Robin Hood

Let the Games Commence

Aired Saturday 7:30 PM Apr 25, 2009 on BBC

• Silliness and seriousness. Good mix.

This episode was pretty mediocre, presonally, compared to the others. I'm not a big fan of Isabella already. Not because she's already established herself as Robin's eyecandy, but because she's so fickle and whiny. But thats my personal jusgement of her. I could be biased because I like Kate the best.
    Other than Isabella, this episode was pretty good. It was interesting watching Robin and the crew meander there way out of Guys clutches and herding again and again, which was a smart tactic for Guy. The lion was a bit overrated, and almost cheesy, and Isabella whipping that powder out of her cloak was really silly. Johns story was nice though, its tight to see him establishing himself out from under Robin's wing, much like he was in the very beginning of the first season. I like the chemistry between Kate and Allan from the previous episode, and while I like Much's character a lot, I want to see more of them together.
    It was nice to see Guy again, and I'm glad he's not all whiny and pathetic anymore, just really cold and brash. This will be interesting to see how he thaws out.
  • He's baaaaaack!

Yes Guy if Gisbourne is back, and he's not in a coffin! He came with men, weapons and [spoilers!] a great big lion. Why a lion? Oh because why not kill Robin Hood with that which represents the Crown Prince. So Guy came to kill Robin under the Prince's command. He wants money from the Sheriff, so when the Sheriff has nothing to give he sends his only (semi)loyal servant instead.

The Prince doesnt care for this, and gives Gisbourne heaps of money and resources (and a LION) to kill Robin Hood and basically do the Sheriff's job for him. The Sheriff is smarter than that, though and knows that Gisbourne will never pull it off and come back begging for forgiveness - which is exactly what happens. This was still a great episode of Hood, and you can't have it without Guy! The dynamics between Robin and whaddya know, Guy's SISTER will be great to see in coming episodes. P.S. Who'da thunk it that Guy would have family with all that brooding and lonely boy glares going on?
INSP