Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 Spoilers and Speculation.

psh_yourmom07

[61]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 12
    Thanks for that! I'm still holding on to her being alive. I mean it was a shading episode and scene! And i reallllly don't want her dead!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KnightonGirl

[62]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 3

I am glad I was able to help. It definately helped my sister and me to look at the details. Maybe you all can find some more facts. I know my sister and I have found a couple more.

We must keep hope...

"It is good to Dream..."

TVDaughter

[63]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 9

I'll admit right off from the start I am not a huge fan of Marian and Robin...let alone Marian at all.

I haven't seen Series 2 as I live in the States but I have read enough to know what happens.

I have also read all the speculation and rumors about whether Lucy has or hasn't signed on for S3.

My theory is that we are still missing at least two or three major characters from Robin Hood legend. The first and most obvious is Friar Tuck. (I am patiently waiting for their spin on his role...should be epic!) Next, in one of the original stories, Guy tries to and fails miserably (Alright he dies...) the marriage of NOT Robin and Marian but Robin and Lady Chlorinda- Queen of the Shepherdesses and Mistress of the Bow. Apparently she and Rob were a hot item and even married but she didn't take like Marian did and she's been lost in the mythology. Those are the major two I am aware of and cannot wait to see.

I turn once again to Whedon, creator of all revolutionary TV, and firmly believe YOU CAN kill off a major character and go on really well without them or bring them back from the dead multiple times. (Buffy died like six times I think...) If the show is good enough anything can be done and anything isn't always so bad. I have faith enough in the RH production team that RH will remain on par for what I love without or with Marian.

All of this is IMHO.

Take it or leave it.

propop

[64]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well I still check back into this thread to see what is the latest news and what they decided to do with the show. I must admit that I can not possibly watch a season 3 without the Marian character. I bought the first series on DVD thinking it would be safe to do so, even though I had (in the past) been disappointed by the directions taken by some of my other favourite shows. I thought that even though I did know the destination of Robin and Marian that it was the journey that led to that outcome which really interested me. Gee how wrong could I be! like many feel very cheated. I do not deny the rights of the producers to alter certain details but to me this is a pivitol role that should have been maintained. But like I said... I still come here in the hope (probably in vain) that something has cange for the better.
    Edited on 03/25/2008 9:10am

Maibe_Josie

[65]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 14
    KnightonGirl- I think I may love you for your ability to theorize the mess that was the last two episodes of season two. Everything you said made a wonderful lot of sense, but I guess from a professional standpoint because Lucy isn't coming back, neither is Marian.

I honestly can't picture Robin without Marian, but I guess I'll have to. And I honestly can't wait for season 3, of course I'll prolly have to wait even longer to enjoy it on an actual television screen instead of my computer screen, which, as a poor lowly american I'm forced to do. I need season 3 like yesterday. I don't like waiting so long, I'm getting itchy. And the stupid writer's strike over here only pushed back all my favorite shows, some of which I'm still waiting for to come back.

meerkatmadness

[66]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 9
    Hi! I live in Australia and we only just saw the season 2 finale today. OMG they killed off Marian. When I watched the end I thought there wouldn't be a season 3 coz as people have said before, you just can't have robin hood without Marian. I have been reading nearly all the posts in this forum and let me tell you this, I have had my hopes raised then crushed in the past 10 minutes. First I found this article (it's kinda hard to read) that says she's signed on for season 3: http://lucy-griffiths.com/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=3633&fullsize=1 I don't know how real it is but yeah so my hopes were up, then I read on. I think I can safely say that no matter what happens in season 3, without Marian it just won't be the same. I'll still watch it because 1)it is Robin Hood after all and 2)I want to see how bad it might turn out without Marian. RIP Marian

kier1992

[67]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 6

They shouldnt have killed Marian off because they killed her last season but brung her back if they bring her back again that would be lame. They should have killed like Allen off that would have been better.
    I surpose Robin will be banished from Nottigham maybe but he will still come back trying to save the day cause i doubt hell be coming Sheriff of Nottigham.

I was reading alot of peoples theorys and i have to thank thoose people cause its quit intresting.

I just wrote a blog for Season 2 and i just thought id point out that they really should use a bit of Blood and let the Bad guys suceed in something big like in Season 2 they where going to burn down Nottigham they should have atleast started on some houses.

I also noticed they really got into the story at the last episode it was like it went from one point to another and i honestly thought they was going to like dragg the King for his return in Season 3 but they decided to do it quit a wierd and maybe a stupid mistake.

I defently think Marian should stay written off and maybe Robin will meet someone knew and will see Guy finally dying i also would like to see in the season "finale" or whenever an episode that would like explain how it all ends (like where people go etc etc..)

They way id like it end is

Lil John will go to france with the Queen
    Will and Djaq will get married
    Allen will die

then with Robin

if Marian comes back Robin and Marian will also get married and Guy will be killed by Robin

If Marian doesnt come back Robin could still kill Guy or even better would be Much being killed off by Guy

Or even more better if Marian doesnt come back then killing Robin off and Much killing Guy/Sheriff or whoever kills Robin

id prefer Robin to die though otherwise he will be getting married to Marian if she comes back and then id say Sheriff i doubt would die he would probley be hold in a cell cause it will be something like the king saying its more suffering than to die.

Maibe_Josie

[68]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 14

As much as I couldn't stand Robin Hood without Marian. I don't want them to pull a soap opera twist and bring her back from the dead, or make season 2 some sort of twisted dream sequence reminscinent of the situation with Dallas, when they got rid of a fanfav character and continued to screw up only to bring him back and make everything a dream. They even joked about that same situation on Family Guy. Not really hoping for that, it's trite and uncreative.

However if Marian returns, I hope it's as a manifestation of guilt for Guy and he's the only one who can see her. He deserves to suffer knowing he can never really have and hold her ever again and it's all his own fault. I think something of that nature would be totally acceptable and worth having Lucy back. It could also lead to a nice show down where Robin notices Guy's lack of mental stability because of his "relationship" with "Marian" and they argue about how it isn't fair that Guy can see "Marian" while Robin has to live without her, even if it is a guilt manifestation.

I want to see Allen redeem himself, badly. I don't know how but the end of season 2 was not enough to make up for his treachery and messes he made. You could tell he wasnt a bad guy he was just a guy trying to survive in a terrible situation. A situation he only made worse for himself by betraying his "family" and working for the enemy.

Djac and Will I'm hoping will return, and I'm sure it'll be because they heard word of something that'll be going down in Nottingham and they've come to warn and help Robin and the gang. It seems almost like losing Djac and Will from the gang is like losing Marian. They've both been important pieces of the puzzle and it seems like a shame to lose them too, I know it probably won't be a permanent loss, I can only just wonder how they'll exercise the return. With all that time spent in the Holy Land I'm sure Will will return with more knowledge and skill that will help the gang just as much as Djac has.

And thinking about how close he has been with his brother, I find it odd that Will would just leave his brother so suddenly without a word or explaination other than to be with with Djac. Because it was never apparent to Luke that Will and Djac were really anything more than friends. So that leaves me wondering if Luke will be joining with Robin and the Merry Men as well. Seeing as they are now officially 3 men...well 1 man and 2 women short.

I really wish I didn't have to suffer through more adverts for Robin Hood on BBCAM because it just makes me want season 3 more and more, and I hate that I've already cheated myself and seen season 2 in it's entirety.

Edited on 04/29/2008 7:53am

lifesapeach

[69]May 19, 2008
    • level: 2
    god i totally agree. it was like peeking at all the christmas presents a month early. i still watch them as they broadcast here in america to show my support, but after seeing that last episode and how horribly awful it was, it's actually really hard to watch the earlier episodes.

ah, to have that time back where season two was filled with promise...until those last two episodes! i know we all discussed this like in the beginning of january, but i am still at a complete loss to explain what happened to the show in the last two episodes. seriously i feel like it was all a nightmare. that was the strangest and most inconsistent writing i have ever witnessed. so somebody set me straight because i'm still curious: marian returning next season? or no?

annehart00

[70]May 24, 2008
    • level: 1
    http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/the_news/celebrity/robin_hood's_lucy_griffiths_on_playing_maid_marian_200805091134.html

annehart00

[71]May 24, 2008
    Lucy have this Q&A. it looks recent.
    http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/the_news/celebrity/robin_hood's_lucy_griffiths_on_playing_maid_marian_200805091134.html

She neither confirms or denies a return to season three. Nut if she isn't returning why not say so.

Cherish4

[72]May 25, 2008
    • level: 13
    annehart00 wrote:
    Lucy have this Q&A. it looks recent. http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/the_news/celebrity/robin_hood's_lucy_griffiths_on_playing_maid_marian_200805091134.html She neither confirms or denies a return to season three. Nut if she isn't returning why not say so.
    Well her refusal to confirm or deny her return in Season 3 could just be born out of the fact that she doesn't want to give the Season 2 ending away to the American fans. Or she might be returning. Who knows, but I doubt it.
    Edited on 05/25/2008 5:51am

headphonez05

[73]May 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    kier1992 wrote:

They should have killed like Allen off that would have been better. Allen will die

awww!
    no way
    leave Allan out of this
    Allan should not die!

adventjay

[75]Jun 6, 2008

go sign the petitions that are out online to bring marian back... they really do work... On prison break so many people were angered by the death of the female lead Sarah Tencredi, and so many people signed the petition that they are bringing her back in the following season..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/8/bring-back-marian

Edited on 06/06/2008 7:22am
    Edited 4 total times.

Anime_Lover_Jaz

[76]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    As sad as i am about Marian dieing i just dont think that they will bring her back. They already did the whole bringing her back to life in series 1. I really did love thw whole Robin and Marien relationship though and do wish that she hadnt died but the facts point that she did.

jarquin

[77]Jun 23, 2008
    well my guess would be Merlin. king Auther and robin hood are in the same story frame wouldn't that be a kick. introducing Merlin.

jarquin

[78]Jun 23, 2008
    Think about it ROBIN HOOD IS NOT ROBIN HOOD WITH OUT MAID MARION the whole story line would be corrupt. every hero has its woman and marion is robin's. they replace her with another actress which would bite but...from the beginning of this legend robin loves marion. black and white.

CoffeeCake225

[79]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 15
    DaftWeeHun wrote:

The BBC are amazing!!!!

I know that isnt what you guy want to here right now, i know i feel you pain honest to god it has taking me three days to even write this message because this is how long i have been contiplating the whole MARIAN DIEDthing in my mind. I completely agree that i fact i think the whole thing was staged much to sadly Robin anger when marian does finally get back to england. Ok it was staged to save marian out of danger with the sheiff and Robin had to be kept into the dark because he would bring more danger than necessary, remember we didnt really see the whole chat with Guy and Marian when she was locked up in the room ( wholekill the sheriff talk)

Also to take the weight of are shoulders Lucy Griffiths signed up for season 3 so that isnt really are main concern, its the fact how are we going to raise her from the dead because she has to come back ,same with Will and Drjac i mean how else would we get the gang back to sherwood if it wasnt for the fact Marian isnt really dead.

The facts

season 3 is happening

Lucy Griffiths will be in it They cant make her a ghost. This is Robin Hood not DOCTOR WHO!!!!!!!!!

So even though i have babbled a bit a least we can see that she has to be coming back because well i sort of like whats mickey without minnie. THEIR IS NO ROBIN HOOD WITH OUT MARIAN

Also it a family show , and you dont go killing of the leads in the start of the play

thats true we didnt see guy and marian talk, maybe he said i have a better idea...i can't kill the sheriff its too dangerous ill make him believe i killed u instead, then after the sheriff is an outlaw and cannot hurt us we cab get married! This was all before marian knew robin was still alive so she was like fine. Then when she found out he was still alive she decided to change the plan around a little, get married to robin as fast as possible cuz like robin said in series 1 when marian was getting married there is no going back!!!

maybe its just wishful thinking cuz my fingers are crossed her death was staged and shes still alive....after all alias did it, so can robin hood.

lifesapeach

[80]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    introducing merlin! HA HA! no they should just bag being even slightly accurate to the original story and just incorporate, like...gandalf for some inspirational speech that heals everyone and gives everyone hope and also just for good measure and maybe like the punisher to get back at guy and the sheriff. you think we could make a petition for that? by the way: i'm kidding. don't take me seriously and get mad at me or anything.