Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 Spoilers and Speculation.

DaftWeeHun

[21]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    Okay you can laugh all you want after this but my gut tells me she is still alive i mean they cant really kill her off or the show would never have a happy ending i mean Will and Draj together, John and Alice and LJ reunited and Much finally gets Bonchurch and Alan well he can have lordship. But Robin would get Lockely back and then be alone for ever because he will proberly wouldnt find another love he cant because it was always Marian he said so him self at the end of season 1 when she died before. So if they can bring her back once they can bloody well do it again or the BBC can say GOODBYE to all their fans and season 3 of Robin Hood will be ruined because they where idiots and decided to kill of one of the most important people in the show. I havent a clue how on earth they are going to bring her back from the dead but they must i mean you really wouldnt want to spoil and brilliant show over a death. So i think they will have to bring her back cos well we want her back and two she's contracted for season 3 and she better not be a bloody ghost.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lifesapeach

[22]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 2
    yeah i definitely don't want a dream-sequence/faked death thing either because i think that that would be completely ridiculous and it would actually kind of anger me if the writers did that, especially in the season finale when we're hanging on a cliff for a year trying to figure out what on earth happened. but i really have to say that there were a lot of holes in that last episode. i mean...everyones' actions were SO inconsistent with their characters. guy favoring the sheriff or marian was kind of iffy considering he basically risked everything to hide her being the NW in the eleventh episode. then he passes up getting pardoned by the king, having wealth and power, AND getting marian? that doesn't quite sound like him. he did make that speech last season that he hated the king but this season it was like he was so obsessed with marian that he'd do anything for her and then he stabs her? totally confusing. and the very ending where it never really showed her die and robin wasn't really upset about it and just everything was really suspicious and i just have no idea how they are going to explain themselves. i mean okay marian dies, fine. but i can see why people don't believe it. i watched the episode and i did not for one second think she died. it never confirmed it. nor does the bbc website confirm it. you never saw her buried or even for sure die. but why why WHY would they do that? that's what i'm wondering. i mean a dream or something makes sense in that everyone was acting weird and impossible things were occurring but at the same time, why would the writers do that? are they going to next season be like, "oh just kidding! here's what really happened:..." i don't know, dudes. i'm completely stumped. and very annoyed.

Austenfan

[23]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 5
    meee too.

uofc57

[24]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 16
    I do think it's odd that Marian is dead, and Lucy Griffiths is signed on for next season. But maybe she will be a ghost, or a fantasy of Robin's. I'm more upset that Djaq and Will won't be there. They're my favorite characters, and I've waited for two seasons to see them together, and now they're not even going to be there.

serenity01

[25]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    I totally get what everyone is saying about this being COMPLETELY insane and kinda ridiculous. Most of the theories floating around, faking her death etc. And I also understand why they can't really kill off Marion, but COME ON how many times can she fake her death, almost die etc. It's getting a little ridiculous, it's like when they wanna end the season they do something that involves Marion plus death. Which is sad, since the show is amazingly written and just great in general that they shouldn't have to resort to this stupidity at the end of every season. So we all know that it's obvious that Marion is going to return somehow someway just because she can't really die. But I don't understand why the show has to resort to this stupidity to end the season. Although it does keep the fan base coming back to see how the hell Marion is going to come back to life.

caroh105

[26]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 4
    I agree with all of you. Her "death" is a little pathetic, considering that exactly the same thing happened last time. I don't think she's really dead, the whole flashbacks thing would be a massive cop out on the writer's part, and would only distort the actual Robin hood legend.

jamiemacbeth108

[27]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 8
    i think she dead cause of the whole she died on screen after being stabbed and djaq shaking her head, "say goodbye robin". then again i thought she died in season 1. i do hope she isnt dead and its a lame storyline by the writers, similar to the marian joins robin in the forest but then decides to return to the castle for no reason. if she is dead then that sucks since shes basically the joint protagonist with robin. half of the second season was either marian and gisbourne or marian and robin. also in every other adaptation marian always ends up with robin. plus i live in nottingham so i know a little about the story since shes supposed to join robin in the woods plus where is friar tuck. i hope she isnt dead but if she isnt that is just crap from the writers.

dark7angel

[28]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 18
    I've just seen the final ep... I'm still in shock!!! I hope she's not dead but I honestly have know idea how they can bring her back...

Mountiegirl

[29]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 9

lifesapeach wrote:
    this is the end of the synopsis on the bbc home page: "As Marian lays dying, Robin finds her and contemplates a future without her. Meanwhile, Will and Djaq decide to remain behind in the Holy land and wave a fond goodbye to their friends." see they don't even say that she was officially dead. so i'm pretty sure she's not. does anyone know what djaq said to robin? and where was robin coming from when everyone else was saying goodbye to will and djaq? and robin seemed like...grateful that they were staying. and "take care of her" could have been for marian. god i'm like totally going crazy here.

I totally agree with you!!! I've never noticed it before til you mentioned it.

They have to bring back Marian and Will&Djaq. I can't remember who said it but the theory about Robin and gang being captured and then Will&Djaq come back to save them. I see that happening. Plus, they'll bring Marian back. I know it.

If not TPTB will have some angry hate mail

psh_yourmom07

[30]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 12

So after reading all your theories i have hope lol. I thought it was kindof strange that they didnt show her being buried and hope robin wasn't having an absolute break down. I just don't think ill watch the show if they honestly killed her off. I think the theory i like the best is that everything actually happend just marian lived and will the dajak are staying back to care for marian. Any way they bring her back though would be fiine with me. I mean obviously you see that she signed a contact for season 3 but you never know maybe they are planning something really stupid likeher being in his dreams or something. Wow, that would suck. I guess i should have more faith! AHH i can't believe they are making us wait a year to know what happend!

Well maybe we will hear something before then

greysroxs

[31]Jan 5, 2008
    I loved the last episode of the series and have not cried that much in months. As you have probably guessed I was very upset that Marion died. What I don't understand thought is how they can do it. I mean the traditional Robin Hood story is how Robin Hood eventually gets rid of the Sheriff and his henchman and wins his fair lady's heart. If they bring Marion Back I will be really happy but I hope they don't spoil the series by making her a ghost!!(I think that is just going a little bit to far.) In my dream scenario will and Djaq go to visit Marion's grave and discover that she alive and was just in a coma or something like that. They will help her recover and the three of them will help the king in the Holy Land. Eventually after a little while the three of them will travel back to Nottingham and in to the Forest. You can tell I live in cuckoo Land cant you. Well you can dream. Even thought that is my dream scenario if that happened you have to ask if they bring her back from the "dead" again whether they have any other plot ideas at all. I hope after I have rambled on someone agrees me.

morenow951

[32]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 6

I'm sorry if you all hate me for this, but Marion isn't coming back.

Read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/content/articles/2007/12/31/killing_maid_marian_feature.shtml

Anaithnid

[33]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    Article could easily be a decoy. It wouldn't surprise me, but on the other hand it's a legitimate reason and could well be true. It's definitely not concrete proof.

greysroxs

[34]Jan 5, 2008
    I have just had a look at a paper from a couple of days ago and there have been thousands of complaints to the BBC complain programme BEEP about her death. I don't know whether that will cause the writers to do something about it. I have to say I would rather have a new Marion that not one at all and they could have worked it that there was a new Marion then just killing her off

dark7angel

[35]Jan 5, 2008
    • level: 18
    They have to bring Marian back but it has to be Lucy Griffiths. It wouldn't work with a new Marian. I honestly hope they bring her back.

Anaithnid

[36]Jan 5, 2008
    Lucy Griffiths doesn't seem to want to go back.
    I think the writers should ignore the complaints.
    What type of person gets their knickers in a twist over the death of a tv character. It's ridiculous. Move on.

lifesapeach

[37]Jan 5, 2008
    anaithnid, it is true that the death of a tv character is probably not the most important event on this earth, but discussing it is what this forum is for. you are free to offer your opinions, but please respect those of others. thank you.

Anaithnid

[38]Jan 6, 2008
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong discussing it in a forum like this, my problem is people went out of their way to complain to the BBC about it and threatening not to watch the show if Marian isn't brought back. Ultimately, the BBC will just turn around and say, "Right people aren't gonna watch this show without Marian. We can't think of a way to bring her back. Let's just cancel the show altogether if ratings are going to drop and just start an entirely new show with some of this cast."
    People complaining about the plot of the story to the people who commission the show, is ridiculous and I won't change that point of view.
    We can discuss bringing Marian back on this site all we want - it would be crazy if we didn't discuss it - as it is a big deal, but to complain to the producers???
    I'm sorry if that offends you lifesapeach, but as you said yourself we're entitled to our opinions and that is mine.

lifesapeach

[39]Jan 6, 2008
    your opinion isn't offensive, it's your tone. and i'm pretty sure they won't cancel this show if so many people are upset about the marian thing. i mean, if it has such a strong following they would be insane to cancel for any reason. regardless of whether or not marian is coming back, they already have announced that they are making another season. that means that they can't really cancel it. also i think it is kind of pointless to complain to the producers. because i can't really see them doing anything about it. i think sending all those petitions about marian and emailing the bbc won't make that huge of a difference anyway, because if LG is leaving then the end, that's final and nothing can be done about it. if she's coming back then they already have a story laid out and i'm not sure that a few online petitions will send the producers running to the writers to change their story. at the same time i feel like no harm done if people do that. never know unless you try, i guess. i mean, i'm pretty upset about the marian thing but if anything, i am definitely going to tune in to the next season to know what the hell happened. i guess what i'm trying to say is that i really have no idea what's going to happen with the marian thing, but the bbc had better be ready to offer some sort of coherent explanation and not disappoint fans again. otherwise, yeah. it will have to be cancelled. but i don't think they'll cancel it because a few die-hard marian followers will tune out if she's not on it. and i also think it's kind of too early to petition to bring marian back if we don't even know for sure that she's dead yet. i know there was no way she could have survived that stabbing and blah blah blah, but that ending was extremely confusing and offered absolutely no hard evidence or confirmation that she's gone for good. honestly we kind of just have to wait for next season.

Anaithnid

[40]Jan 6, 2008
    You can't tell what kind of tone a person is using through text. You can only imagine and obviously you are imagining a negative tone, whereas I'm thinking in a light-hearted positive one. People complaining to the Beeb is a joke and therefore those people deserve to become the butt of that joke and be mocked in a light-hearted fashion on the tv.com forums.
    My original point was, I hope Marian is dead just to spite these people who bothered complaining. You may conceive that as evil, I see it as devilishly funny.
    And I refuse to discuss this matter with you any further. If you bring it up again, you're merely trolling, which is not acceptable in the forums, so please stop and stick to the topic at hand.