Rock Rivals

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ITV Premiered Mar 05, 2008 Between Seasons

Rock Rivals Fan Reviews (2)

7.8
  • A complete guilty pleasure! "Rock Rivals" is glossy, superficial and all the more fantastic for it!

After seeing numerous trailers for RR, I decided to tune in for the pilot episode just to see if it was worth all the hype. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, everything about it is tacky and over-the-top, but that's exactly how it's supposed to be, and the show makes no apologies for it. With more than a couple of similarities to past ITV favourite "Footballer's Wives", the show revolves around a fictional TV talent show called "Rock Rivals" and the trials and tribulations of both the panel judges and the contestants. Michelle Collins is brilliantly cast as the polished Karina Faith, one of the panel judges, with Sean Gallagher is cast alongside her as fellow judge and husband, Mal Faith. The interaction between the two characters is humorous with their dialogue dripping with innuendo and sarcasm. Although it may be early days in the series, I am thoroughly enjoying it so far and will continue to tune in as long as the writing remains as entertaining as it has been so far. Good fun.
  • A drama about a fictional singing competition in which the judges Mal and Karina are a married couple who are in a bitter argument after Mal was caught cheating.Both are using the show to prove they are the ultimate winner in the relationship.

At the beginning I really enjoyed this drama and thought it was brilliantly done and had a great story line but as the weeks past I began to notice a pattern.Every episode is like a replica of another for instance in the first episode they broke up after the affair was revealed but then they ended up back together only for it to occur again.I think there are some very talented actors and actresses involved in this show although the storylines are dramatically falling.I really feel as if the whole plot has just become boring and dull,there is nothing new occuring in the programme and week after week it's the same concept and same drama resulting in lack of interest from viewers and I am not sad to see the final episode very soon.