Rocko's Modern Life

Nickelodeon (ended 1996)

mysterytipster

Rocko's Modern Life Fan Reviews page 7 of 7

• Rocko, a wallaby, moves to America from Australia, where he encounters crazy things every day with his friends Heffer the steer and Filburt the turtle.

As a kid, I loved this show, but I didn't realize it's perfection until I grew up. There is a lot of humor hidden in with the the rest of the obvious jokes. Seriously, you can watch an episode 20 times, and each time hear/see/realize a new joke that you hadn't before. The characters are goofy and the plots are zany; all you need for an awesome cartoon. There's too much to be said about this show, so I'll cut to the chase. "Rocko's Modern Life" was a perfect blend of hilarious antics and light social commentary. I guess you could call it stupidity with substance, but I'd just call it a masterpiece.
  • Oh man, I loved this show.

This show was hilarious. This show was like a diary of the exploits of a rather shy and friendly wallaby named Rocko, only in painful detail as to everything that could possibly go wrong in one's life. Each episode went through a certain event in Rocko's life, and in each story, Rocko suffered so much before finally accomplishing what he had set out to do.

Rocko had a pet dog named Spunky that was dumb as dirt, as well as two friends, Philbert the nerdy turtle, and Heffer the steer. Philbert usually came to Rocko with a problem, asking for help, but Heffer, with his chronic eating, would cause so much trouble that I don't know why Rocko bothered keeping him around.

This show was so great because of the torture that Rocko was put through for the sake of his friends, or sometimes, simply because he was too nice a guy to complain. But I believe that it was because of all this that the show was cancelled. I'd like to think I wasn't just some mentally unbalanced child for liking this show, but I really did enjoy the slapstick taken to new extremes, and I hope I'm not the only one. If there were any justice on this earth, this show would still be on the air well into it's umpteenth season.
  • THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER NEXT TO CAMP LAZLO AND SPONGEBOB. DO ITS THIRD. WHATEVER. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW TO ENJOY THE SHOW IS THAT THE SHOW IS ABOUT A WALLABY WHO GOES TO MODERN LIFE BECHAUSE OF BULLY TROUBLE. YOU SHOULD LOVE ROCKOS MODERN LIFE. Ready? G

This is a good show. I might have given away too much in the summary, but the other thing you need to know is that there\\\\\\\'s a adopted cow named Heffer Wolfe and a turtle named Filbur. Thier angrey nieghboors are called Ed and Bev bighead.. Rocko works at a comic book store called Kind-of-a-lot of comics. Go watch it now!!!
  • Love this show

Best show on nick ever. Every character is perfect this show is great i still love it. I love every single episode. Hefer, Philbert, Mr and Mrs Big head, rocko are all so great. If u dont love this show i honestly feel there is something wrong with you. Gottta love it
  • When I was a kid, I was in love with this show. The whole show itself is hilarious. They should certainly show re-runs.

I think that the show was great, every episode was entertaining. I loved the show and I never forgot it, I saw a couple of re-runs a couple years back and I think even for a cartoon it is "adult-ish". This wacky out of this world classic should be seen by every kid in America, I know they would like it.

Nick
  • Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Without Rocko, Nick is nothing. Possibly one of the cartoons to ever appear on TV. But why? Oh, I'll show you... (Spoiler Free)

I was young when I first saw Rocko in '96. It was the first cartoon I was ever obsessed with. However, I didn't get to see it much, thanks to my dad's hatred of even the smallest hints of adult humor in a kid's cartoon. But when dad went to work, my mom would let me watch my Rocko video on loop (and it even contained the infamous "milking scene!"). And I would shut up for the rest of the day.

And you know what?

I still love it.

This show as too many qualities for me to list, it's just pure brilliance. It was overlooked by Nick and ended before what I think was its time. It's a sad though, the channel went downhill when Rocko was cancelled. When I first got Nicktoons TV, I was overjoyed - Rockjo was never played at all anymore, and now I had 2 episodes a day. My fandom grew even larger.

I have seen almost every episode, and I never get tired of this series. And you know what? I don't think I ever will.
  • Nasty but funny