Rock Star Forums

Monday 9:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

why they wont make it

lonely4000

[1]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 12

last years rock star inxs saw JD win and now that he is the front singer of the australian band. they group has not gone off like they thought, in australia, inxs has released one song in a year and it wasn't a hit. now with supernova choosing another candian i cant see them making it very big either

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kells77

[2]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 3

wow, that is just racest.  I liked alot of people in this contest and I didnt care where the individal came from.  I hope you have a better reason to think they are going to fail otherwise that is just sad.

RJ-viewer

[3]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 51
    kells77 wrote:

wow, that is just racest.  I liked alot of people in this contest and I didnt care where the individal came from.  I hope you have a better reason to think they are going to fail otherwise that is just sad.

We touched on this in a previous discussion, but I'll repeat it here. "Canadian" is not a race.

I was going to say more, but that pretty much covers it.

krazy4crack

[4]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 51
    Well Canadian is not a race but saying that Canadians don't make these bands work is pretty somethinG!

I didn't want Lucas to front Supernova but I'll admit he was good. I wanted Magni to win so bad!

hibernia

[5]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    INXS is at a point in their careers where they don't need a whole lot of radio success to still be successful... And the music world does not revolve around Australia either. "Pretty Vegas" was a huge hit in other parts of the world. "Afterglow" got a lot of airplay as well.

You can be sure that INXS got what they wanted from the show. They managed to get back in the public eye, release a multi-platinum CD... that everyone I know who's listened to it, thinks is very strong... and a year later are still touring strong in support of with sold out shows all over the world. Radio isn't the be all, end all in the music business anymore.

To be honest, I expect the same thing from "SuperNova" too. Of course, their only problem is that they won't have their name to help out... unless they call the album Supernova.

cgurl88

[6]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 10

Canadians could be successes just not these 2, espcecially Lukas bcuz he has NO TALENT WHATSOEVER!!!!!

lonely4000

[7]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 12
    how is calling someone Canadian racist!!!! if i was racist i would of called him white!!! plus what else are u suppose to call them..... its just like calling people in america , american's and people in australia, australians...
    how is that racist?????
    so if i call someone australian im being racist to my own counrty????

RagDolly

[8]Sep 15, 2006
    • level: 21

Lukas doesn't suck becaues he's Canadian He sucks because he can't sing right.

there are a lot of good singers from Canada

cgurl88

[9]Sep 15, 2006
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!

noahcrash

[10]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 19
    In agreeance!

maxpower144

[11]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 60
    Unfortunately I think that this thread is way off, as I have heard the new Supernova tracks (just go to their web site) and they are tight. It is more than obvious to me that Supernova chose the right person and they knew exactly what they were doing when they chose Lukas. Unfortunately, in the reality show format viewers can be left with different impressions, but the final product has turned out way above expectations.

cgurl88

[12]Sep 16, 2006
    well thats ur opinion but the people in this thread dont agree with u

mautie

[13]Sep 17, 2006
    • level: 8
    lonely4000 wrote:

last years rock star inxs saw JD win and now that he is the front singer of the australian band. they group has not gone off like they thought, in australia, inxs has released one song in a year and it wasn't a hit. now with supernova choosing another candian i cant see them making it very big either

Actually, INXS released two singles here in Aus since Rock Star. both were chart hits, and Pretty Vegas hung around the charts for a loooong time! And here the charts are still sales-based, not radio airplay counts.
    Also their album was certified platinum here and, as you can see, is still in the Top 50:
    http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display.asp?chart=1A50

They are currently on tour here, playing two sell out shows this week in Melb (however the venue is a far cry from their stadium days) and they still make the covers of music mags here...

Supernova however... were they ever gonna 'make it'? With or without a Canadian. I think this season's Rock Star will launch solo careers more successful than the band formerly known as Supernova. Moreso than last year, the biggest solo success they can boast is Mig's dreary album of ACR covers!