Rock Star Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Booo!

freaksngeeks

[1]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 20
    Big Mistake not picking Toby. He was obviously the most entertaining performer. No contest. The others seemed to be acting. I had to turn it off when they started to perform with the winner. That guys voice is horrible.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

icebreaker3d

[2]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    Toby was my favorite as well. I am sure Lukas will do a great job as lead singer. I know Toby Rand will have a solo carrier that will ROCK!

AprilFox

[3]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 109
    I agree I enjoyed Toby's performances the best. Magni and Dilana had the best voices, Lukas too if only he didn't use his gravelly tone so much, his voice is actually very beautiful if you listen to it at Youtube. Did anyone else notice that Dilana when asked to front the house band for the Supernova tour (okay a judge says they have to change their name) that she never responded to it only to the album suggestion by Gilbey and Dave? I don't think the house band cares for her too much (diva comes to mind). But I do see Magni fronting for them, they seem to have a great rapor. I also enjoyed Toby calling on Magni to come out and jam with his song. Cool guys! The chick is a problem (and has one two or three! LOL).

HappyYellowBall

[4]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 55
    freaksngeeks wrote:
    Big Mistake not picking Toby. He was obviously the most entertaining performer. No contest.
    I'll disagree, I'd rather hear Toby doing Toby's stuff NOT Supernova's (same with Magni, Storm, Ryan)
    freaksngeeks wrote:
    I had to turn it off when they started to perform with the winner. That guys voice is horrible.
    I can't disagree with that.

mtjaws

[5]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    Toby had the most energy and interaction with the crowd, and he greatly improved over the summer. His "Throw It Away" song is amazing.

Lukas, my favorite at the beginning, struggled some, but still has enough power to belt out the songs. I like his "Headspin" but not acoustically.

Dilana rarely faltered, but I couldn't stand that gravel pit of a voice. At least "Roxanne" showed something different. Very happy she lost.

Magni is good, but not engaging enough to front Supernova(TM).

Now I can't wait to see what they create for season 3.

kini_113

[6]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    I think toby will have solo carrer that will outlast and even outshine Supernova. He's better on his own. I think Lucas is a good fit for Supernova, but really can a newcomer walk into a group of legends and survive?

LilMilton

[7]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 13
    At one point or another I favored each of the final four. Magni is so powerful a singer, but I think the guys' assessment that he fits IN with the band rather than FRONTING it is correct. Dilana had me until she pulled the pity stunt after screwing up during the interview. All her efforts to curry favor from the Rockers she slammed fell flat. I don't think I could stand watching her hop around stage for two hours. Lukas had me from the start then lost me. I'm still not a huge fan of his, especially how he falls around the stage like a drunkard, but I obviously don't lilve with the decision like Supernova will. And Toby, dear Toby--he just kept getting better. I thought he was the most creative of the four. He certainly gave some consistently powerful performances. I was stunned when the band let him go at #3. I hope he makes it BIG as a solo artist. I'd painted EVS all over my body and pay to see him! Toby needs to collaborate with Magni--that would be HOT!!

savage01

[8]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 3
    ill have to disagree with your comment, toby wasnt the best entertainer, i think lukas or dilana was but that is my opinion and i think lukas was the right pick, but i also thought ryan "the dark horse" would have as well but thats my opinion it was a great season cant wait till next season

freaksngeeks

[9]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 20
    Actually, you're right, Toby should be thankful he didn't get picked, I too think he'll be around for a while, plus, he'll be huge down under.

RJ-viewer

[10]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 51
    None of the Supernova songs were memorable. I'd like to hear a number of the original songs, but I'm not anxious to hear any of the Supernova songs.

lonely4000

[11]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 12

i liked toby..... if he brings his song out i will be buying it for sure....

otimeche

[12]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 31
    I also think that the best for Toby was not being the winner... he has so much potential!

RagDolly

[13]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 21
    Yeah Toby is pretty good.

Glaceo

[14]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 22
    I think Toby was good, but still not right for the band. He was too happy-go-lucky, for them altogether. Dilana or Lukas seemed like the right choice, although i still dont remember any of the supernova songs.

Someone said it up, i too think the originals were better and i remember many of them, and liked many of them too.. *cough cough what the f**k is ladylike cough cough*

But Toby should be really big as a solo artist.