Robin Hood Forums

BBC (ended 2009)

Series over?

brettussd

[1]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 3

According to the official Robin Hood BBC site, "The series has now finished". I know that the terms "series" and "season" can be interchangeable, but this sounds like the end of the show to me.

What does everyone else think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ColdHearts

[2]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 9
    IDK I heard that the show was going to carry on without Jonas Armstrong so I think there might be a 4th season. I'm not sure though because I read that a long time ago and things can change.

taylor1308

[3]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    Unfortunately, it is the end of the show. The BBC has said that it won't be returning for a fourth season. Series and season can mean the same thing but in this case it means the whole show.

der__Kapitan

[4]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 1

Sounds about it, lets face it when you kill off the main character wheres is the show going to go, nowhere!

Killing off Marion was also really stupid. Who do they have running the BBC? I wonder, they seem to have

made many very bad choices. Well that's my opinion.

gryffyn76

[5]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 19
    Series 3 has just started airing in the US, and 'BBC America' is advertising it as "The Final Season", if that is any indication.

DreamCruise

[6]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    Stupid me, I just started watching this show (where have I been?) and like it a lot. At least I'll see the last season in real time

mginbey21

[7]Sep 18, 2009
    • level: 7

Come on with no Robin, no Sheriff and Nottigham castle blown to kingdom come there is no way they could do another series

Fair enough you can say it's the spirit of Robin Hood that would live on but really it's like having Gladiator without Russell Crowe

which leads me onto the next point if you want your Robin Hood fix you'll just have to wait for Russell Crowe as Robin and Ridley Scott Directing

VConn

[8]Sep 19, 2009
    • level: 17
    When Jonas Armstrong first announced he was leaving they(he and BBC) said there'd be a 4th Robin Hood series but as I've said before this isn't Dopctor Who you just can't chop and change the main character whenever you feel like it I knew a 4th season without him was impossible I'm yet to see the cend of it but hopeflly iot is a reasonably good one.

Phantomrox

[9]Oct 2, 2009
    • level: 10
    I agree, you can't really kill off the Robin in "RobinHood" else you'll only have teh Hood. I seriously don't think it would carry on properly if it were to continue, and with that send off I wouldn't have it any other way. I loved the show though

OfCorrs

[10]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm really sad the show's over, I like it a lot! But as you said, it's not Doctor Who. Although Robin Hood made everyone in the gang say "We are Robin Hood" the gang couldn't really replace the main character.