Robin Hood

Total Eclipse

Aired Saturday 7:30 PM Mar 28, 2009 on BBC

• We see Robin trying to deal with the pain and grief he feels for Marian's death. On top of this he has to work out whether he wants to be Robin Hood.

What a great episode. You can't help but feel the pain that Robin (Jonas Armstrong) is feeling over the death of Marian. I was one of those people who couldn't help but hold out hope that she was still alive, and to some degree I still do, but at least it was handled well here. Plus his coming to terms with being Robin Hood. He is a hero to the people and if they are to have faith that they are going to get through this tough time they need him and need him at his best. Hence the burying of Marian's ring (which was red but is now purple!), the love and pain he feels buried but not forgotten.

We also saw the grief that Guy of Gisborne (Richard Armitage) is experiencing over Marian. He truly believes, at least on some level, that Robin is to blame for Marian's death.

Brother Tuck (David Harewood). What an addition to the show. I really enjoyed his character and look forward to seeing him in future episodes.

Although all the usual characters were in the episode it did center on these three characters who did a wonderful job. I even forgot we were missing Will and Daj.

*****Spoiler-ish*********

As we have heard this is the last season for Jonas Armstrong/Robin Hood. I have to say that at the moment I feel it would be best for the show to end with him. As much as I love all the characters we truly saw in this episode how much HE is Robin Hood. So to that end I hope they wrap this series in to one great series finale that makes everyone happy- or have us bawling our eyes out!