Rock Rivals

Wednesday 9:00 PM on ITV Premiered Mar 05, 2008 Between Seasons

Rock Rivals Fan Reviews (2)

7.8
  • A complete guilty pleasure! "Rock Rivals" is glossy, superficial and all the more fantastic for it!

After seeing numerous trailers for RR, I decided to tune in for the pilot episode just to see if it was worth all the hype. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, everything about it is tacky and over-the-top, but that's exactly how it's supposed to be, and the show makes no apologies for it. With more than a couple of similarities to past ITV favourite "Footballer's Wives", the show revolves around a fictional TV talent show called "Rock Rivals" and the trials and tribulations of both the panel judges and the contestants. Michelle Collins is brilliantly cast as the polished Karina Faith, one of the panel judges, with Sean Gallagher is cast alongside her as fellow judge and husband, Mal Faith. The interaction between the two characters is humorous with their dialogue dripping with innuendo and sarcasm. Although it may be early days in the series, I am thoroughly enjoying it so far and will continue to tune in as long as the writing remains as entertaining as it has been so far. Good fun.