Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 ending - Love it or hate it!!!!

hurricaneez2

[21]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    I thought the ending was fine but it didnt make up for the rest of Season 3. It just wasnt that good. The whole Robin/Kate think in particular bothered me because it just seemd so tacked on. Killing off Marion was just a horrible idea and it really came back to bite them IMO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DreamCruise

[22]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 13

hurricaneez2 wrote:
    I thought the ending was fine but it didnt make up for the rest of Season 3. It just wasnt that good. The whole Robin/Kate think in particular bothered me because it just seemd so tacked on. Killing off Marion was just a horrible idea and it really came back to bite them IMO.
    Totally agree. I loved this series, the writers took such care in making this cast a family, getting us attached to the characters.....and... boom... they kill Marian. It could never be the same after that. Then they thought, oh what the heck, lets kill Alan, Gisbon, and Robin too. And the sheriff. Watching the remaining cast carrying Robin's dead body was just too much. Did the writers mean to be that cruel? Can't imagine they did, but cruel it was. If I want to see death and dying I'll watch the news or read the paper. I don't need to see it on a series like this.

(So, last night I see a preview for the new Robin Hood movie with Russell Crowe..... Yawn)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.