Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

Robotboy Fan Reviews page 3 of 3

• But this show really kicks MLAATR's butt!

This show was first introduced in the UK until it soon came to America and seen every episode of this show and yet it's okay and it features many stuff from any other superhero show and what if you compare this to My Life As A Teenage Robot?

My Life As A Teenage Robot
    Basically the only weakness to this show is that it features teenage stuff and characters are yetly unnatrual to the show and maybe it's a good thing that this show is on Hitaus becaus-

And overall Robotboy really kicks butt for sure and for the second time...

It's okay
  • The future looks good for this show.

Yeah, so I've only seen a few episodes of this show. That still doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great show. The characters are all original, and hold some tinges of other characters. Tommy, for example, looks a lot like Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Ro' looks like a mix of Bubbles (PPG) and XJ9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot.) Gus (a.k.a. the "G-Man") looks, and sounds, a lot like everyone's favorite fatboy, Cartman. The villans are pretty good, but they could use some tweaking. The main characters (Tommy, Gus, Lola and Ro') need no tweaking; whoever made this show hit it right on the bullseye.

You may think this a blip on the radar, but this'll go from "under the radar" to "fan favorite" in no time!

9.5 outta 10

Double Trouble Tom
  • Not really the best show about robots, but it could be worse.

"Robotboy is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy"

The show's alright, though it could use some work.

g reg rjng goeijg rijg jr iojgfrg iojr f fio jf iojr fio jrf ioj-- i'm writing to fill up 50 words-- jfioj rwfio jro f/re wgthk oreg erg ew o.
  • This is another Rip-Off.

Bad storylines, bad characters, boring etc..."Robotboy" is definitely a rip-off (*hem*hem* "My Life as a Teenage Robot", no matter how 'riped-off' it may be, is better than this). Also, "Robtoboy" is not funny, and the plot is not interesting at all. The only good thing is the CGI: very well-made.

Conclusion: Definitely not the best show on CN...

• I sort of have mixed feelings about this show. Not horrible, but not good, either.

"Robotboy" isn't the best show on Cartoon Network, but I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about it. I love the idea of a cute little robot coming to live and play with children--kind of like a 21st-century "Pinocchio"--but at the same time I dislike some of the qualities the show has to offer. Usually I never say "no" to a cartoon show, other than "Kim Possible", but...I just don't know about this one. Allow me to explain, please.

The first thing I don't like is the villains. I mean, honestly. Dr. Kamakazi is just a pathetic excuse for a villain; it's almost like he's not even TRYING. Constantine is funny, but I feel that that's all he's really there FOR--the backup comic relief. Whenever Robotboy fights him or his minions, it's always way too easy. A couple kicks there, a few punches there, and blammo, we're done, the day is saved, yay, whoohoo. I mean, come ON, already. If he's the evil genius his reputation STATES I'd expect him to put up a bit of a fight once in awhile, you dig? Robotboy can do so much more with his special powers, but he's being held back by all the pathetic villains that come his way. What fun is that?!

Another thing I don't like is the character designs--they remind me WAY too much of other cartoon shows. Tommy looks like a blonde version of Mac from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", Lola looks like someone out of "The PowerPuff Girls", and Gus sounds almost exactly like Cartman--and acts like him, too, minus the cursing. Robotboy himself reminds me of the spawn of XJ-9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot) and a PowerPuff Girl, with Ling-Ling (Drawn Together)'s voice, only in English. It kind of annoys me, in a way.

The animation isn't very smooth, either--it's kind of blocky and strange. Probably a mixture of Flash animation and traditional gone wrong, that's what it is.

So, there you have it. I like it and I don't like it. I have neutral feelings. Robotboy deserves so much more than this, and I hope that it becomes evident in the future.
  • Robotboy may be under the radar now, but things will change soon.

The show is what I call awesome. Next to the Eds , Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo and Code Lyoko, this is one of my favorite shows. I always have to watch it on Sunday because I wake up late on Saturday. The characters, though sometimes half witted, are good and funny at sometimes. The villain, Dr. Kamikazi only wants Robotboy to take over the world. Along with his assistant Constantine, he tries a handful of attempts to get Robotboy but constantly fails. He never gives up though. The animation may be simplified, but a lot of other things make up for it though. Overall, this show is good. If you si down and watch it, you might be supprised or impressed
  • robotboy is awsome

this show is awsome i love robotboy to bits and i think tommy is cool too. robotboy has a emotion chip so he has feelings just like a real person wich is neat. this show has great animation and a really cute plot. robotboy wants to become a real boy bit of a pinnocio spoof there. robotboy and tommy are best friends tommy somtimes calls robotboy \"ro\" for short super cute i hope they keep making this show for at least 2 or 3 series because robotboy is the cutest robotboy ever i\'m gonna give this show 9/10 it just simply excellent.

Robotboy, hate this show, Ha Ha just kidding, It's a terrific show with a Robot acting like a boy.

Unlike the Powerpuff Girls, he can kick butt and beat them up.

With his owner Tommy Turnbull keeps him like a toy, cool I wish I could have him like a toy.
  • This is one of the best cartoons of 2005 (even thought it came in November)

This was first shown in November of 2005 (for nearly a whole month at 5:30pm. Even from the previews of the show (5 seconds of them) the show looked awesome.

Its basically about a boy who has a smart intelligent robot giving to him for safe keeping from proffessor moshimo. And they have to try and keep him from being re-programmed by Doctor Kamikazi and his assistant Constantine.

The animation is good, the voices are good as well.

I hope they continue to keep making this cartoon as it is one of the most original shows shown on Cartoon Network right now.

• Much better than "My Life As A Teenage Robot".

Unlike "My Life As A Teenage Robot", Robotboy, a similar but better show, is CN's own version of Nick's robot Heroine.

The story revolves around ten yr old Tommy Turnbull and his robot companion Robotboy, whom, along with Gus (G-Man) and Lola, must fend off Dr. Kamikaze, who intends to use Robotboy for world domination, as well as his sidekick Constantine.

With a mixed of traditional and flash animation, a creative story, and a setting that makes sense, Robotboy has seem to gain acceptance the minute it made its debut.
  • Robotboy Rules

This is really a great show,i agree with Spongeyfan i give Robotboy a 10/10 because the characters are funny.The best character is robotboy and the funniest character is Gus.I want everybody to watch robotboy.its not the best show in cartoon network or cn but i want everybody to still watch Robotboy.
  • It's okay.

It's not a perfect show and it only has room to progeress. This and Ben 10 are the two better of the new shows Cartoon Network sent to air now.

I can only judge the show from the first episode and all I can say is that it is a good show and you should try and watch it.

1 2 3 >