Rock Star

Looking Out For Number One

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jul 18, 2006 on CBS

• Not a good performance show.

This wasn't a very good episode, just average, since there were only a couple of good performances.

My personal favorite was Dilana, she did a great job with Zombie, great vocals and a unique performance as she always does.

Although the judges didn't like Toby's Runaway Train I have to say that for me it was great, I love that song and he did a great job with it. Off course I know that's not the right path for the band, but I liked it.

I didn't undertand how the band liked Zayra version of Everybody Hurts! I hated it just as Josh's Come as You Are that I thought it was really painful to listen.

I hope next week it gets better again.

• Best part of the show was when they were fighting.

7.4
    The most interesting part of this performance episode was the beginning where we saw the two girls fight over the song, "Helter Skelter." I would have to say that the girl that ended up singing it did a great job. The other good (not great) performance was the girl who did the Cranberries song.

Other than that, nothing really stuck out in my mind as being a great performance. The male that sang Nirvana's "Come As You Are" stayed too true to Kurt Cobain's version. It would have been nice to see him put his own twist on this song.

One side note--I loved the newly single, Dave Navarro, and his blatant flirting with Brooke Burke and performer, Storm Large.