Robotboy

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

JusticeLeaguer

Robotboy Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

6.7
  • In the words of the Comic Book Guy: Worst Show Ever!

1.5
    This stupid show is almost as bad as that lame-a** excuse for a cartoon Squirrel Boy!!! This show is flawed in MANY ways:
    1. It is a ripoff of My Life As a Teenage Robot (the robot even looks similar!!!)

2. Exagerrated Stereotypes (Kazi)

3. Lame show altogether

Now it may not be able to compete with Cousin Oliver, Scrappy Doo, & Godzooki, this show is almost as bad as all 3 combined! There is good news though; I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico! Anyways, this show is putrid & I hate it!!! That's the news & I'm outta here! FIN
  • oh, dear lord. this is an awful show

1.1
    so , we have a cute little robot who wants to be a real boy with the help of a real boy named tommy and his fat best friend gus or " the G man " . but an evil japanese scientist wants to kidnap robotboy and brainwash him and help him take over the world . how unoriginal . the animation sucks , the voices are dull and the plots of the episodes are boring . the fat dude gus makes me puke because of him cartman imitation and voice . overall , if you're smart , you wouldn't like this show very much .
  • This show is so stupid!

1.3
    OK, Robotboy is one of the reasons why TV today is crap it's all about this guy called Tommy Turnbull who's a fan of this professor named Professor Moshimo and is sent a thick robot called Robotboy who he needs to look after and stuff i personally think this show is very stupid and i think Robotboy is the most idiotic and stupid robot in a cartoon i agree with my great friend benb15 it does rip off Sonic X in the sense that it's an action cartoon the part where Robotboy transforms is rather annoying and Gus is so immature he's sometimes naked too which means he's a pervert the only character i like in this damn show is Lola because she's the only character with common sense the rest are downright annoying though it's not the worst show ever it's one of them but it's not the worst i'd rather watch this than some shows(The Naked Brothers Band, My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Bob the Builder) the show lately hasn't aired any new episodes so i think it's either cancelled or on hiatus either way i still hate this show.
  • Don't we already have a good show like this called Sonic X?

This show isn't great in the least.It's basically another copycat cartoon.I mean look at Tommy and then watch Foster's home for Imaginary Friends and compare Tommy with Mac.The robot's retarded and can't speak proper english.The fat kid's werid and sounds like Cartman from South Park.I can't belive CTN is buying this crud!I mean OMG,this show is spelt G-A-Y!Why do people like this so much anyway?If I owned CTN,I'd get rid of this,Squirell Boy,My Gym Partner's A Monkey,Ben 10(Which I hate to say because Ben's my real name)I don't even think CTN even realizes that they're replacing EEnE,TT,FHFIF,or any other good show they air for these junky cartoons that only make the viewers dumber.
  • Three words: WORST SHOW EVER!!!!!

3.2
    What a terrible show, man! The creator of this show copied Mac off of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends because Mac and Tommy have the same shaped head! Who in the right mind who want to buy into this cartoon junk? Do not watch this show. Because the first few seconds of this show you watch swallows your mind whole.
  • Cute Robo!

Robotboy is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy. Upon hearing of Robotboy’s ability to spontaneously change into a fighting machine with the capability to wipe out entire armies, the evil genius Dr. Kamikazi, sets out to find Robotboy with hope of using him to enslave the world. Robotboy is sent to into hiding with a Tommy, who with the help of his friends Gus and Lola, teach Robotboy how to become a real boy as they keep him away from Dr. Kamikazi’s evil clutches. Watch him action.
  • Terrible, Just TERRIBLE

This is the most retarded show I have ever watched. The creator pretty much copied Mac on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Tommy has the same shaped head). This show has a robot that Transforms, which has pretty much happened in any robot shows. The show is pretty much Dexter's Laboratory and Transformers combined together. I absolutely HATE the transforming scene. When the robot talks, he sounds very retarded and slow-witted. He talks like he first learned the language. This show just copies other shows. Why would Cartoon Network buy this junk? It's extremely dumb. I HATE this show.
  • not really interested.

1.5
    I’ll be blunt and try really hard this time, unlike other reviews, not to use a 1000 words here- ROBOTBOY SUCKS!! Simply put, Robotboy is just out to replace good shows that deserve to stay on the air on CN.

To see shows like Johnny Bravo, Foster’s, Billy and Mandy, ED, Edd and Eddy, Kid’s Next Door, and anything else that’s worth watching to me and those agreeing with me get cancelled for this should be doing something about it- something involving vandalism and violence directed at the source of CN!

AS it is, Robotboy is not only a rip-off of 2 good shows (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better!!) that do this “robots coexisting with humans” thing, it really sucks at doing this “robots coexisting with humans” thing- and that is no surprise to those with developed minds involved in watching shows about this concept.

Let me just point why it sucks-
    1.) Why does Robotboy look like a Power Puff Girl? Why can’t he speak decent English in either his normal or fighting form (which he cannot speak at all!)? Whoever created Robotboy- you suck at making robots, yo!!!

2.) Why are the story and plots, as well as action sequences, seeming and feeling so unoriginal? To answer that, it’s because the villains of this show are stupid and uncreative to boot, as they are no challenge for three kids and a girly robot.

3.) Why couldn’t this show have been like All grown Up or 6Teen in concept- especially seeing as these villains and the plots placed in front of these characters are all weak and stupid and don’t benefit nor improve anyone in need of it here? Hell, this show is so cute-looking and shallow in format, it would’ve benefit from being like All grown Up or 6Teen in concept!

4.) Even the main humans are unoriginal- Tommy’s just Average and has a brother that hates him; the girl’s just an annoying know it all who acts like she obviously does not need friends, and Gus- he is just stupid and annoying and likes to hang around people who do not agree with this fact…

Overall, even with animation from a girly show, which I liked (The Power Puff Girls) that’s great to boot, Robotboy isn’t worth watching, is unoriginal, is uncreative, ins unserious and unhilarious to boot.

What do I call this when I’ve seen better shows under the “robots coexisting with humans” thing (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better, for example.)?

Oh yeah- 2 out of 10. It only gets a 2 for its animation; otherwise this show so much less deserves that!!

F91

And thank God I did not type a 1000 words here!!!!
  • this is kinda cool show

well robot boy is sortta cool but twt is cooler
    lets see, tommy is a boy who owns robotboy and his friends lola and gus help watch him. some times kamakazi trys to steal robot boy. so i like the episode when tommy gave lola the ring and when bambi was replaced by kamakazi using him to get robotvoy.
  • A boy that is a robot who in there right mind cares?Tommy goes different places and has different adventures but in every one so far the robotboy always saves his butt.

1.4
    Some one please stop putting this show on tv it just wastes time. No one cares about that stupid boy that always gets in trouble and a robot boy saves him!You could say cows on a farm ate pizzia and got a stomachache and had to go to the other side of the world to find the cure and make a good sieries out of that.Kids would deffinitly like that alot more than a stupid boy getting in trouble and then a robot saves him. It make no sence how can he get in so much trouble. Before you lose alot of money take my word close down your show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Robotboy is my favourite TV show, and I would watch it over anything else.

Robotboy is a blue and white battle robot with three distinct modes. Deactivated, activated, and superactived. In his deactivated mode he becomes so small he can fit in a backpack, in active mode he is about the same size as a child, and in superactive mode he becomes about 4 times as big as a normal child.
    He was created by Prof. Moshimo, a balding genius, but when word got out, a little known \'genius\', Dr. Kamikazi, tryed to steal him. Moshimo gave Robotboy to Tommy, in a hope to protect him.
    Tommy and Robotboy quickly became best friends, and continue to thwart Kamikazi\'s attempts to capture him to this very day...
  • wait...

2.7
    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I saw some episodes of it and I gotta say, it is a rip-off of one of thies shows

Southpark:That kid that calls himself "THe G MAN"
    My Life As A Teen Robot:ummmm......unknown

thats all....WAiT....A japanes like villan EVIL GENUISE

this series also has some japanes in it.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

So thats why I'm going to give it 2 Of 5
  • Seems kind of like a male version of "My Life as a Teenage Robot".

5.6
    It's not really a bad show or anything, it just seems a bit unoriginal. It's actually quite similar to "My Life as a Teenage Robot", except with a male character this time instead of a girl. The character even sorta looks like Jenny (or XJ9) from MLAATR. Plus, he wants to be a real boy, same with Jenny (except she wants to be a girl). But other then that the show doesn't seem to bad, maybe not something I'd watch everyday, but really good for some people. I'd have to say if you like MLAATR or Astro Boy, you'd probably might like this too.
  • "Robot Boy" isn't as bad as some others here make it, but it's not exactly must-see, either.

5.3
    Given the source it's referencing and that several CN staffers from Burbank work on this show (Charlie Bean, a director for "Samurai Jack" and "The Powerpuff Girls"), "Robot Boy" should be a top-notch show. Instead, it settles for watchably unimportant. The episodes are all cookie-cutter fare (Kamikaze schemes to obtain Robot Boy, who cleans house with the monsters, yada yada), and to ensure kid-friendly karma, it falls back way too often on gross-outs, poop jokes and flatulence references, especially with Gus. It's got the pacing of a show like "Powerpuff Girls," it just doesn't have the panache, character study, or desire to think outside the box. A recent belated Christmas episode shows Santa going Rambo on Kamikaze and it ends with Gus getting a gift-wrapped box of Santa's passed gas. The target 2-to-11 audience must be rolling on the floor.

"Robot Boy" would be completely unwatchable without such likeable stars as Robot Boy himself, Tommy and Lola. As it is, it's watchable if a mite mean-spirited; just don't try to think too hard or looking for any hidden messages outside the concepts of humanity Robot Boy is trying to fathom. At least robots can't break wind.
  • ...and yet another unoriginal show made for money-making purposes

I really don't get why the creators are giving us such rubbish shows! I've seen this, and I was not impressed at all. The main character, Tommy is just annoying, and his best friend is even more annoying! Robotboy is just a rip-off from Jenny from the TV series "My Life as a Teenage Robot". No, I don't like that show either, but this show is just so similar to it, it's unbelieveable!

The animation style? Yawn! The style has been used many times before. Where's the creativity? What I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of these superhero shows that try to be cool! Trust me, this just isn't.

If you want to see a proper good superhero show, watch Teen Titans. That show is very good! This, however isn't worthy of my time!
  • What a dump.

Robotboy is so stupid. The voices are annoying, the humer is not funny, Gus is a really cheap rip-off of Cartman (who is hilarious) and it just plain sucks. This plotline has been used a million times so why use it again with no new matterial? Avoid at all costs ( this is better than Juniper Lee though. l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
  • Another of CN's bests.

Robotboy, Ben 10, & My Gym Partner's A Monkey are the ONLY new shows on CN worth wathcing, in my opinion. Robotboy is a cool show. Robotboy is about a robot who wants to become a real boy. But, he must also fight off the evil Kamakazi (i think thats how its spelled and it is also based off of the real Kamikaze which is a Japanese suicide pilot in World War II) because he wants to rule the world. CN, keep it up.
  • Just like my classification agrees with me, this is nothing but a rip-off of a good idea, and an even better idea than that one… (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better!!)

Let me just point why it sucks-

F91

And thank God I did not type a 1000 words here!!!
  • I like this show....

....for all you people that are saying that it follows the usual story line about the kids keeping secrets from their parents, and the villians are crazy and have armies of whatever, you are forgetting about where Robotboy comes from...It's in the opening!! There's this guy that creates this thing and sends him away so he can be a real boy...a real robot boy....I don't remember THAT part of the story being ripped off,

They need to show Robotboy more... And it is a little boring, but It seems that it is more liked than I thought it would be. And that guy does look like Mac, from Foster's Home For Immaginary Friends, except that his hair is longer. That kid, and the rest of this cartoon reminds me of Tom & Jerry when Chuck Jones produced it. I like that.

I hope they keep this show for a while.
  • w0w i watched this one morning when nothing else was on and... very disappointed.

2.7
    So i was sitting on my bed about to watch some television when i could not find anything on Comedy Central, Disney, nothing. So i decided to try cartoon network. I first turned to the show and saw a little amine robot with blue features. I sort of turned my head and suddenly a kid with a huge freakin head, similar to the artistic styles of Foster\\\'s Home for Imaginary friends(since its the same artist). Then they started conversing and the robot sounded like a little asian weird thing and the kid sounded like mac from Fosters. I became really confused REALLY fast. Suddenly \\\"robot boy\\\" turned into a huge frickin destruction machine... and like wanted to kill this kid?! and it was the brother of the blonde hair kid( the owner) wtf that show is messed up. Then The kid got thrown into a wood chipper and omfg it was so weird. I just don\\\'t understand the show, the plot line, or anything. I give it a 2.7
  • Its not bad.

Pkay. so maybe its a little like my life as a teenage robot but this show is better. WAYY BETTER! It's actually pretty good for a copy of mlaatr. My Life as a Teenage Robot was absolutely horrible so i think we can all agree that this is better. I say you should watch. It is actually pretty funny plus robotboy is so cute-for a robot that is.
  • Nothing interesting here.

OK, I watched it this and it isn't very exciting. We have some robot which is friend with some kid called Tommy and his comedic sidekick Gus, and thay, of course, keep their secret from their parents. Tommy is a normal boy(although he is much more smart and responsible for his age), and Gus is just an ultra-stupid version of Cartman(they even has a similiar voice). Of course, Gus isn't even close to Cartman, and jokes are usually about his obsesion with eating, even some very gross things. Humour is very plain. They sometimes fight with some "comedic" villian and his sidekick and his army of frogs or whatever. The villian, of course, wants to steal that robot, and action part is very lame. Voice acting and animation are averge, nothing special.
  • Action is included but not what entertains me.

4.5
    The truth, I began seeing it and never found much interest in it. I just don't like the "action" in it. I have seen other shows that have better action than this one, since it's pretty much repeatative. They shot, they miss. Pretty lame. In summary, this show might need some help improving.
  • Despite its too oftenly used plot, Robotboy is probably one of the best cartoons with a robot in it since XJ9.

Robotboy, the show about a cookie with its own mind that wants to be a hu-

(slap) Ok, too sarcastic. ^^; Robotboy is, of course, about a buttkicking yet freakin' adorable robot who dreams of one day becoming a real boy. Sort of like your futuristic Pinnochio, but the movie 'Pinnochio 3000' already has that covered. Literally.

So the plot is prepetitive for EVERY episode- the show really isn't great for that reason, but what actually happens is important. It's funny, cute, sad, gripping...the variety of genres each episode goes in to should make any person who doesn't like the show like at least one episode.

The animation is average at the most, but some of the backgrounds are truly amazing. You can't say much about it, but the next thing I'll move onto takes a lot more.

The characters are all incredibly well written into the plot. The basic design and personality of each person would make you want to try and start a story with the same equivalent of quality, only to make it so far. Tommy for starters is just an everyday school kid who absolutely LOVES robots (go figure.), and is the lucky devil who gets to keep Robotboy so to teach him about human life. Gus is probably the best character out of the rest- he's just that cocky sarcastic blob that ever show has or needs. Lola seems to just be the random tough girl that has a crush on one of the characters, in this case Tommy. And Robotboy- well! Robotboy is just too cute beyond endurance. (this is a girl writing this, remember) He's always curious about everything and always wants to join the party, but mostly just beating the crap out of Gus for different reasons. That and the fact he can be incredibly funny with his lack of common knowledge.

And who could forget the bad guys? Kamikazi is probably the oldest you'll find (besides that old dude in that episode of the PPG) and probably the most stupid. As I've said before on the Code Lyoko boards, he has the IQ of a friggin' pickle. Well, not really, but you get the point. Constantine is my favourite chracter by far. He's that bouncy sidekick who has to take care of his boss, and of course to have the sense to be civilized with Tommy and friends every now and then when the going gets tough.

All that combined with the secondary characters and villians and you get one heck of a package that packs a punch, and Robotboy is the animation we all have come to know.
  • Needs work, and lots of work.

It's too predictable. The humor has been used on about 20 other shows, and it just lacks in many ways. The animation and colors are okay, and soemtimes computer animatio is used, but usually does not match anythign around it. The characters are so so, and the family of the main charcter has been used on problably every sitcom since 1980. Just tweak the show.
  • Very emotional TV show. Theres also so many funny, sad or happy sences to it. People who are new to this, WATCH IT! :D

Cartoon network has made a master piece of a cartoon this year. Some scenes are funny, sad, and happy! Your feeling changes when Robotboy starts! Awsome graphics, well designed characters, and most of all cool. I hope this cartoon never gets took down. Also Tara Strong is a great actor! The colours change nearly every second like lights on a camera display. They made some characters ugly, fat, wierd, cute(only 2), and just plain cheerful. This really IS a kid's favourite. So much laughter and giggling when watching, and my brother even cried when something happened to Robotboy! 100/10 for sure.
  • But this show really kicks MLAATR's butt!

This show was first introduced in the UK until it soon came to America and seen every episode of this show and yet it's okay and it features many stuff from any other superhero show and what if you compare this to My Life As A Teenage Robot?

My Life As A Teenage Robot
    -------------------------------------------------
    Basically the only weakness to this show is that it features teenage stuff and characters are yetly unnatrual to the show and maybe it's a good thing that this show is on Hitaus becaus-

And overall Robotboy really kicks butt for sure and for the second time...

It's okay
  • The future looks good for this show.

Yeah, so I've only seen a few episodes of this show. That still doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great show. The characters are all original, and hold some tinges of other characters. Tommy, for example, looks a lot like Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Ro' looks like a mix of Bubbles (PPG) and XJ9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot.) Gus (a.k.a. the "G-Man") looks, and sounds, a lot like everyone's favorite fatboy, Cartman. The villans are pretty good, but they could use some tweaking. The main characters (Tommy, Gus, Lola and Ro') need no tweaking; whoever made this show hit it right on the bullseye.

You may think this a blip on the radar, but this'll go from "under the radar" to "fan favorite" in no time!

9.5 outta 10

Double Trouble Tom
  • Not really the best show about robots, but it could be worse.

"Robotboy is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy"

The show's alright, though it could use some work.

g reg rjng goeijg rijg jr iojgfrg iojr f fio jf iojr fio jrf ioj-- i'm writing to fill up 50 words-- jfioj rwfio jro f/re wgthk oreg erg ew o.
  • This is another Rip-Off.

2.5
    Bad storylines, bad characters, boring etc..."Robotboy" is definitely a rip-off (*hem*hem* "My Life as a Teenage Robot", no matter how 'riped-off' it may be, is better than this). Also, "Robtoboy" is not funny, and the plot is not interesting at all. The only good thing is the CGI: very well-made.

Conclusion: Definitely not the best show on CN...

1 2 3