Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 Spoilers and Speculation.

morenow951

[41]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 6

Will you please stop arguing with each other and stick to the topic of the thread.

Lets stop looking back at how sad we are at the ending and look forward to what might happen next year.

Will Djaq and Will come back?

How will Robin cope without Marion?

Will there be any new characters?

All are questions up for discussion.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lifesapeach

[42]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    haha okay i am through with arguing. soooo yes back to business...

so i heard somewhere that they're bringing friar tuck in, finally? how are they working that out? i don't think robin will cope without marian. he'll probably be completely useless and become a hermit in some sort of forest-cave. or go CRAZY and kill everyone. and djaq and will had better come back. it would totally suck majorly if they didn't.

greysroxs

[43]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 9
    I am only speculating but i guess that if Will and Djaq don't return to england that Robin will have to get some more members of his team because it means there would only be 4 of them and that is only if Alan does not leave which I don't think he will but it is still a possibility.
    I believe that Robin will continue to fight the sheriff but I think quite angrily like he did last time she "died"

44jysella11

[44]Jan 7, 2008
    greysroxs wrote:
    I believe that Robin will continue to fight the sheriff but I think quite angrily like he did last time she "died"
    sounds great, i love robin when he's angry!! my gut instinct tells me that marian is dead- the reaction on guy's face is enough to suggest that he actually killed her. i sure Djac and Will come back though- cos they are living with the pidgeon man and im sure allan left with a pidgeon basket cage thing. Robin had better kill guy early on in the new series though- i reackon though that if they make a new series it will be the last, cos there is only so much sherif chasing that they can do!!i reakon that robin or allan will kill of guy early on in the series and robin will kill the sheriff at the end when the king returns!!!

Mountiegirl

[45]Jan 8, 2008
    morenow951 wrote:

Will you please stop arguing with each other and stick to the topic of the thread.

Lets stop looking back at how sad we are at the ending and look forward to what might happen next year.

Will Djaq and Will come back?

How will Robin cope without Marion?

Will there be any new characters?

All are questions up for discussion.

1. Okay, I'm assuming they will - I heard a rumor that Harry Lloyd's quit because he's in line to be the 12th Doctor (Doctor Who) but since David Tennant has denied all rumors that he's quiting.... AND Allan did have a pigion/dove thing on his back so if the gang need Will&Djaq they can send a bird to them.

2. I don't know if Marian's dead - the uproar on the BBC website suggests the BBC might press the writers to make her return and that whole thing about her pursussing Hollywood - isn't everyone (I've been there - litterally Hollywood, the sign, stars etc she may just be going on holiday)

3. Possibly, I hope Will's brother comes into the picture more because tey could really develop his character or perhaps someone from high society joins the gang.

Those are my thoughts

greysroxs

[46]Jan 8, 2008
    I think it would be a good idea to introduce Will's brother as a new character for the gang

dark7angel

[47]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 18
    I agree, it would be nice if Luke joined the gang.

I think Will and Djaq will return (and I'm hoping they'll bring Marian with them...). I mean they have to return! The gang needs them...

Robin will keep fighting, he made a promise and he will keep it. But if Marian is really dead (I'm still in denial) I think we'll see Robin fighting without any passion, if you know what I mean. No more joking around, he would be all serious... And Guy should be careful, Robin can't kill the Sheriff but he can kill Guy (I know I would...)

lifesapeach

[48]Jan 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    yeah okay...question...what does "going to hollywood" mean? like seriously, is she just going on vacation or something...because i have yet to see any hard evidence that she left the show. and i think that the fact that everyone keeps using the phrase "going to hollywood" is really funny because it reminds me of some cheesy movie title, i.e. "ernest goes to africa." but seriously..."going to hollywood" is i think a rumor. the bbc nottingham website prefaced that claim with "the word is that..." so unless someone has proof coming from a reputable site, then i'm sticking with the hopes that she's coming back. as for will and djaq, i don't know why they wouldn't come back. i don't even know why they stayed in the holy land unless they're taking care of a wounded marian. especially since djaq said that england was her home now and it's not like will, who's grown up in england all his life is going to happily dwell in the middle-east. right? your thoughts...

dark7angel

[49]Jan 9, 2008

I totally agree with you lifesapeach.

Just because she once said in an interview that she would like to go to Hollywood everyone is assuming she left the series to go there. She is young, she is starting her carrier, she has all the time in the world to go to Hollywood. I don't think she would just leave the series that showed her to the world. Of course if her character is really dead, there's nothing left for her in this show and she would pursuit her carrier in Hollywood. On the other hand, if Marian is somehow alive than I'm sure Lucy woulnd't leave the show. People just keep assuming that the fact that they killed Marian of was because Lucy wanted to leave the show to go to Hollywood... maybe it's the other way around.

Edited on 01/09/2008 2:24pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Mountiegirl

[50]Jan 10, 2008

Well I heard that Will is returning episode 5 of season 3 so..... And of course Djaq will come along because you can't have Robin Hood without either of them.

I think that Lucy (Marian) is going on Holiday to Hollywood and everyone hasblown it out of propirtion. Also, Robin Hood is filmed in the time when the big primetime American shows are on their break (If you get my meaning) so she could join AMerican Primetime (as so many British actors have done) and do Robin Hood. Also, there's that rumor that she's signed up for season 3. I heard that before season 2 ended, it was my main argument for Robin Hood returning.

Also, Luke Scarlett MUST RETURN! I really think the writers could develop his character and when Will&Djaq return (getting hopefull) it will add some interesting story lines like Will marrying and staying in the Holy Landswithout informing his borther. Plus, if Will's not returning til episode 5 - You have to have a Scarlet! It wouldn't be right!

Edited on 01/14/2008 3:10am

Anaithnid

[51]Jan 11, 2008
    • level: 10
    Mountiegirl, do you have a source for the Will returning in 3x05 story?

illegalferret

[52]Jan 12, 2008
    • level: 25

44jysella11 wrote:
    greysroxs wrote:
    sounds great, i love robin when he's angry!! my gut instinct tells me that marian is dead- the reaction on guy's face is enough to suggest that he actually killed her. i sure Djac and Will come back though- cos they are living with the pidgeon man and im sure allan left with a pidgeon basket cage thing. Robin had better kill guy early on in the new series though- i reackon though that if they make a new series it will be the last, cos there is only so much sherif chasing that they can do!!i reakon that robin or allan will kill of guy early on in the series and robin will kill the sheriff at the end when the king returns!!!

Who pointed the pigeon basket out 2 u? Me! (Sorry had 2 clear that up with Hol!)

I believe Marion is dead as a dodo, they'd be stupid to bring her back 2 life (again!) if she is is any further episodes it should b as flashbacks from when they were younger. Will and Djac had better be coming back (will especially! ), come on u cant have a gang of 4! plus u have no doctor and no engineer, how r they gonna break in2 the sheriff's safe for example?! they need to find more people to go in the gang, im all for them bring in will's little brother Guy will die earlier i recon killed be either Robin (more likely) or allan (now that would b good!)

but overall great episode! nearly died of shock when guy stabbed marion and declared to my house i wasn't gonna watch it again as will wasn't going 2 b in it! I've changed my mind, i want tofind out if any of these various speculation happen!

Mountiegirl

[53]Jan 14, 2008

Anaithnid wrote:
    Mountiegirl, do you have a source for the Will returning in 3x05 story?

Youtube, from a friend of a friend of a friend on youtube.

Not a reliable source. Personally I think they'll both come back in episode 1 of season 3.

And illegalferret, I think your right about how you can't have a gang of four and no engineer or Doctor. It'll be stupid.

Also, there is uproar on the BBC website about killing Marian off. I don't know what the writters are going to do. I did hear that they wanted to "Kill Marian off" at the end of season 1, basically have season 1 episode 12 ending as the season 1 finale. But I can't remember where I read that.

BavonessaDufour

[54]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 1

Hi! have you seenhttp://www.lucygriffiths.net/forum...? There's a letterfrom Lucy'sagent : (The agent confirm that Lucy will not be returnig for a third series. I'm devastated. There's no Robin hood without Marion!

Mountiegirl

[55]Jan 19, 2008

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!! You can not have Robin Hood without Marian. It makes NO sense. Mind you, in the original book I think Marian was killed off in the middle because I read the end (I always read the end - so I know what the book is like - that was in a movie. A Harry Lloyd to anyone who can name that movie for me - its on the tip of my tongue. OH it's got Kate Hudson and um....... Okay, going on IMDB)

Anyway, I think Marian was killed off in the middle because Robin died alone.

Going now, CSI NY on.

dark7angel

[56]Jan 19, 2008
    BavonessaDufour wrote:

Hi! have you seenhttp://www.lucygriffiths.net/forum...? There's a letterfrom Lucy'sagent : (The agent confirm that Lucy will not be returnig for a third series. I'm devastated. There's no Robin hood without Marion!

Are you serious??? I still had hope...but now... I just can't imagine a third series without Marian...

aksorcha16

[57]Jan 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    yeah, cuz in the legend robin hood dies in some inn after his aunt poisens him or something like tht, but marian was definetly not there, but little john was, and he was all depressed about him dying, and will was there too

Musicals101

[58]Jan 23, 2008
    Sure you can have a third season without Marian. She's had her moments in the last two seasons and she doesn't need to take up anymore screen time. Robin will move on and find another love interest soon, you can bet on that. It's not like this series pretended to be very faithful to the books in the first place.The series is somewhat like a live action cartoon with the sheriff's broad acting and bloodless fighting, it makes the real life aspects seem quite out of place when someone actually gets hurt. I thought the sheriff's sister was joking when she first said that the armies would destroy Nottingham if the sheriff ever died. What a ridiculous plot point to add just so they can keep the sheriff alive with a tiny bit of believability.

KnightonGirl

[59]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 3

Here is what I have noticed. They are just a few thoughts...

MARIAN'S DEATH: Options and FACTS...

-The Dream Theory:

>What are all of those oddly dressed "Mercenaries"?

>The wierd way the whole gang acted throughout the last two episodes...(Robin's lack of emotion to Marian's death. He freaked out when she "died" last time...

>(This fact is kinda weak)Whats left of the gang in the last part walking into a dreamlike horizon...

>Djaq's fairytale/DREAM about telling Will she loves him...

>The VERY short amount of time it took for all of them to get to Acre.

>Finally, why didn't Guy (Grr) just push Marian aside?! He "Loved" her. Someone who was having the dream could be reliving her other "death".

-The STAGED theory:

>Again, why didn't Guy (grr, again) just push her aside, "if he loved her". If it 'twas staged, he could be tricking the sheriff into thinking she was dead. As to keep her safe.

>Do you remember the 8th episode, "Get Carter!"? Do you also remember the sleep draft Robin took to look dead? It IS possible that Marian could have taken that. And instead, (because she doesn't seem like she is in a bunch of pain) she could be fighting sleep...

>When Marian is lying there, don't you think her WHITE dress would pick up the blood? And what about when Robin layes her beside the grave...the dress would have had plenty of time to be drenched in blood...though, there is not a drop. (though, it is a family show, BUT there would have to be a little...)

>Again, do you remember when Djaq said something in Turkish in the first season? Didn't they translate it? Yes. But why didn't they translate the thing she said at the end of episode 13? It MAY be a blessing, but then, again arises the same question: Why wouldn't they translate it? I believe she says something about a certain someone...I have been trying to translate it by looking online, but it is really hard...

>As some of you have mentioned: Why would Robin say "Take care of her." about Djaq? Robin knows she can take care of herself.

>Where did Robin come from when Will calls his name?! Hm?

>As Robin walks away from Will & Djaq did anyone notice Robin giving them a slightly sly smile and he had a "Robin twinkle" in his eye...Just a thought. If you want the picture go to RobinHood2006.com and go to the 2nd season gallery.

-Little facts:

>Did anyone notice that Marian gives Guy a "Look" (An "It's okay" look) when he had stabbed her? RIGHT after that he lets go. Then he makes sure the sheriff sees...

>Do you remember when Lucky George "stabs" Robin in season one? It is in the Same place Guy stabs Marian.

>Guy's sword doesn't seem to be in her side while she is lying on the ground. Though, this could be the stunt coordinators messing up...I don't think they could though....

> After he stabs Marian why didn't he go to the King? Though, he may have thought he was dead because of the arrow. And he was a little out of sorts, b/c he just stabbed Marian.

Thought I would share this with you all...

It may just be a fools hope, but I don't think so...

dark7angel

[60]Feb 1, 2008

Thank you KnightonGirl, I was really needing to read something like that