Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 Spoilers and Speculation.

Anaithnid

[1]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 10

Ok there's gonna be a third season, but WTF will happen.

Marian is six feet under.

Will and Djaq are staying in the Holy Land.

The Sheriff and Guy are outlaws, whereas Robin, John, Much and Allan have been given power by King Richard which would mean they no longer are outlaws.

Lucy Griffiths has been contracted for season 3, so how are they gonna bring her back from the dead?

Will Djaq and Will return?

It's madness!!!

Discuss...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lifesapeach

[2]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    what the helllll. i'm mad about them killing her off. and if she's in season three, what is she going to be, a ghost? what is this, star wars? i am angry and confused. are they officially making another season? because that has to be the most unsatisfactory ending ever.

Anaithnid

[3]Dec 29, 2007
    Yes, the announcer on BBC said that it would be returning, as the credits ran. There has also been a lot of talk from the actors about filming, so it's fairly definite. I'm sure there'll be links up for it soon enough to watch online. It only aired here a few hours ago, so give it another couple of hours. It was an hour and a half episode so it could take a bit longer to upload.

Caipirinha_89

[4]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    I haven't actually seen the episode yet but from what Anaithnid wrote I was thinking that maybe the king gets killed by prins Jhon or some other high Lord or something, which is frind with the sheriff, this person takes the kings place and reinstate the sheriff who ofcourse makes Robin and the rest outlaws again. He capture Robin and his gang and is going to execute them. This Will and Djac hears and returns to England to help. The Marion part is bit tricky but maybe it's like the first season finale and she didn't really die? and she returns to Robin. Or maybee if she did die she has a twin or something that suddenly poops up, yes I now a bit far fecthed, if not the twin mayby Robin fantasis about Marion instead. Not the completely crazy way just from sadness and he knows its not real, he can see and talk to her but nobody else can. Anyway Robin and the gang get's rescued by Will and Djac and the gang is all back together, fighting the sheriff.

jonnyscott

[5]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    Ohhh...nie idea, most likely that Robin will just thinks he sees her... I can't picture that she actally raiss from the dead, especially after you see her getting chucked in the ground.

Bummer ending... Marion's role was a great role, and they could have probably done a lot more with her character in the next season.

SS2Gohan

[6]Dec 30, 2007
    We never actually saw Marion getting chucked in the ground. We saw a empty grave en Marion's body lying next to it...

If 24 could revive Tony, why could Robin Hood not revive Marion?

Anaithnid

[7]Dec 30, 2007
    SS2Gohan wrote:
    We never actually saw Marion getting chucked in the ground. We saw a empty grave en Marion's body lying next to it...

If 24 could revive Tony, why could Robin Hood not revive Marion?

We never saw Tony die or get buried. It could have been a conspiracy from the start. Robin Hood doesn't really do the whole conspiracy thing. I'm 95% confident she died.

Kegel84

[8]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 4
    I have really no clue what they want to do in the 3rd season since they have literally killed off most of their plots. Robin is left with Much, Allan (ex-traitor) and Little John.

reckless222

[9]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 1

Hi guys, what a great episode that last one was! I really really really don't think she's dead and buried though. Even the BBC is not crazy enough to do Robin Hood without Marion (I hope)!

There were a few things in the ep. that made it look possible for her to be alive. My guess is this: she was unmasked as the night watchman AND tried to murder the sheriff. She would be executed without a doubt.

My guess is that Guy (who loves the girl unconditionally it seems!) agreed to stage the murder so the sheriff wouldn't hunt her down. Djac and Will stayed as her "bodyguard" for all three of them to return in the next series! It also keeps Guy as a more sympathetic character (which is clearly what half of the viewers REALLY want!) ;D

lifesapeach

[10]Dec 30, 2007
    okay i finally watched the ep and i have to say i don't think she's dead. i mean i think that entire thing was completely ridiculous because it angered many fans and confused everybody but i really don't think she's dead for many reasons. 1) that really can't kill off marian. it would be like television suicide. her and robin's story is the main part of that show. 2) griffiths signed on for another season and they can't possibly be doing flashbacks or anything remotely like that. 3) we never saw her buried. we never even really saw her die. it was never like, "oh my god she's dead, i can't believe it." he just kind of started carrying her. but we definitely never saw her buried. and why wouldn't they unless she was somehow alive? also, wouldn't they bury her in england? 4) after it cut from the burial and went to the aftermath robin was totally cool. like, last season he was having a complete breakdown and they weren't even officially together yet, soooo why is he taking this so well? it's just not his character 5) someone said this on the youtube comments and although it is kind of a small detail and may or may not have anything to do with it, he never said who robin was specifically mourning. he was just like, "you should return home to mourn." end. i don't know you guys it's all really suspicious. but after seeing that i honestly don't think they killed her off. and not just because i love her character. i mean, honestly it doesn't look like she died. but it really annoys me that they DID that to us! AND we have to wait an entire year to find out what on earth happened. i feel totally empty now that it's over. also, overall that episode was extremely unsatisfying. i was definitely really disappointed.

Vox-Populi

[11]Dec 30, 2007

Unless the writers would have had to write Lucy Griffiths out of the series because she was unavailable for a third series (which apparently is not the case because I understand she has signed on for a new series) it seems unlikely they would kill off such a character so central to the Robin Hood story. And a 'ghost/external conscience' kind of role in series three would be far too limiting.

A staged killing including Guy seems awfully contrived. For whose benefit was the pretend death scene and burial? The Sheriff wasn't around to see it. For any informants he may have left there? The fact we only saw the 'body' outside the grave is somewhat suspect but if they wouldn't have finished the burial then the rest of the fake burial wouldn't have been enough to fool the onlooking informant. Besides. Being 'dead' perhaps creates more problems than it solves. The only thing is that when Marian pulls the sword out you can see that it is only half a sword plus you can see the top of the sheath it is pulled out of. Is that intentional because it is supposed to be a staged death or is it just because of prop limitations and because you can only really see it when you freeze frame it?

If it isn't a staged death that then leaves a good old dream sequence as a possibility. Not the most original but always a useful mechanism to get away with such things.

If that is the case then to me the most likely scenario is that Djac dreamt the episode while spending the night in the besieged shed. I mean... A pigs head with gunpowder? She was going to reveal the fact that she disobeyed Robin's orders not to make it by blowing up a pigs head on his birthday? What Muslim tradition is that? And those mercenaries. What were they wearing? All those colours? And those shields and helmets seemed a bit out of place. Those parts could be her dream version of the events of the previous day since they happen before the night in question.

Confessing her love for Will and he instantly returning it is all a bit wishful thinking kinda stuff. And the Sheriff leaving for the Holy Land himself to kill the King just with Guy???? Surely he would have had others do his dirty work for him. And take Marian with them? After she tried to kill him? All that seemed odd to me right from the start. It would also explain the absence of the (considerable) voyage to the Holy Land 'cos that's how such things work in dreams. It would also explain her staying in the Holy Land with Will. It's wishful thinking again from her perspective. But their staying behind would also fit with the 'staged death' scenario so the writers might still want to try and make that one plausible. We'll see.

Since Djac is the 'mysterious oriental woman with strange knowledge' etc. it may well be presented as some forewarning dream intended to prevent some of the things that happened in the last episode from really happening in the next series. And maybe the writers were testing the water to see whether they could actually move the action to the setting of the Holy Land. Perhaps including the whole voyage to it as an opportunity to have very different settings in which they can create new stories. If they would find a plausible character to replace the Sheriff in his absence the writers could let him travel to the Holy Land in a plot to kill the King but only with a lot more men. If only for his personal protection during the voyage. Maybe that's where the mercenaries come in. Maybe the writers felt that all stories having to be set in/around Nottingham was beginning to become too limiting. Such a storyline could be spun out over many episodes.

And if they hadn't thought of that but now they have and they will use it I should get myself an agent.

flyinsquirrel92

[12]Dec 30, 2007
    • level: 9
    I thought that the episode was amazing even if I hated it. They can't kill Marian! And what's going to happen in season 3? it's all so confusing. I mean, it's possible that Djaq could bring her back from the dead or something, but even if she were to somehow come back to life, what would happen? With almost every plot line neatly tied up, I don't see how they can create a third season. Obviously Richard can't die because that would go against, well, history. I suppose the sheriff could attempt another revolt in England and attack Robin or something but other than that there really is no point. I hope they come up with something...

lifesapeach

[13]Dec 30, 2007
    this is the end of the synopsis on the bbc home page: "As Marian lays dying, Robin finds her and contemplates a future without her. Meanwhile, Will and Djaq decide to remain behind in the Holy land and wave a fond goodbye to their friends." see they don't even say that she was officially dead. so i'm pretty sure she's not. does anyone know what djaq said to robin? and where was robin coming from when everyone else was saying goodbye to will and djaq? and robin seemed like...grateful that they were staying. and "take care of her" could have been for marian. god i'm like totally going crazy here.

angierf

[14]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 3
    lifeapeach.. i totally agree with your point of view. I seriously think Marian is not dead and she's going to stay in th holy land...and be back next season..

I mean... Robin didn;t even shed a tear... that's so unrealistic. And the part where he's the last one to find out will & djac are staying... where was he? With Marian!!!!

I'm more convinced now that she's NOT dead!!!

caroh105

[15]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 4
    Anaithnid wrote:

Ok there's gonna be a third season, but WTF will happen.

Marian is six feet under.

Will and Djaq are staying in the Holy Land.

The Sheriff and Guy are outlaws, whereas Robin, John, Much and Allan have been given power by King Richard which would mean they no longer are outlaws.

Lucy Griffiths has been contracted for season 3, so how are they gonna bring her back from the dead?

Will Djaq and Will return?

It's madness!!!

Discuss...

I know exactly what u mean!!!! This is exactly what happened in series 1! I wonder how Marian will die next season? Maybe they try voo doo...

blondie_girl

[16]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 7

i agree. i was sitting there thinking the same thing when he said "look after her." to will. Djaq doesn't need looking after so wtf.

and how could he leave her so soon. wouldn't he want to say goodbye properly.

also why isn't he more angry about Guy, i thought that he would be fuming.

plus no-one seems to be that upset about recent events.

DaftWeeHun

[17]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 5

The BBC are amazing!!!!

I know that isnt what you guy want to here right now, i know i feel you pain honest to god it has taking me three days to even write this message because this is how long i have been contiplating the whole MARIAN DIEDthing in my mind. I completely agree that i fact i think the whole thing was staged much to sadly Robin anger when marian does finally get back to england. Ok it was staged to save marian out of danger with the sheiff and Robin had to be kept into the dark because he would bring more danger than necessary, remember we didnt really see the whole chat with Guy and Marian when she was locked up in the room ( wholekill the sheriff talk)

Also to take the weight of are shoulders Lucy Griffiths signed up for season 3 so that isnt really are main concern, its the fact how are we going to raise her from the dead because she has to come back ,same with Will and Drjac i mean how else would we get the gang back to sherwood if it wasnt for the fact Marian isnt really dead.

The facts

season 3 is happening

Lucy Griffiths will be in it They cant make her a ghost. This is Robin Hood not DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!

So even though i have babbled a bit a least we can see that she has to be coming back because well i sort of like whats mickey without minnie. THEIR IS NO ROBIN HOOD WITH OUT MARIAN

Also it a family show , and you dont go killing of the leads in the start of the play

Austenfan

[18]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 5

I'm gonna go with dream sequence or a knock-off of last season's finale. The writers were probably like, "man we blew it last year when we had her come back before the end of the season...this year let's actually make them think she kicked the bucket!! It'll kill em!!" Plus they were totally screwing up by making everyone prefer Guy+Marian to Robin+Marian, which is completely backwards. So they needed a way to ensure that the audience DESPISED Guy, well I can safely say it worked on me. The stab scene made me sick...

Either someone is having a crazy dream (which would explain why everyone seemed so out of character), or it all really happened and now Will and Djaq are staying to care for sickly Marian.

It's hard to say.

propop

[19]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 8
    However they do it she better be back! I don't want to watch it without her character in the show.

After reading some of your ideas I think TPTB have a chance to redeem this blunder. I just think that a staged death wont work to well because the whole basis for the scene with Guy was to tell him that she really loved Robin and was going to marry him. Something that the audience needed to hear from her character as well. In knowing this what would be Guy's motivation to helping her... unless Robin doesn't know and because she promised to marry him (Guy) that only those two planned this at Guy's insistance.. Now that doesn't seem remotely plausible once I typed out but how else does one explain her speech about loving Robin, seriously can't see Guy helping her out after that not to mention the burial.. The only thing I can think of is dream sequence. Either Robin's, Marian's or other character. I guess you could have a plot with a planned death for Marian by Robin and the gang out of fear of future retributions by the Sherif and Guy but even that is a little iffy. Maybe Guy is also in on it to fool the Sherif and remain an insider so as to expose the Black Knights for the King (for which he will get tittle and lands, a good motivation for his character). In any event like I said before hope they find some way to dig themselves out of this hole with a real live Marian for the sake of a great season 3 to maintain the legend of Robin Hood.

Anaithnid

[20]Dec 31, 2007
    To be honest, in a way, at this stage, I kinda hope they have killed her off, just to prove all our theories wrong, because I think a dead Marian is more satisfying than a dream or a faked death.