Rock Star Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

i can tell u right now i am not watching it next season

cgurl88

[1]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    bcuz the bands are very screwed up with their choices the can see talent and they pick the most obnoxious person. Its not even worth watching anymore they have the winner set from the beginning. I AM SO SICK OF THIS CRAP.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maxpower144

[2]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 60
    I'll miss you.

cgurl88

[3]Sep 14, 2006
    lol why?

maxpower144

[4]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 60
    ... because you won't be here next year... and you have always been the voice of reason around this site. Everything you have posted makes so much sense. Without your insight I don't think I would have enjoyed this board so much over the past weeks.
    Edited on 09/14/2006 7:10pm

Wast0id

[5]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 6
    I suppose i will watch next season. However I am noting that in 2 seasons now, the person i least wanted to win has prevailed.

Glaceo

[6]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 22
    Wast0id wrote:
    I suppose i will watch next season. However I am noting that in 2 seasons now, the person i least wanted to win has prevailed.

lol, that is so true. i actually didnt see season 1, but my brother got me into it, i just saw the last episode of season 1. and the dude i didnt one to win, won.

and in season 2:
    i wanted zayra to win. she got eliminated.
    i wanted storm to win. she got eliminated.
    i was confused.
    then, i wanted lukas to win. he won, but by that time i had already wanted dilana to win. why god why?

lol.. but im definitely watchin season 3. season2 got me into hearing a lot more songs, and storm and zayra *drools*... well you get the point.

cgurl88

[7]Sep 15, 2006
    lol ya i get the point

Evaaa

[8]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    geez you guys are haters so what 2 canadians win and lukas fits the group and so did toby but a girl could never front the group...to be honest maybe next year they can have a mix gender group

cgurl88

[9]Sep 15, 2006
    a girl could have fronted the group but they didnt want someone with TALENT so Lukas was the obvious choice from the begining.

kaya111

[10]Sep 16, 2006
    I've enjoyed the last 2 seasons of this show so much - it helps that my picks have won both years BUT besides that - the music is awesome (covers done on this show blow any idol show around out of the water) and the talent is excellent. It would be disappointing to lose favourite but with such talented people on there I wouldn't feel too bad. This show "rocks"!

guywiththeeye

[11]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 4
    Lukas clearly has talent, he's just not your style.  He must have talent to beat out 25,000 people come on. 

cgurl88

[12]Sep 16, 2006
    i dont agree

NCISisLOVE

[13]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    cgurl88 wrote:
    i dont agree

I don't really agree either,
    JD, I didn't like him at the beginning of the season, but i knew he was going to win, Why? I don't know, but i just did
    Same with Lukas
    I am really ticked off though at how sexist the show is getting, I mean they haven't had a girl in either band, Well INXS i can understand i mean they were together, but Supernova what with the comments and all, jeez lousie they were just a little on the over the line sort of side...

noahcrash

[14]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 19
    NCISisLOVE wrote:
    cgurl88 wrote:
    i dont agree

JD, I didn't like him at the beginning of the season, but i knew he was going to win, Why? I don't know, but i just did
    Same with Lukas
    I am really ticked off though at how sexist the show is getting, I mean they haven't had a girl in either band, Well INXS i can understand i mean they were together, but Supernova what with the comments and all, jeez lousie they were just a little on the over the line sort of side...

They went over the line a few times with their comments. Dilana was far superior vocally but Lukas had a di**! Basically, every girl there was there to turn them on a few weeks. Sexism has been rampant in rock n roll forever (unless the rock babe was blowing the musician). I'm not trying to over-read into this. I'm just saying that I am not surprised a guy won!

Glaceo

[15]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 22
    noahcrash wrote:
    NCISisLOVE wrote:
    cgurl88 wrote:
    i dont agree

Same with Lukas

Yeah, me neither.

They went over the line a few times with their comments. Dilana was far superior vocally but Lukas had a di**! Basically, every girl there was there to turn them on a few weeks. Sexism has been rampant in rock n roll forever (unless the rock babe was blowing the musician). I'm not trying to over-read into this. I'm just saying that I am not surprised a guy won!

MetalSmasher86

[16]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 18
    I missed the INXS season, but I was there for last season with Supernova. Frankly, I'm not sure I agree with Supernova's choice to draft Lukas into the band either, but I will still watch next season for sure. There were a few songs from the show I haven't heard in quite a while and it helped me remember how great those songs really are, and I've also been introduced to some new bands and songs (at least new to me). So why ruin a good thing? Count me in for next season.