make an appearance. Thanks for the info.

nicki1147

[67]May 31, 2007
    They said that it would be offending to fat viewers (:

dark7angel

[68]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 18
    nicki1147 wrote:
    They said that it would be offending to fat viewers (:

parizada

[69]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 11
    KoL_Addict wrote:

Ok, now this might have to do with the fact that I live in the US and the final episode airs tonight,  but how can Marian be coming back for Season 2? If it's a spoiler, please tag it for me

***SPOILER***

And on another note, I have to say I'm disappointed that there wont be a Friar Tuck. Now are you being serious when you said it's coz it would offend fat viewers? or was it just a joke? I know this might make me sound kinda thick, esp if it is a joke  but i really want to see friar tuck in this series. and as for offending fat ppl...PUH LEASE! I'm fat, and i don't care. In fact it would be nice to see an actor in the series who isn't stick thin and gorgeous!

nicki1147

[70]Jun 4, 2007
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2006/12/07/matt_lucas_friar_tuck_feature.shtml

This is the only link I could find that explained why he was expunged out of the show. I know, I'm slightly overweight and I would laugh when Alan is mean to the Friar. ^^

VanRanger

[71]Jun 7, 2007

That seems like a lousy excuse they gave for dropping the character, I mean while Tuck was never a fighter he was there for moral support, religious beliefs and comic relief, and in my opinion is a great character and role model. As for Matt Lucas playing the part I think he'd be great, however the only thing this is I don't really think he's old enough.

WinxClubRulz

[72]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 5

Yes i am in heaven. Robin Hood has always been my favourite tale. My fave movie is robin hood men in tights. But Robin is so hot, and i hope nxt season he gets 2gether with marian and guy of gisborne gets whats coming to him, and the sheriff gets knocked down a notch or two or three or lots. Hee. Long Live ROBIN HOOD. Yea.

All4House

[73]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    I can't wait for season two!I just finished watching the first season on BBC America and it's fantastic.I've seen many Robin Hood movies, short series etc but this is by far the best. Jonas Armstrong is the perfect Robin Hood he's witty, intelligentand not to mention sexy.I really like the chemistry between Jonas and Lucy! I'm excited to see where Robin and Marians relationship goes in Season Two (most likely marriage). I can't imagine Gisbon will be very happy,he'll probably take it out on Marians father The sheriff is hilarious, I still laugh when I think of the "Pillow Talk" conversation between him and Robin. I love the "outlaw gang" as I call them,Much and Will are my favorites though. Again can't wait for the next season!

dark7angel

[74]Jun 9, 2007
    All4House wrote:
    I can't wait for season two!I just finished watching the first season on BBC America and it's fantastic.I've seen many Robin Hood movies, short series etc but this is by far the best. Jonas Armstrong is the perfect Robin Hood he's witty, intelligentand not to mention sexy.I really like the chemistry between Jonas and Lucy! I'm excited to see where Robin and Marians relationship goes in Season Two (most likely marriage). I can't imagine Gisbon will be very happy,he'll probably take it out on Marians father The sheriff is hilarious, I still laugh when I think of the "Pillow Talk" conversation between him and Robin. I love the "outlaw gang" as I call them,Much and Will are my favorites though. Again can't wait for the next season!

I agree with every single word... this Robin Hood is the BEST
    Can't wait for season 2 either

sunny_dreams

[75]Jun 12, 2007
    I reckon Marian's father is going to be gone soon too. He'll either be shipped out to some faraway town or killed. Is filming back on?

dark7angel

[76]Jun 12, 2007
    sunny_dreams wrote:
    Is filming back on?
    Yes it is. The cast is back in Hungary and filming has recommenced on series 2
    Edited on 06/13/2007 1:43am

coolcowboyken

[77]Jun 15, 2007

Short report on Hungarian tv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdadWXghbzs

propop

[78]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 8

You know I alway remember at the end of the S1 final episode when Marian hops off the horse andRobin says something like..We can't be seen together.. This makes S2 all the more exciting for me. Robin is still an outlaw so he and Marian will have to keep their relationship underwraps; because if the Sheriff or Guy found out it would surely condemn her and her father to death. OHHHH SOOOOO interesting can't wait to see how this one goes!!!

nicki1147

[79]Jun 22, 2007
    coolcowboyken wrote:

Short report on Hungarian tv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdadWXghbzs

Anywhere I can find this in English?

dark7angel

[80]Jun 23, 2007
    propop wrote:

You know I alway remember at the end of the S1 final episode when Marian hops off the horse andRobin says something like..We can't be seen together.. This makes S2 all the more exciting for me. Robin is still an outlaw so he and Marian will have to keep their relationship underwraps; because if the Sheriff or Guy found out it would surely condemn her and her father to death. OHHHH SOOOOO interesting can't wait to see how this one goes!!!

I agree with you. It is really going to be very interesting