Robotboy

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

JusticeLeaguer

Robotboy Fan Reviews (71)

6.8
  • Why the hate?

Robotboy is awesome, funny, cool, cute, badass etc. He's not a rip-off, you are just haters! I get enjoyment out of this show 100% of the time, even though they are always repeats, they are still funny and entertaining! I REALLY hope they make more episodes!
  • I'm just going to clear the dust on this...

This show wasn't exactly a "Rip-off". I've done my homework on the proclaimed "Rip-offies" and you haters are WAY off. The Robotboy series was made in FRANCE not in US. "My life as a teenage robot" didn't even air and France isn't known for owning manga comics or having anime series, (At least that I don't know of) more or less know of "Astro boy". As for you guys are just spitting non-sense, I can name at least 7 characters with irregular shapes for heads and your're comparing just the most commonly used character detail? Look at Jeffery from Clarance, Ed from ed edd n' eddy, Even fucking Spongebob. And another thing, the bullies are SUPPOSED to look alike, thats the JOKE to all of that crap. And comparing RobotBoy to a freakin "PowerPuff"? He's SUPPOSED to look cute and frail, you ninnies, thats the whole point, a small cute, war machine that EVERYONE is after.

It could use some character back stories (Origins), much longer and convoluted, go for some uncommon minion types, and this show would be a go again. Looking back at the show brought back memories and laughter from it, thats how good it is.

But the only thing thats unoriginal here are the haters...
  • This Show was good

This was good I really liked it because of the fat boy he was funny as hell it was just like spongebob just with a robot Why people gatin know reason
  • This Show Is Loved

Robotboy is a pretty decent cartoon and isn't as bad as most people say.
    Clever and well animated cartoon!
    Robot Boy" isn't as bad as some others here make it, but it's not exactly must-see, either.
    It's not really a bad show or anything, it just seems a bit unoriginal. It's actually quite similar to "My Life as a Teenage Robot", except with a male character this time instead of a girl. The character even sorta looks like Jenny (or XJ9) from MLAATR. Plus, he wants to be a real boy, same with Jenny (except she wants to be a girl). But other then that the show doesn't seem to bad, maybe not something I'd watch everyday, but really good for some people. I'd have to say if you like MLAATR or Astro Boy, you'd probably might like this too. Robotboy is my favourite TV show, and I would watch it over anything else.
    Robotboy is a blue and white battle robot with three distinct modes. Deactivated, activated, and superactived. In his deactivated mode he becomes so small he can fit in a backpack, in active mode he is about the same size as a child, and in superactive mode he becomes about 4 times as big as a normal child.
    He was created by Prof. Moshimo, a balding genius, but when word got out, a little known 'genius', Dr. Kamikazi, tryed to steal him. Moshimo gave Robotboy to Tommy, in a hope to protect him.
    Tommy and Robotboy quickly became best friends, and continue to thwart Kamikazi's attempts to capture him to this very day...
    A boy that is a robot who in there right mind cares?Tommy goes different places and has different adventures but in every one so far the robotboy always saves the city
  • Best show on CN I have ever seen!

The show is preety cool and awesome! Some people complain that this show sucks because they say it's a clear rip-off of many other shows such as: Astro Boy, Megaman and My Life as a Teenage Robot. Those people should really get a life for cring out loud! But if they still think it's no good, that's their problem, not mine!

I think Robotboy is really cute and that story of becoming a real boy, very cute! (kinda like a pinochio spoff too)

Tommy, real smart and cool and takes the resposabilaty of protecting Robotboy from villians very seriously.

Lola, very smart and cute, and secret crush for Tommy. (sigh) If only he could pa more attention to her.

Gus, comical but real greedy at times!
  • Robotboy lives with Tommy to learn to be a true boy.

This show is so cute. It's like a robo version of Pinnochio except Robotboy doesn't lie so his nose doesn't grow (since he doesn't have a nose), the creator sends him to live with a human boy, there's no blue fairy, and the badguy is trying to catpure him for evil purpose. But still, it's a pretty good descent show. Anyway, I think Kamikazi is not much of a genius, because if he was he would've captured Robotboy on his first try. It's too bad they never show a full hour episode when Tommy's family finds out about Robotboy, Kamikazi forms an alliance and finally creates his perfect robot clone army to take over the world, Tommy, Lola, Gus, Tommy's mom, and dad would stop him, and Tommy's dad would show some repect to his son.
  • Clever and well animated cartoon!

this is the only Brillent show on CN it is clever and very well animated although tommys head is squere and most of the charictars are dumb and odd shaped robotboy himself or itself is very well drawn and designed that is why i love the charictar robotboy more then i like the show itself oh and also the show is way to short what im trying to say is that Robotboy is one of the best charictars in history of cartoon network..(coming in next to the mask) he is cute, loveable not to mention the most powerfull robot ever (thats not just an opinoun it is fact that robotboy is the most powerfull robot ever) and just one last thing about the show the main villin kamakazi or however you spell it is pathetic yes but who cares personally i only watch the show to see the robotboy charictar it is one of the best shows ever Thanks for reading =)
  • Cute Robo!

Robotboy is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy. Upon hearing of Robotboy’s ability to spontaneously change into a fighting machine with the capability to wipe out entire armies, the evil genius Dr. Kamikazi, sets out to find Robotboy with hope of using him to enslave the world. Robotboy is sent to into hiding with a Tommy, who with the help of his friends Gus and Lola, teach Robotboy how to become a real boy as they keep him away from Dr. Kamikazi’s evil clutches. Watch him action.
  • Robotboy is my favourite TV show, and I would watch it over anything else.

He was created by Prof. Moshimo, a balding genius, but when word got out, a little known \'genius\', Dr. Kamikazi, tryed to steal him. Moshimo gave Robotboy to Tommy, in a hope to protect him.
    Tommy and Robotboy quickly became best friends, and continue to thwart Kamikazi\'s attempts to capture him to this very day...
  • Another of CN's bests.

Robotboy, Ben 10, & My Gym Partner's A Monkey are the ONLY new shows on CN worth wathcing, in my opinion. Robotboy is a cool show. Robotboy is about a robot who wants to become a real boy. But, he must also fight off the evil Kamakazi (i think thats how its spelled and it is also based off of the real Kamikaze which is a Japanese suicide pilot in World War II) because he wants to rule the world. CN, keep it up.
  • I like this show....

....for all you people that are saying that it follows the usual story line about the kids keeping secrets from their parents, and the villians are crazy and have armies of whatever, you are forgetting about where Robotboy comes from...It's in the opening!! There's this guy that creates this thing and sends him away so he can be a real boy...a real robot boy....I don't remember THAT part of the story being ripped off,

They need to show Robotboy more... And it is a little boring, but It seems that it is more liked than I thought it would be. And that guy does look like Mac, from Foster's Home For Immaginary Friends, except that his hair is longer. That kid, and the rest of this cartoon reminds me of Tom & Jerry when Chuck Jones produced it. I like that.

I hope they keep this show for a while.
  • Very emotional TV show. Theres also so many funny, sad or happy sences to it. People who are new to this, WATCH IT! :D

Cartoon network has made a master piece of a cartoon this year. Some scenes are funny, sad, and happy! Your feeling changes when Robotboy starts! Awsome graphics, well designed characters, and most of all cool. I hope this cartoon never gets took down. Also Tara Strong is a great actor! The colours change nearly every second like lights on a camera display. They made some characters ugly, fat, wierd, cute(only 2), and just plain cheerful. This really IS a kid's favourite. So much laughter and giggling when watching, and my brother even cried when something happened to Robotboy! 100/10 for sure.
  • Robotboy may be under the radar now, but things will change soon.

The show is what I call awesome. Next to the Eds , Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo and Code Lyoko, this is one of my favorite shows. I always have to watch it on Sunday because I wake up late on Saturday. The characters, though sometimes half witted, are good and funny at sometimes. The villain, Dr. Kamikazi only wants Robotboy to take over the world. Along with his assistant Constantine, he tries a handful of attempts to get Robotboy but constantly fails. He never gives up though. The animation may be simplified, but a lot of other things make up for it though. Overall, this show is good. If you si down and watch it, you might be supprised or impressed
  • Robotboy Rules

This is really a great show,i agree with Spongeyfan i give Robotboy a 10/10 because the characters are funny.The best character is robotboy and the funniest character is Gus.I want everybody to watch robotboy.its not the best show in cartoon network or cn but i want everybody to still watch Robotboy.
  • robotboy is awsome

this show is awsome i love robotboy to bits and i think tommy is cool too. robotboy has a emotion chip so he has feelings just like a real person wich is neat. this show has great animation and a really cute plot. robotboy wants to become a real boy bit of a pinnocio spoof there. robotboy and tommy are best friends tommy somtimes calls robotboy \"ro\" for short super cute i hope they keep making this show for at least 2 or 3 series because robotboy is the cutest robotboy ever i\'m gonna give this show 9/10 it just simply excellent.
  • This is one of the best cartoons of 2005 (even thought it came in November)

This was first shown in November of 2005 (for nearly a whole month at 5:30pm. Even from the previews of the show (5 seconds of them) the show looked awesome.

Its basically about a boy who has a smart intelligent robot giving to him for safe keeping from proffessor moshimo. And they have to try and keep him from being re-programmed by Doctor Kamikazi and his assistant Constantine.

The animation is good, the voices are good as well.

I hope they continue to keep making this cartoon as it is one of the most original shows shown on Cartoon Network right now.

• this is kinda cool show

well robot boy is sortta cool but twt is cooler
    lets see, tommy is a boy who owns robotboy and his friends lola and gus help watch him. some times kamakazi trys to steal robot boy. so i like the episode when tommy gave lola the ring and when bambi was replaced by kamakazi using him to get robotvoy.
  • Robotboy is a very good show, here's why

It can be pleased by anyone. Not everyone has the same tastes nor the same interests. But to be honest, the reasons why people don't like that show disappoint me a little, because Robotboy is one of my favorite shows ever. I'll proove to you why are some of these reasons are actually... ridiculous.

Why do people dislike this show:

- ''The show is a rip-off''

The most common one of the bunch. It is considered to be a rip-off mainly of MLAATR and Astro Boy, when all of these are actually VERY different. The only thing common about them is that they are all robots who wish to become human and they all fight crime. Astro Boy is a robot who is an attempt of reviving a little boy, Toby, who died (in a car crash in the 80's show version, killed by a robot in the 2009 movie). Jenny and Robotboy are both inventions created by their creator, not based on someone specific. Jenny is based on a female teenager, while Robotboy is based on a male child. Also, notice that Jenny is known and seen by everyone and even goes to school, while Robotboy isnt allowed to be shown in public, because it's dangerous and he is searched by many people for bad intentions. Moshimo actually sends Robotboy to Tommy because he wants Robotboy to live like a real boy, with a real boy. And he didn't send him to someone random, because Tommy has high knowledge in technology and he happens to be his biggest fan. Yes it may be based on some shows, but not because someone made a show about robots with human feelings, doesnt mean we can't do it again.

- ''The characters aren't original''

Please, oh please. The characters are very well designed and have different personalities that make the show interesting. Robotboy is an adorable, yet powerful robot who doesn't even look human and wants to live like one, still. Lola has the character of a little girl who hangs out with guys, no wonder why she can whine lots of times. Gus, well, he's actually representing a lot of cartoon characters. Disgusting things such as boogers, poo and other stuff like that are REAAAALLY common in shows. Robotboy shows a little, but not as much as some other cartoons. Disgusting things only appear when Gus is around. Besides, not everyone has to be this adorable child who knows everything. His personality is a lot like Cartman, I agree. But if he had to be nice and cheerful with Robotboy like Tommy and Lola are, then it would be boring. Someone acting the wrong way towards a robot is actually amusing and gives a stronger personality. As for Tommy, people complain about his square head that looks like Mac's. Uh hello? A LOT of characters are deformed. Look at Phineas from Phineas and Ferb, his head is a freaking triangle. And his family also seem to despise him, but it is common for the main characters to not get along with the family. Here, Donnie seems to be the biggest problem. His dad is a jerk to him, but sometimes he is on Tommy's side. And the mother, well, she mostly protects Tommy too. So if these characters aren't original, then neither of any other characters in cartoons.

- ''The episodes are very repetitive''

Now that. I can proove you very wrong. Let's take a look on Phineas and Ferb, one of the most beloved cartoons. It's always the same season in every episode, which already doesn't widden ideas. It starts out as an idea they have which they want to make (always starting with ''Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today!''), their sister trying to bust them out, their friends helping them while they sing a little song and the whole invention vanishes by the end, making Candace look crazy in front of her parents. Not to mention Perry's adventures with his evil rival. Trust me, we haven't seen the episode, yet we know it by heart. Same goes for My Little Pony, another very popular cartoon. It's a bit more varied, but still the same message most of the time: something starts a problem, they try fixing it and Twilight sends a letter on what she has learned about friendship. The only episodes who really are different are the seasons premieres and finales. Robotboy does get repetitive too, I admit. But some episodes can end in a different twist too, (WARNING, SPOILERS) like in 'Cleaning Day', when Robotboy doesn't even fight of the episode, or in 'Robot Love' when he refuses to fight Mona because he loves her (until he sees her hurting Tommy, then he goes berzerk), or in 'Grow-No-Mo' when the main focus was him trying to grow up, and he didnt even fight either. A lot of episodes actually make Robotboy fight differently too. So, the fact that all the episodes are repetitive is WRONG!

In conclusion, Robotboy may not be the most popular show, and it isnt the first show to feature a robot wannabe human, but the show is enjoyable, fun, and unfortunately very underappreciated. Cartoons like Jimmy Two Shoes, Almost Naked Animals, Problem Solverz and many more unfortunately seem to take the top over Robotboy. As a kid, I absolutely loved Robotboy. I dreamed to have a robot like him and his skills really amazed me. You can say that (Please dont hate me for this) it somehow is the Astro Boy of my generation (as Astro Boy didnt air), even if they have their differences. I loved it, while some other cartoons like Almost Naked Animals or Chowder bored me.

Also, fun fact: Go on Youtube and look at Robotboy episodes. A lot of the episodes have 100k, 200k, 300k or more views, the highest almost reaching 2 million views. The majority of these episodes are also ''liked''.

I don't get why some people hate the show. The show has very mixed opinions, actually. But I absolutely love this show, and it is SO, SO much better than most of the shows today. Hopefully it airs again, and makes a new season :)
  • Its not bad.

Pkay. so maybe its a little like my life as a teenage robot but this show is better. WAYY BETTER! It's actually pretty good for a copy of mlaatr. My Life as a Teenage Robot was absolutely horrible so i think we can all agree that this is better. I say you should watch. It is actually pretty funny plus robotboy is so cute-for a robot that is.
  • The future looks good for this show.

Yeah, so I've only seen a few episodes of this show. That still doesn't change the fact that I think it's a great show. The characters are all original, and hold some tinges of other characters. Tommy, for example, looks a lot like Mac from Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Ro' looks like a mix of Bubbles (PPG) and XJ9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot.) Gus (a.k.a. the "G-Man") looks, and sounds, a lot like everyone's favorite fatboy, Cartman. The villans are pretty good, but they could use some tweaking. The main characters (Tommy, Gus, Lola and Ro') need no tweaking; whoever made this show hit it right on the bullseye.

You may think this a blip on the radar, but this'll go from "under the radar" to "fan favorite" in no time!

9.5 outta 10

Double Trouble Tom
  • Robotboy, hate this show, Ha Ha just kidding, It's a terrific show with a Robot acting like a boy.

Unlike the Powerpuff Girls, he can kick butt and beat them up.

With his owner Tommy Turnbull keeps him like a toy, cool I wish I could have him like a toy.
  • Despite its too oftenly used plot, Robotboy is probably one of the best cartoons with a robot in it since XJ9.

Robotboy, the show about a cookie with its own mind that wants to be a hu-

(slap) Ok, too sarcastic. ^^; Robotboy is, of course, about a buttkicking yet freakin' adorable robot who dreams of one day becoming a real boy. Sort of like your futuristic Pinnochio, but the movie 'Pinnochio 3000' already has that covered. Literally.

So the plot is prepetitive for EVERY episode- the show really isn't great for that reason, but what actually happens is important. It's funny, cute, sad, gripping...the variety of genres each episode goes in to should make any person who doesn't like the show like at least one episode.

The animation is average at the most, but some of the backgrounds are truly amazing. You can't say much about it, but the next thing I'll move onto takes a lot more.

The characters are all incredibly well written into the plot. The basic design and personality of each person would make you want to try and start a story with the same equivalent of quality, only to make it so far. Tommy for starters is just an everyday school kid who absolutely LOVES robots (go figure.), and is the lucky devil who gets to keep Robotboy so to teach him about human life. Gus is probably the best character out of the rest- he's just that cocky sarcastic blob that ever show has or needs. Lola seems to just be the random tough girl that has a crush on one of the characters, in this case Tommy. And Robotboy- well! Robotboy is just too cute beyond endurance. (this is a girl writing this, remember) He's always curious about everything and always wants to join the party, but mostly just beating the crap out of Gus for different reasons. That and the fact he can be incredibly funny with his lack of common knowledge.

And who could forget the bad guys? Kamikazi is probably the oldest you'll find (besides that old dude in that episode of the PPG) and probably the most stupid. As I've said before on the Code Lyoko boards, he has the IQ of a friggin' pickle. Well, not really, but you get the point. Constantine is my favourite chracter by far. He's that bouncy sidekick who has to take care of his boss, and of course to have the sense to be civilized with Tommy and friends every now and then when the going gets tough.

All that combined with the secondary characters and villians and you get one heck of a package that packs a punch, and Robotboy is the animation we all have come to know.
  • What's with all the hate? It's a great show to watch in my opinion.

I'm amazed at how much hate this show gets, it's pretty damn underrated and one of Cn's best in my opinion. I used to watch this show a lot back when it came on and I remember liking it.

This is about a robot named Robotboy who is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy. Upon hearing of Robotboy's ability to spontaneously change into a fighting machine with the capability to wipe out entire armies, the evil genius Dr. Kamikazi, sets out to find Robotboy with hope of using him to enslave the world. Robotboy is sent to into hiding with Tommy,who with the help of his friends Gus and Lola, teach Robotboy how to become a real boy as they keep him away from Dr. Kamikazi's evil clutches. I don't get why people call this show a rip off of MLAATR because the show's premise doesn't sound similar. I think this show is an interesting robot story with likeable characters and decent storylines that mixes comedy and actions greatly.

The characters are likeable and have good personalities except for Gus, he was funny occasionally but there was sometimes moments were he would get annoying and acted dumb and gross/was a selfish jerk to his friends, but he didn't prevent me from liking the show. Then there was the protagonist Robotboy who's dreams were to become a real boy, despite not having the ability to speak proper English, I can overlook it since he's a young Robot. He's probably the best character because I found it really cool how he had all those weapons when he became superactivated and he was cute as well. I'd also like to argue how the characters/designs are not rip offs of Other shows. Gus doesn't look like Cartman, despite sounding and acting a bit like him, people say that he's just the childish and gross version of Cartman when Gus is only older than Cartman by 2 years or so. Lola also doesn't look like Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls.

The plotlines are decent enough, despite taking bits out of other show's prime, it wasn't so unoriginal to the point where they tried to compete with Johnny Test's unoriginality.

The animation is great and does flow nicely throughout the entire series with the characters moving smooth, especially when an action scene occurs. The art direction was done pretty well and the set designs are decent enough.

This show was another great show from my childhood, too bad it was short lived. Out of all the shows that were playing when Cartoon Network was still good, this was one of the best, and I'm so angry it got cancelled and hasn't been on TV lately. Despite having a few flaws, I think Robotboy is a great cartoon. Sure, there were a couple bad episodes, and I wouldn't exactly call it a masterpiece unless you're really into shows about Robots, but this show is defanitley worth watching even if you don't like CN.

• Much better than "My Life As A Teenage Robot".

Unlike "My Life As A Teenage Robot", Robotboy, a similar but better show, is CN's own version of Nick's robot Heroine.

The story revolves around ten yr old Tommy Turnbull and his robot companion Robotboy, whom, along with Gus (G-Man) and Lola, must fend off Dr. Kamikaze, who intends to use Robotboy for world domination, as well as his sidekick Constantine.

With a mixed of traditional and flash animation, a creative story, and a setting that makes sense, Robotboy has seem to gain acceptance the minute it made its debut.
  • Too much hate?

Ok, many people think of this as a big... rip-off

But I personally think even "rip-offs" CAN be good.

I enjoy this show, a lot to be honest with you. Robotboy is just.... cute, literally, and all the other characters are really likeable (Ok, Gus CAN kiss my precious treasure down there)

But anyway, I would argue to death that this show did NOT rip-off other shows a lot have mentioned.... I am not lying.

A scientist created a robot and hides it someplace else from an evil scientist... nope, did not see that elsewhere.

A random boy gets that robot and the robot considers him as his owner and they become best friends together... did not see that anywhere else either.

Many people can argue that this show is a rip-off, but I will always talk the other direction, and no one convinces me otherwise.

I love that show, dazzit, okai?
  • Not really the best show about robots, but it could be worse.

"Robotboy is a battle machine with dreams of becoming a real boy"

The show's alright, though it could use some work.

g reg rjng goeijg rijg jr iojgfrg iojr f fio jf iojr fio jrf ioj-- i'm writing to fill up 50 words-- jfioj rwfio jro f/re wgthk oreg erg ew o.
  • It's okay.

It's not a perfect show and it only has room to progeress. This and Ben 10 are the two better of the new shows Cartoon Network sent to air now.

I can only judge the show from the first episode and all I can say is that it is a good show and you should try and watch it.

• This Cartoon Is The One Best Of Robot's Creativity Who Have Creation Ever.Robotboy Maybe Look Normal Robot But He 's Conceal His Superweapon(Superactivate) To Show One's Capability Of This Uncommon Robot.

Merit : 1.The One Best Of Creativity Robot 2.Design
    Of Robotboy Is So Cute What Do You Look Not Boring 3.Robotboy Is Funny Character Who Make People Laugh(Or Someone)4.Relaxant Cartoon Not Seriously 5.Some Episode Look To Be Suitable Cute (example. Robotboy And Robotgirl)6.Superweapon(Superactivate) Did Good 7.Emotion To Watch This Cartoon Feeling Enjoyable 8.Robotboy's Voice Is Suitable Looking Attractive

Disadvantage : 1.Story Not Enough,Be Negligent 2.mostly Episodes Again And Again 3.No Innovation 4.Some Episode Robotboy Rarely Be A Lot Of Action

Conclude : I Think Robotboy Is The One Awesome Creation In The World I Hope They Will Be Make The Best Of This Cartoon But This Story Must Be Increase For People Enjoy Watching And follow Robotboy To Be continually

The Robotboy Just Keep Working Up
  • This show is somewhat decent.

Okay, ever since this show was released in the US for a while, I have seen it. And what do I think of this show? It's adequate. Not a bad show, but it's not great either.

All right, think of this show as Pinnochio mixed with Astro Boy and Mega Man. It's about a robot named Robotboy who wants to be human. Robotboy was sent to Tommy Turnbull by Prof. Moshimo because the Professor fears that Dr. Kamikazi plans to use Robotboy for evil. It's your basic good vs. evil story. Nothing special.

The characters in the show are pretty good, though not quite as good. For instance, Tommy Turnbull looks a lot like a blond Mac from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends while Gus, aka, G-Man, acts like Cartman from South Park if you get rid of the cursing. Also, Lola sort of looks like Ami from HHPAY, but that's about it. Oh, and Robotboy reminds me of Astro Boy and Mega Man if they had broken English.

Now, this show may be good, but on the other hand it does not do well due to the repetitive plot in some episodes. Also, there's some slight adult humor in the show involving gross body humor, big butts (i.e. Debbie Turnbull, Tommy's mom), and other stuff. Overall, this show is average. Not bad or good. Just average. I would recommend it if you want a good laugh or if you are a fan of this show.
  • But this show really kicks MLAATR's butt!

This show was first introduced in the UK until it soon came to America and seen every episode of this show and yet it's okay and it features many stuff from any other superhero show and what if you compare this to My Life As A Teenage Robot?

My Life As A Teenage Robot
    -------------------------------------------------
    Basically the only weakness to this show is that it features teenage stuff and characters are yetly unnatrual to the show and maybe it's a good thing that this show is on Hitaus becaus-

And overall Robotboy really kicks butt for sure and for the second time...

It's okay