Robotboy

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

JusticeLeaguer

Robotboy Fan Reviews (68)

6.7
  • Rips two things.

What are they ripping off? Megaman and MLAATR.

Plot: Robotboy, a robot created for unknown purpose by Dr. Moshimo, has decided to send him in safe place because some evil scientist called Dr. Kamikaze, wants to use him to take over the world. He was sent to a boy named Tommy, to keep him safe, and teach him how to act human. They should have explained the purpose of this bot.

Characters: Tommy, a ripoff of Mac from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Gus is okay, Lola is whiny. His big brother that bullies him is a fattened version of Terrence. Terrence is more awesome and funny, while this one only serves as an annoyance and may make you to wish to beat his face. Robotboy, a rip-off of Jenny's little brother and also Megaman. Protoboy, rip-off of the badass Protoman. *whistles* Robotgirl, is one of the good characters along with Gus. Now when it comes to his school, it's now a rip-off of Fairly OddParents. For example, the bully Kurt? is it kurt? is a rip-off of Francis. and the blond girl is a rip-off of Trixie. Dr. Moshimo and Dr. Kamikaze is very generic. Now on voice acting, some are terrible, some are good.

Action/Humor value: Humor can be nice at rare times, but most of them are pointless. The action value here is nada because it's kiddish.

Art: Good, animation is good. A good point of this show.

Overall: -1.3. If it wasn't for it's ripping off nature, it would be a good show. Now, Megaman is my favorite robot of all times, and I don't like him being ripped-off. Megaman laid foundations among the robotic concepts along with Transformers. See Jenny Wakeman? Her design is a little inspired by Megaman, Megaman X to be exact. See her legs? Compare it from the characters on Megaman X.
  • To be honest, if I were to think of a more unoriginal, mundane and just overall more annoying TV show I'd have a hard time.

Takes itself too seriously, whilst being a bore and a general annoyance. I am writing this as I am watching it.

So, there's this incredibly wussy kid by the name of 'Tommy' who gets victimised by little girls. Then there's this deranged madman who sounds like a bad impression of Adolf Hitler on a Saturday night. Uggh... The voices. Those horrible, wretched voices. Akin to repeatedly scratch nails on a chalkboard. We've also got this incredibly whiny Cartman-esque wimp who is a narcissistic asshat. Terrible.

In conclusion, this show is just bad. It takes elements of Transformers and South Park and screws up what made those shows good.
  • Robotgirl was the only thing about this show I liked, and the art direction. The plot's My Life as a Teenage Robot--with her robot brother.

Wow. Robots wanting to be real humans-where have we heard that before? Oh yeah...My Life as a Teenage Robot. Everything about the show is a ripoff of MLAATR--Gus=Tuck, Lola=short Brad, Tommy=Mac from Foster's, just blond. Robotboy=Jenny's little brother. Or cousin. The voices are all annoying-which is a VERY bad combination with awesome/sub-par animation, your mileage definitely varies. The mad scientist is like Nora Wakeman's dad--his daughter's less annoying than him, if he is her father. Robotgirl was pretty much the only good thing about this ripoff I did like and I'm surprised it has returned. My apologies to the people who actually like this show, but it just didn't mesh.

sincerely,

b. impson
  • A show about a robot who dreams of being a true boy while fighting off villains. Seriously a show with no imagination and originality.

This show is nothing but rip-offs of many better shows.

First, the concept. A robot going into some scientist's biggest fan's house in order to learn to be a true boy, yet he fights off villains? Not only does this concept doesn't make any sense, it makes the show look like a last minute project without any thought of logic. If you have the most powerful machine in the world, would you send it to some child's house even though you know he might be captured by somebody? No! You would send him to the government for tests then use him as a weapon against your enemies. Plus, this is straight rip off of Astro Boy. A show without any logic makes the viewer change the channel.

Characters have no personalities, and some of their designs are straight rip-offs of other shows. Head looks exactly like Mac's frome Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends-square. Can you say plagerism! His personality is as boring as his design. Lola looks like a powerpuff girl, so that makes the show even moreboring. She's rich, which doesn't explain why she would be friends with the commoners, especially Tommy. Gus is an imitation of Cartman but only worse. He even as fat as Cartman. Plus, his personality is like him too, which does no better for the show. He's supposed to be the comic relief, He's more of a pain to listen to than to laugh at.

And last but not least for the protagonists, let's talk about Robotboy. Robotboy is nothing more than a rip-off of Astro Boy and Mega Man. Astro Boy because of his body shape, and Megaman because he's blue. Plus, he can transform into a more poewerful version, which is another point to why the show is stupid. If Robotboy is small in his normal stage, how come he came be over five feet tall when transformed? How can he fit all those weapons into his body when he's normal. I know transformers and Voltron and Power Rangers have an explanation, but this show gives no explanation as to why he can carry all those nuts in his body. Also, the idea of having batteries is stupid. If you can remember the show Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot,you don't see Rusty having batteries that goes dead after a certainperiod oftime. Having batteries into the most powerful machine in the world is not onlyan overused and stupid idea, but it gives the show a lame reason as to why use the batteries as a plot device.

The villains are lame also. There's too many villains to count, but the main one is Dr. Kamikaze. Another scientist? Does that remind you of another show? It should, because having a doctor creating one robot while having another Doctor trying to take him to rule the world with his own robots is highly derivative of the show Mega Man (not NT Warrior.) This guy is an imitation of Dr. Wily but more lame. He's more like a bumbling fool than a scientist, inventing his own weird experiments to take Robotboy,which fails miserably. Overall, the characters are forgettable and annoying. Art is about uninteresting as the artwork of The Secret Saturdays if not more. Artwork is too blocky and oblique. I know that blocky shapes can be effective, but this isn't the German films Metropolis and Dr.Caligari. In fact, those two films didn't use blocky shapes to an extent to where your eyes hurt. They need to put some round shapes in it to make it appealing. Also, there's no depth in the drawings, making the show more dull and uninteresting. Colors consist of only one shade of each color. Different colors are supposed to make provide a reality to the viewer, even if it's acartoon. The colors in this show, unfortunately, creates an unoriginal world. The Artists didn't take their time with this work.

Dialogue is as annoying as every other element mentioned so far, especially Gus's. It consists of nothing more than arguments, yells, and jokes,which are annoying since every show these days have to have a joke or else it'll look formal or early 1900's. There's nothing appealing to the character's voices since it looks cheap. Robotboy talks like a foreigner who happens to take only two years of English. Not only is this a cliché, but it can also be offensive to foreigners and give a bad reputation to Americans. Overall, inexperienced voice actors doing a boring show.

And finally, the plot. What plot? Like Skunk Fu, this shows consists of two 11-minute episodes of nothing. It has the same plot: Tommy and friends are on a situation; Tommy or someone gets captured by someone; Robtboy comes in, transforms, saves the day and get out of the situation; end of story. It consists of these every day. The plots have no originality and are rip-offs to other shows. There's even an episode where Robotboy had to fight his brother Protoboy. Can I say rip-off of Megaman? The plot is exactly the same like the origin of Mega Man and Protoboy.

I'm not sure if you can even call this a frame story, because, technically, it's not even a story. The show is so illogical that it's impossible to plan a story with its format. Everyone is just there to be a plot device and obstacle to Tommy and Robotboy. The villains are easily defeated too, making the story even more boring than Johnny Test. This show should be on the top 100 worst shows on history. It'sjust too boring and uninteresting to watch. Like Skunk Fu, this show was made at the last minute just to be added to a time slot. If you want to watch a better robot show but better, watch Mega Man, Transformers, Astroboy, Gundam, or any other show. Seriously, this show is a cheap filler with no story.
  • Tommy's a rip off of Foster's

First off, you stop showing the show because your making season 2? And, you think you can rip off Fosters? I can't belive you guys at Cartoon network did not see it! And, it's not showing today. Hooray! Cause, who needs it? I don't. Cause it's a complete waste of my time! You should shreed it. Destroy it. Throw it away. Make it all crumple up in a garbege thing. And, have flys eats it. That's how much I seriously hate it. And, agree with this review or else . . . . . . I'll do something?

Final Score: F-, 1
  • Don't we already have a good show like this called Sonic X?

This show isn't great in the least.It's basically another copycat cartoon.I mean look at Tommy and then watch Foster's home for Imaginary Friends and compare Tommy with Mac.The robot's retarded and can't speak proper english.The fat kid's werid and sounds like Cartman from South Park.I can't belive CTN is buying this crud!I mean OMG,this show is spelt G-A-Y!Why do people like this so much anyway?If I owned CTN,I'd get rid of this,Squirell Boy,My Gym Partner's A Monkey,Ben 10(Which I hate to say because Ben's my real name)I don't even think CTN even realizes that they're replacing EEnE,TT,FHFIF,or any other good show they air for these junky cartoons that only make the viewers dumber.
  • Terrible, Just TERRIBLE

This is the most retarded show I have ever watched. The creator pretty much copied Mac on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Tommy has the same shaped head). This show has a robot that Transforms, which has pretty much happened in any robot shows. The show is pretty much Dexter's Laboratory and Transformers combined together. I absolutely HATE the transforming scene. When the robot talks, he sounds very retarded and slow-witted. He talks like he first learned the language. This show just copies other shows. Why would Cartoon Network buy this junk? It's extremely dumb. I HATE this show.
  • What a dump.

Robotboy is so stupid. The voices are annoying, the humer is not funny, Gus is a really cheap rip-off of Cartman (who is hilarious) and it just plain sucks. This plotline has been used a million times so why use it again with no new matterial? Avoid at all costs ( this is better than Juniper Lee though. l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
  • This is officially one of the most idiotic shows on the air, at the moment!

1.1
    Robotboy has got to be one of the most rubbish shows I have ever seen! I mean, the animation isn't that great and the characters are AWFUL such as Gus, he is a total jerk to his friends and only cares about himself more than other people, Tommy isn't that good of a character either and his hair is ripping off Mac's from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and ugh, Robotboy is a DREADFUL character as he can't even speak proper English(I don't know why in the heck he says his own name in sentences, and can't speak in sentences properly). The storylines are INCREDIBLY overrated and the jokes are not that funny, there is only like one episode which I found hilarous(that episode where this guy pretends to be Robotboy's mum/mom) other than that, I don't really find fart jokes, toilet humour or Gus that funny, I think this show should be cancelled once and for all along with other stupid shows.
  • oh, dear lord. this is an awful show

1.1
    so , we have a cute little robot who wants to be a real boy with the help of a real boy named tommy and his fat best friend gus or " the G man " . but an evil japanese scientist wants to kidnap robotboy and brainwash him and help him take over the world . how unoriginal . the animation sucks , the voices are dull and the plots of the episodes are boring . the fat dude gus makes me puke because of him cartman imitation and voice . overall , if you're smart , you wouldn't like this show very much .
  • This show is really dumb and stupid!

1.3
    About this robot thing who can turn into a killing machine, and who dreams of becoming a real boy. But an evil genius named Dr. Kamikaze wants to use the robot so he can take over the world, or whatever.Just enslave everyone. But the robot has got to hide before anything bad happens to him. Along the way, he finds a boy and his friends and the boy decides to keep him. Then, they all have adventures while trying to hide the robot from Dr. Kamikaze. This show sucks for a few reasons:1.I don't know, the whole show sounds just plain lame, and yes I have watched it, thank you! 2.Crappy plot. I think I have heard half of this before. 3.Just flat-out gay It could spoil the potential for Cartoon Network. So, if you have never heard of this, or seen it, then don't even take a tiny glimpse at it, because you could be hypnotized into liking a complete piece of crap!
  • This show is so stupid!

1.3
    OK, Robotboy is one of the reasons why TV today is crap it's all about this guy called Tommy Turnbull who's a fan of this professor named Professor Moshimo and is sent a thick robot called Robotboy who he needs to look after and stuff i personally think this show is very stupid and i think Robotboy is the most idiotic and stupid robot in a cartoon i agree with my great friend benb15 it does rip off Sonic X in the sense that it's an action cartoon the part where Robotboy transforms is rather annoying and Gus is so immature he's sometimes naked too which means he's a pervert the only character i like in this damn show is Lola because she's the only character with common sense the rest are downright annoying though it's not the worst show ever it's one of them but it's not the worst i'd rather watch this than some shows(The Naked Brothers Band, My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Bob the Builder) the show lately hasn't aired any new episodes so i think it's either cancelled or on hiatus either way i still hate this show.
  • A boy that is a robot who in there right mind cares?Tommy goes different places and has different adventures but in every one so far the robotboy always saves his butt.

1.4
    Some one please stop putting this show on tv it just wastes time. No one cares about that stupid boy that always gets in trouble and a robot boy saves him!You could say cows on a farm ate pizzia and got a stomachache and had to go to the other side of the world to find the cure and make a good sieries out of that.Kids would deffinitly like that alot more than a stupid boy getting in trouble and then a robot saves him. It make no sence how can he get in so much trouble. Before you lose alot of money take my word close down your show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This is one of the reasons why Cartoon Network is struggling.

1.5
    Why Cartoon Network,why did you have to bring a terrible French animated show.I mean Tommy's head looks like Mac from Foster except Tommy have blonde hair and older than Mac by 2 years.Gus is a wanna be Cartman but he fails at doing that.His jokes is lamer than Cartman's like the one joke I heard,it goes like this
    Teacher:Where's the Yellow River located?

Gus:Why you zip your pants and find out?

See what I mean,it's basically toliet jokes aren't even funny.Also Robotboy how the heck he fight Super-Lame vilians while being a true boy.He's looks like Bubbles from PPG,and he's talks like a foriener who just learned English.The plot is also lame and leave people changing the channel in a few moments.This is LSUstinks11 telling you a good night.
  • In the words of the Comic Book Guy: Worst Show Ever!

1.5
    This stupid show is almost as bad as that lame-a** excuse for a cartoon Squirrel Boy!!! This show is flawed in MANY ways:
    1. It is a ripoff of My Life As a Teenage Robot (the robot even looks similar!!!)

2. Exagerrated Stereotypes (Kazi)

3. Lame show altogether

Now it may not be able to compete with Cousin Oliver, Scrappy Doo, & Godzooki, this show is almost as bad as all 3 combined! There is good news though; I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico! Anyways, this show is putrid & I hate it!!! That's the news & I'm outta here! FIN
  • not really interested.

1.5
    I’ll be blunt and try really hard this time, unlike other reviews, not to use a 1000 words here- ROBOTBOY SUCKS!! Simply put, Robotboy is just out to replace good shows that deserve to stay on the air on CN.

To see shows like Johnny Bravo, Foster’s, Billy and Mandy, ED, Edd and Eddy, Kid’s Next Door, and anything else that’s worth watching to me and those agreeing with me get cancelled for this should be doing something about it- something involving vandalism and violence directed at the source of CN!

AS it is, Robotboy is not only a rip-off of 2 good shows (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better!!) that do this “robots coexisting with humans” thing, it really sucks at doing this “robots coexisting with humans” thing- and that is no surprise to those with developed minds involved in watching shows about this concept.

Let me just point why it sucks-
    1.) Why does Robotboy look like a Power Puff Girl? Why can’t he speak decent English in either his normal or fighting form (which he cannot speak at all!)? Whoever created Robotboy- you suck at making robots, yo!!!

2.) Why are the story and plots, as well as action sequences, seeming and feeling so unoriginal? To answer that, it’s because the villains of this show are stupid and uncreative to boot, as they are no challenge for three kids and a girly robot.

3.) Why couldn’t this show have been like All grown Up or 6Teen in concept- especially seeing as these villains and the plots placed in front of these characters are all weak and stupid and don’t benefit nor improve anyone in need of it here? Hell, this show is so cute-looking and shallow in format, it would’ve benefit from being like All grown Up or 6Teen in concept!

4.) Even the main humans are unoriginal- Tommy’s just Average and has a brother that hates him; the girl’s just an annoying know it all who acts like she obviously does not need friends, and Gus- he is just stupid and annoying and likes to hang around people who do not agree with this fact…

Overall, even with animation from a girly show, which I liked (The Power Puff Girls) that’s great to boot, Robotboy isn’t worth watching, is unoriginal, is uncreative, ins unserious and unhilarious to boot.

What do I call this when I’ve seen better shows under the “robots coexisting with humans” thing (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better, for example.)?

Oh yeah- 2 out of 10. It only gets a 2 for its animation; otherwise this show so much less deserves that!!

F91

And thank God I did not type a 1000 words here!!!!
  • Rip-off

This show, is as best put, a big rip-off of a bunch of other TV shows, video games, & manga/anime involving the same premise & concept. Most noticeable Astroboy, Megaman, & My Life as a Teenage Robot. But the show is also just uninteresting, with uncreative, bland & rip-off characters, & a boring execution overall. Enough said.
  • This show is crap!

One of the shows that are destroying Cartoon Network.My good Cartoon Network how could you have add this crap?A story about a stupid machine saving the world from some stupid scientis and wants to become a real boy???THAT IZ SO STUPID!There also that boring kid Tommy who has a real weird head and Gus who can eat anything and they think its funny!This show has crappy episodes and really stupid ideas and really really bad drowings.I dont know why Cartoon Network added this show?They should cancel it fast or it will destroy them soon.Dont watch this show its stupid.Really stupid!One of the worset shows on Earth
  • ...and yet another unoriginal show made for money-making purposes

I really don't get why the creators are giving us such rubbish shows! I've seen this, and I was not impressed at all. The main character, Tommy is just annoying, and his best friend is even more annoying! Robotboy is just a rip-off from Jenny from the TV series "My Life as a Teenage Robot". No, I don't like that show either, but this show is just so similar to it, it's unbelieveable!

The animation style? Yawn! The style has been used many times before. Where's the creativity? What I'm trying to say is that I'm sick of these superhero shows that try to be cool! Trust me, this just isn't.

If you want to see a proper good superhero show, watch Teen Titans. That show is very good! This, however isn't worthy of my time!
  • Just like my classification agrees with me, this is nothing but a rip-off of a good idea, and an even better idea than that one… (MLAATR-good, Astro Boy- Better!!)

Let me just point why it sucks-

F91

And thank God I did not type a 1000 words here!!!
  • This cartoon brings shame to France and Great Britain!!!!

2.5
    Title: Well, it's really nice I must agree.

Theme song: nah, seen better....

Story: A robot who lives with a blonde nerd and whants to become reall boy(as if it's posible). Well, not bad, I guess...

Art: really really really bad! Tommys head is a square, Gus(blah! I hate him >:( ) has no neck, the annoying girl has such a bad hirdo that she can't see right. And the main star - robot has a head which is FOUR times BIGGER than the rest of his body!!!! Oh! Almost forgot - the main villain is JAPANESE!!!!

Humour: SUX!!!!!! The creators probably think that the only way to make children laugh is fart jokes. Seriously! It is just to gross to watch!!!

Misc: another thing for what I hate this piece of **** is violence. Violence not to people offcourse, but to animals!!!! That idiot japanese guy, who has a terrible name tortures defencless animals! In one episode he makes a gerbil really big and ugly, and then the gerbil falls into the lava, is that funny to you? If it is, you are the cruelest human alive.

In conclusion: if you know anyone who watches this show - stay away from him! He likes to torture animals, make stupid jokes and farts all day...
  • This is another Rip-Off.

2.5
    Bad storylines, bad characters, boring etc..."Robotboy" is definitely a rip-off (*hem*hem* "My Life as a Teenage Robot", no matter how 'riped-off' it may be, is better than this). Also, "Robtoboy" is not funny, and the plot is not interesting at all. The only good thing is the CGI: very well-made.

Conclusion: Definitely not the best show on CN...

• wait...

2.7
    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I saw some episodes of it and I gotta say, it is a rip-off of one of thies shows

Southpark:That kid that calls himself "THe G MAN"
    My Life As A Teen Robot:ummmm......unknown

thats all....WAiT....A japanes like villan EVIL GENUISE

this series also has some japanes in it.

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

So thats why I'm going to give it 2 Of 5
  • w0w i watched this one morning when nothing else was on and... very disappointed.

2.7
    So i was sitting on my bed about to watch some television when i could not find anything on Comedy Central, Disney, nothing. So i decided to try cartoon network. I first turned to the show and saw a little amine robot with blue features. I sort of turned my head and suddenly a kid with a huge freakin head, similar to the artistic styles of Foster\\\'s Home for Imaginary friends(since its the same artist). Then they started conversing and the robot sounded like a little asian weird thing and the kid sounded like mac from Fosters. I became really confused REALLY fast. Suddenly \\\"robot boy\\\" turned into a huge frickin destruction machine... and like wanted to kill this kid?! and it was the brother of the blonde hair kid( the owner) wtf that show is messed up. Then The kid got thrown into a wood chipper and omfg it was so weird. I just don\\\'t understand the show, the plot line, or anything. I give it a 2.7
  • Been there done that, and now there's more of it.

When you think of good shows about robots you often think Transformers, MLaaTR, and so on. However if you think of any bad robot shows most likely you think of Robotboy. Robotboy has got to be one of the most predictable, unoriginal, and uninspired shows to ever exist on the face of the Earth. The show is about a kid named Tommy Turnbull who writes a letter to Professor Moshimo and asks him about his newest invention. Professor Moshimo decides to send Tommy his latest invention Robotboy, a machine that was built to save the world. With his friends Gus, and Lola Tommy and Robotboy must fight a variety of villains, but the one they are after the most is Dr. Kamikaze. Now I can usually overlook shows with premises that have been done to death, but have new stuff in it, but not only does this show fail to do so it also throws in every cliche in the book, and has ripped off several shows. One thing you will notice very quickly in this show is how some of the character's designs are rip offs from other shows. Tommy looks like Mac from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends except with blond hair. Lola looks like Bubbles from the Power Puff Girls except black. Gus almost looks like Cartman from South Park, and sounds like him as well. Professor Moshimo looks very similar to Professor Utonium from PPG. Tommy's Mom looks almost like Dexter's mom from Dexter's lab. Robotboy looks like a cross between XJ-9, and Astro Boy. Constantine looks similar to the Asian guy (can't remember name) from Jackie Chan Adventures. Kamikaze looks almost similar to Master Roshi from DBZ. When a show can't even come up with decent character designs you know your in for a bad show. As for the characters themselves they are not developed at all, and are as generic as you can get. Tommy is typical boy who gets himself into trouble all the time. Lola is a rich and know it all girl who acts like she's better than everyone else. Tommy's parents are inattentive to their son. Tommy's brother is just a run of the mill older brother who likes to pick on Tommy. Kamikaze is evil for no reason at all. Constantine is bumbling henchman. Professor Moshimo is just a generic good scientist. Robotboy himself was just built for no reason at all. I know he's supposed to fight crime, but he also wants to be a real boy as well. We never learn anything about him, and why he wants to be a real boy. Also for a sophisticated fighting machine Robotboy has a lot of trouble speaking English. You mean to tell me that despite having thousands of weapons, fly, and can change size he can't speak English properly? That's insane, and is just a dumb moment. Robotboy is also powered by the dumbest thing, AA batteries. Did Moshimo ever hear of solar energy, or nuclear power, or I would even prefer fossil fuels just anything but batteries. I can't understand how AA batteries can do all of that, and is just such poor design for a robot. By far though the worst character on this show goes to Gus. A Cartman wannabe who sounds similar to him, and looks almost like him. Gus does not do anything that makes me like or respect him at all. All he does is act like he's cool, but isn't, he gets into fights constantly, he treats his friends and animals like nothing, and makes fart or other crude jokes in every scene he's in. He's a disgrace to South Park's Cartman, and I am surprised the creators haven't sued this show yet over copyright infringement. The stories are bland and utterly forgettable. an episode goes like this. Tommy or someone is captured, Gus acts like an idiot and tries to be funny, Robotboy comes, and saves the day, and repeat. It gets very boring very fast. The humor is very microscopic. It's mostly crude humor, but very rarely did I laugh at any of the antics of Constantine, and Kamikaze. Aside from that nothing else in this show is funny. The artwork looks bad. As I said before the character's designs are rip offs, the sets look uninspired, and the colors are washed out. The animation though is really good, and thought it flowed nicely in this show. The action scenes are decent enough, but nothing too special, and are predictable. It's just Robotboy is on the verge of defeat, he comes back, and wins. I can safely say though that new episodes of this show are never coming out in America, but I feel sorry for the people of the U.K. who still see new episodes of this show. IF you are looking for a show about robots fighting evil just see Transformers, MLaaTR, Astro Boy, or anything involving robots other than this show. This show is just bland from beginning to end, and Robotboy should be shut down, and sent to a junk yard to rust away forever.
  • A show that does not bring anything new, from what we have seen in other cartoon shows.

Personally, I like the animation style that they used for this series, because it is quite good. Plus, the super-activation mode sequence is one of the best I've seen so far, and it actually reminds me of Transformers. But then, there are really bad things about this series that makes it lame. The first being the concept of Dr. Kamikazi. Why would a mad scientist (he's actually more of a dumb scientist, than a mad one) like him, who uses all kinds of mutants and robots that he created, be interested in a robot like Robotboy, who will not obey him, unless he threatns his friends, or he brainwahses him? I mean, come on, let us be fair... The idea is just too abstract to even be true. I believe that when they created this series they had a good ideas for it, but they spoiled the series when they decided to put ideas and concepts that do not work well together. This only shows that Cartoon Network really needs to think off better ideas for their shows.
  • Nothing interesting here.

OK, I watched it this and it isn't very exciting. We have some robot which is friend with some kid called Tommy and his comedic sidekick Gus, and thay, of course, keep their secret from their parents. Tommy is a normal boy(although he is much more smart and responsible for his age), and Gus is just an ultra-stupid version of Cartman(they even has a similiar voice). Of course, Gus isn't even close to Cartman, and jokes are usually about his obsesion with eating, even some very gross things. Humour is very plain. They sometimes fight with some "comedic" villian and his sidekick and his army of frogs or whatever. The villian, of course, wants to steal that robot, and action part is very lame. Voice acting and animation are averge, nothing special.
  • Three words: WORST SHOW EVER!!!!!

3.2
    What a terrible show, man! The creator of this show copied Mac off of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends because Mac and Tommy have the same shaped head! Who in the right mind who want to buy into this cartoon junk? Do not watch this show. Because the first few seconds of this show you watch swallows your mind whole.
  • Astroboy meets Gigantor meets Transformers meets Dexter's Lab, and anything else you can think of!

3.5
    NOTE: The 'Summary' is switched with popsytm's summary, above, but only in the show-all view.

============

As you may have guessed from my 'Summary', this series about a robot (with the astonishingly lame name 'Robotboy') that can change from a cute toy to a larger, fully armed, destructive weapon, has pretty much been done before.

Robotboy is entrusted into the hands of a young boy (yeah, like every 10 year old gets to play with a one-of-a-kind, multi-million dollar, potential weapon of mass destruction!).

The biggest problem is that whoever controls Robotboy can make him either good or evil, so he has no free will. And his batteries need constant charging. Hasn't anyone heard of solar or nuclear power?

The boy and his friends are trite (very much like the 'Scoobies' in "American Dragon:Jake Long" or "Danny Phantom"), as are the bad guys, of which there isn't much variety, and the plots, dialogue, and artwork aren't much to talk about, either.
  • I sort of have mixed feelings about this show. Not horrible, but not good, either.

3.7
    "Robotboy" isn't the best show on Cartoon Network, but I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about it. I love the idea of a cute little robot coming to live and play with children--kind of like a 21st-century "Pinocchio"--but at the same time I dislike some of the qualities the show has to offer. Usually I never say "no" to a cartoon show, other than "Kim Possible", but...I just don't know about this one. Allow me to explain, please.

The first thing I don't like is the villains. I mean, honestly. Dr. Kamakazi is just a pathetic excuse for a villain; it's almost like he's not even TRYING. Constantine is funny, but I feel that that's all he's really there FOR--the backup comic relief. Whenever Robotboy fights him or his minions, it's always way too easy. A couple kicks there, a few punches there, and blammo, we're done, the day is saved, yay, whoohoo. I mean, come ON, already. If he's the evil genius his reputation STATES I'd expect him to put up a bit of a fight once in awhile, you dig? Robotboy can do so much more with his special powers, but he's being held back by all the pathetic villains that come his way. What fun is that?!

Another thing I don't like is the character designs--they remind me WAY too much of other cartoon shows. Tommy looks like a blonde version of Mac from "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", Lola looks like someone out of "The PowerPuff Girls", and Gus sounds almost exactly like Cartman--and acts like him, too, minus the cursing. Robotboy himself reminds me of the spawn of XJ-9 (My Life as a Teenage Robot) and a PowerPuff Girl, with Ling-Ling (Drawn Together)'s voice, only in English. It kind of annoys me, in a way.

The animation isn't very smooth, either--it's kind of blocky and strange. Probably a mixture of Flash animation and traditional gone wrong, that's what it is.

So, there you have it. I like it and I don't like it. I have neutral feelings. Robotboy deserves so much more than this, and I hope that it becomes evident in the future.
< 1 2 3