TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Season 3 Spoilers and Speculation.

RobinHoodTragic

[81]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    As much as i don't want marian to be dead what would they do with her if they do bring her back. you can't have her as a spirit because the show would go from borderline realistic to out of proportion unrealistic. They already brought her back from the dead once. They have already done the spy in the castle thing. They have already done the Robin/Marian romance. Both the Sherrif and Guy have seen that she is a traitor (to them). If she was to come back there wouldn't be anything new to come back to.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

junderwood1208

[82]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 1

One thing that I think is kind of weird is the fact that King Richard has an arrow protruding out of his back and he is writhing on the ground one minute and then they do the whole slow motion thing, u know Djaq runs over to him, and the next moment he is up and handing Robin Marain's ring. Also Marian is too smart I mean come on she knows Guy has a bad temper. He's holding a sword and she picks right then to tell him she never wants to be with him and that she loves Robin. He was mad enough that she was the **** And then to tell him she doen't love him? Weird! I go along with the Djaq dreaming thing. The scene where they're telling the secrets when will says " I love you for your funny voice " It seems like something in a dream.

junderwood1208

[83]Jul 9, 2008
    junderwood1208 wrote:

One thing that I think is kind of weird is the fact that King Richard has an arrow protruding out of his back and he is writhing on the ground one minute and then they do the whole slow motion thing, u know Djaq runs over to him, and the next moment he is up and handing Robin Marain's ring. Also Marian is too smart I mean come on she knows Guy has a bad temper. He's holding a sword and she picks right then to tell him she never wants to be with him and that she loves Robin. He was mad enough that she was the night watchman And then to tell him she doen't love him? Weird! I go along with the Djaq dreaming thing. The scene where they're telling the secrets when will says " I love you for your funny voice " It seems like something in a dream.

skyangel504

[84]Jul 10, 2008
    First i would like to say hello beacause i'm new. And sorry if i don't write well because i'm French and i still learning.

Did any of you tought that maby everything that happend after the gang was left in the desert could have been nothing but an hallucination? And they could still be there at the beginning of series 3... Because i must admit that the rescue, the sudden trust of the king,the attitude of Marian with Guy and Djaq and Will deciding to not came back home seemed very odd to me...

junderwood1208

[85]Jul 10, 2008
    That is a good theory. Sometimes I have my doubts about the fact that Marian is even alive because of the trailer for season 3. It is also funny that the sheriff would leave a weakened Robin, and the weakened king. I really really hope Marian is still alive somehow!!!

Anaithnid

[86]Jul 17, 2008
    • level: 10
    adventjay wrote:

go sign the petitions that are out online to bring marian back... they really do work... On prison break so many people were angered by the death of the female lead Sarah Tencredi, and so many people signed the petition that they are bringing her back in the following season..

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/8/bring-back-marian

The BBC and Fox are nothing alike. The petition will make no difference and it shouldn't. TV is stupid if characters are killed off only to be brought back because of a silly petition.

Words4theSoul

[87]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 3
    I like your idea!!

KnightonGirl

[88]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 3

junderwood1208 wrote:
    That is a good theory. Sometimes I have my doubts about the fact that Marian is even alive because of the trailer for season 3. It is also funny that the sheriff would leave a weakened Robin, and the weakened king. I really really hope Marian is still alive somehow!!!

The "trailer for season 3?" What do you mean? If you have found a trailer for S3 then PLEASE, SHARE!!

BavonessaDufour

[89]Jul 21, 2008
    http://fantastic-search.blogspot.com/2008/04/robin-hood-bbc-preview.html

beppo24

[90]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 10
    Hi,

BavonessaDufour wrote:
    http://fantastic-search.blogspot.com/2008/04/robin-hood-bbc-preview.html

That's no official trailer, it's something a fan put together using old scenes, also see the description at the original YouTube URLs! ;-)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YZMtEssJ5VY
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2N_h2AVGg

Also, I hope it's 2008 as stated on the BBC site, not 2009! :-D

starg8_one

[92]Aug 2, 2008

I like the idea of hallucination brought on by the heat of the desert although Djaq having a strange dream while they are all trapped by mercenaries makes sense too.

The dream theory has been done to death though. Unfortunately I can offer no other scenarios at this time. Just disappointment. Although I thought Guy and Marian did play the scene very well.

NewAmstBSGFan

[93]Aug 3, 2008

Does anyone remember the way Henry Jones saved his father in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" with the last supper cup? Couldn't a crusader rescue Marion the same way?

westcoaster892

[94]Aug 5, 2008

Ok ok. So I probably have no life. But I thought I would give my thoughts on the whole 'Marian dying' thing.

I know there are a zillion theories out there about how they will bring her back and why she isn't really dead. I don't really have anything knew to say on this, but I do believe that Marian will come back - and not just because she's supposedly signed a contract or something. So, prepare yourself for something completely random!

Have any of you looked at the Season 2 opening credits? (And no, I don't make a habit of this.) When Lucy Griffiths' name comes up, there is a video clip of an eye opening. Now don't quote me on this, but I don't remember that clip ever being in Season 2 and so my theory is that that clip was foreshadowing the eventual 'coming back to life' of Marian. I don't know how, I just believe she will come back. And maybe this is coming from two years of writing Lit essays, but I dunno - that could be one possibility.

In any case, I don't know how they can have Season 3 without her, so I certainly hope I am right.

BavonessaDufour

[95]Aug 6, 2008

Here is an interesting article I have found at robinhood2006.com: http://robinhood2006.com/main/modules/content/index.php?id=82

I can't belive it! there's no Robin Hood without Marion

cafebum

[96]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    If you haven't been to the BBC Robin Hood website yet today you have to check out the latest update....things just went from bad to worse!!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/about/news.shtml

aimeecat

[97]Aug 10, 2008

cafebum wrote:
    If you haven't been to the BBC Robin Hood website yet today you have to check out the latest update....things just went from bad to worse!!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/about/news.shtml
    Hi all - I am yet another long term reader, first time poster

Just read this article - it mentions the sheriff's 'failure to kill Prince John'... Surely it should read 'failure to kill King Richard'?? Am I really confused (quite likely ), or is this a really odd mistake for the BBC to make?

Blackberry_Drew

[98]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 6

hey guys!

I'm just curious about something..are you sure Lucy Griffiths will be on the next season?

cause there's nothing written about it on the official BBC website.. They only say: "Jonas Armstrong who plays Robin Hood is to bow out of series three in an explosive finale." And also: " Series 3 returns in 2009 and Robin is older and tougher, hell bent on revenge following the tragic murder of Marian by Gisborne and the Sheriff's failure to kill Prince John. The Sheriff is more precarious and unpredictable than ever. There's also the much anticipated arrival of Friar Tuck who joins the gang."

so..the only thing I know for sure is that Jonas is leaving the show..

but seriously..the show is gonna suck without Marion..

headphonez05

[100]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 11

I can't believe Jonas Armstrong is leaving.

This show is done for.