Rocko's Modern Life

Nickelodeon (ended 1996)

mysterytipster

Rocko's Modern Life Fan Reviews (189)

• Horrible crap

This is an horrible crap, with poor drawings and not so much humor. I think SpongeBob SquarePants is a loooooooooot better than this terrible and famous cartoon. I don´t like to watch that poor animation, I recently saw an episode and I couldn´t stand it. It didn´t made me laugh a bit, I was not pleased to see this so called "classic", wich every American loved when kid. And in the place I live nobody liked it more than SpongeBob. And SpongeBob has less score because many persons think he is ga... and hates him, but no one hates Rocko. Disagree all you want I don´t care a bit! Because definitely is not good at all. I don´t like this thing.
  • I do not like this show. Sorry.

3.3
    I seriously don't know why people like this show. It's just another show about an animal and his life. Well, Spongebob's that too but that's sea creatures. I'm talking about land creatures acting like humans who just try to live their normal life. Other examples of this are the Angry Beavers, the Ren and Stimpy Show, and others. Anyway, I just don't enjoy the characters except for Rocko, which I actually feel sorry for because he's constantly trying to do something but one of his friends just always messes it up for him. And the plots for the show are just wierd and random, and I don't know, it's just not entertaining to me. So that's all I have to say.
  • Well,people out there who don't like this show,your wrong.

Okay,I think this show is fine to me.Rocko is cool of his look and Heffer is kind of cool how he looks too.It's a very classic show that's fine to me like Hey Arnold.The frog people were not very good characters of how they look.The theme song at the beginning of this show is fine.Everything is very fine to me.It's very better than those classic shows on Cartoon Network.It's kicking Johnny Bravo's butt and it's better than Hey Arnold.I give this show a B because not only it's not one of my favorite shows,it's fine to me of everything in this show.
  • It was an okay show. I barely remember it because the last time I saw an un-holiday episode was when I was 4 or 6. And I am currently 12.

I witty show. I didn't get the jokes back then, but when I see it online from time to time, I sorta understand them. Why did the show go so soon? Well, Nick wanted shows that had more child-oriented humor. Rocko didn't have that kid humor, I admit. But it was nice and made you pay it your attention. Adults could laugh at it, while us kids were straining to gain meaning of the joke. But that was the fun of it all.

When I first watched the show, I was like: "Okay. Rocko is a made-up thing called a wallaby and Heffer is a yellow thing." Silly, I know. But that was what I saw. And although I know the truth now, I still like to see it the way I first saw it.
  • it's okay it's not that good in my opinion

6.9
    it is good and funny and crazy in the same, it was a little before my time but i've seen the reruns and some of the episodes i'm not to crazy about but it's a good show kinda i'll watch it when it comes on, I wouldn't exactly call it my favorite but i like.
  • Oh man, I loved this show.

This show was hilarious. This show was like a diary of the exploits of a rather shy and friendly wallaby named Rocko, only in painful detail as to everything that could possibly go wrong in one's life. Each episode went through a certain event in Rocko's life, and in each story, Rocko suffered so much before finally accomplishing what he had set out to do.

Rocko had a pet dog named Spunky that was dumb as dirt, as well as two friends, Philbert the nerdy turtle, and Heffer the steer. Philbert usually came to Rocko with a problem, asking for help, but Heffer, with his chronic eating, would cause so much trouble that I don't know why Rocko bothered keeping him around.

This show was so great because of the torture that Rocko was put through for the sake of his friends, or sometimes, simply because he was too nice a guy to complain. But I believe that it was because of all this that the show was cancelled. I'd like to think I wasn't just some mentally unbalanced child for liking this show, but I really did enjoy the slapstick taken to new extremes, and I hope I'm not the only one. If there were any justice on this earth, this show would still be on the air well into it's umpteenth season.
  • Rockos Modern Life Complete Seasons All 8 DVD for Sale at Yahoo Auction. auctions.yahoo.com. That's every Episodes that was made. The total is $17 WOW! all you have to do is sign up and bid. These are Video DVD that will play in your home DVD Player

Rockos Modern Life Complete Seasons All 8 DVD for Sale at Yahoo Auction. auctions.yahoo.com. That's every Episodes that was made. The total price is $17 WOW!!! that is very cheap. all you have to do is sign up and bid. You will not find it anywere for less then this. This is the best deal. These are Video DVD that will play in your home DVD Player
  • This was one of my favorite shows growing up. It was funny, creative and entertaining as well.

Rocko's Modern Life to say the least had a very interesting cast of characters, from the mild mannered wallaby Rocko, the gluttonous steer Heffer, to the egotistical turtle Filbert. The thing I loved most about these 3 is when Heffer and Filburt would argue and fight. There's just something downright hilarious about them getting each other's faces and brawling. XD. Another thing I loved about this show was the Bigheads, especially Ed. He was just such a loudmouth jerk that you loved to see him getting his just comeuppance. Bev was another I kinda liked, although I thought she was too flirtatious with other men while married.

I even enjoyed the character Dr. Hutchison. Although, I do wonder why she married Filburt. Kinda of a bizarre pairing I have to admit.

Anyway, this show was one of the better ones from the 90's.
  • While I don't think Rocko's Modern Life lives quite up to the hype surrounding it, it's still a very good show.

7.9
    While it is still not on par with some of the great prime time adult cartoons like "The Simpsons", "Futurama", or "South Park" or other stuff of today like "Spongebob Squarepants", there are still a lot of things to like about RML. The show has this sense of absurdity (mostly things that go around in the background, or double entendres) that appeals to audiences. The characters are likable, they're not the deepest but they can slightly relate to people in real life (if they were animals and comical). Rocko is a nice, somewhat timid guy, Heffer can be really funny, a little obnoxious (but not in a way where it gets annoying), Filbert is funny just to LOOK at (and the fights between him and Heffer are fun to watch). The show often has random surprises, like background characters who go insane for no reason, references to production on the show ("Which is funnier, bananas or cheese?") and sometimes adult jokes. The voice acting is excellent, with Carlos Alazraqui (AKA James Garcia from Reno 911) as Rocko, with a shrill Austrailian-accented wallaby who can go mad whenever he has to. The ever-so-wonderful Tom Kenny as Heffer, as overdramatic and deep fat guy voice. Kenny also provides the voices of pretty much every other voice in the show (seriously!), but a lot of them sound very different, which is nice. Mr. Lawrence, also one of the writers, plays Filbert as a neurotic nerdy turtle (note that Lawrence also wears glasses). Charlie Bighead is able to play both Ed AND Bev Bighead. He is very talented at playing the two off each other and it really does seem like two different characters are talking to each other. Linda Wallem, in her only voice over role to date, plays most of the female characters, including Dr. Hutchinson, and is able to do perky, maternal, or husky characters. On a side note, Wallem is one of the creators of "That 70's Show." Rocko's Modern Life is definitely worth a look.
  • Rocko was part of Nickelodeon's golden era.

I miss this show when this Rocko was cancelled,
    Nickelodeon stopped showing good shows more and more. Rocko's modern Life is about a wallaby born and raised in Australia. Rocko came to America because he was biend bullied by a guy named Dingo. Since Rocko made his move he got a job at a comic store and made some wierd friends.
    Heffer is Rocko's best friend, he's a steer, he's a fat, dirty slob. Filburt is a nerdy, neurotic turtle, he's also one of Rocko's friends. Spunky is Rocko's dog, he's not the brightest of dog's, he's dumb enough to drink his on saliva. Ed and Bev Bighead are Rocko's nieghbors, Bev is pretty nice to Rocko and Ed just does'nt like Rocko. I miss Rocko, most of Nick's good cartoon's are gone, it's a real good show.
  • This added on to the Golden age of television

This show was definitely off the wall. I cannot remember the last time I saw this funny TV show, but hey, it was one of my favorites indefinitely. The little blue turtle dude (I’m sorry I forget his name) that was always so self insecure always going "I’m noxious, I’m noxious" was one of my favorites. Heffer to Rocko was like Patrick star to Sponge bob. Heffer is just not as torpid or slow as Patrick. Rocko is very humble and is not always as assertive as he should be. That’s also the reason he left his native continent Australia, because of the truculent behavior of a dingo called Dingo. Rocko also has a pet dog that is really barren and silly though Rocko cares lots for this dog. Rocko is about the only mild mannered individual in the whole city of O-town. He then finds himself standing up for the things that are most important, and goes beyond political boundaries. I know, it sound pretty deep for an off the wall cartoon but that's what makes it so worth while
  • Great show.

The show always puts a smile on my face. Until they canceled it. I don't know why. It's a great show. It's very funny and is kid - friendly as well. Perhaps there are some episodes on youtube. Anyway, this show is one of Nickelodeon's classic shows that they canceled for an unknown reason. The show gives you a good laugh, and of course the animation wasn't great! It was an old cartoon, for crying out loud! But it more than makes up for that with an interesting plot. Unique characters and funny lines.
  • about a wallaby named rocko that moves to the united states and makes new friends

I love this show I can remember when I was younger when they put it on but for some reason they took it off I wish they would bring it back and maybe even make new episodes I just like the way it was drawn and put together some very good humor and episodes heffer I thought was especially funny when he used to make rocko mad or somthing and the dog was funny to this has to be one off the best shows ever aired on nick shold be brought back as soon as possible many people would be happy
  • Ah, Rocko, another great Nick show that was fun to watch.

Rocko's Modern Life WAs a show about a wallaby named Rocko who lives a hard going life in the US. His friends, Heffer and Filburt, will often help him with his problems, or at least try to. Perhaps this show isn't quite for everyone as you do have to sometimes feel sorry for Rocko, but I am able to appreciate it for it's wacky, zany humour. It also notably contains quite a bit of sexual innuendo, which was not uncommon for some children's cartoons around the time. Just look at Ren and Stimpy. XD so I guess that concludes my review of Rocko. Another great Nick show that was fun to watch.
  • It's about a wallby named Rocko

Rocko's Modern Life is one of the best cartoons on Nickolodeon, if not the best. The show is very funny and it has a lot of great plots in it. One thing I don't like is the show is still not on DVD. Is it that hard to put it on DVD. It was one of Nickolodeon's best catoons. And i think Nickolodeon should have renewed the show for a few more seasons. But Joe Murray wanted to be with his family more. And I don't blame him. Murray is now working on Camp Lazlo. The person who plays Rocko plays the also the main character in Camp Lazlo. Rocko's Modern Life is a great show and Camp Lazlo. But I like Rocko's Modern Life more.
  • Another great cartoon starring a very loving walabi and his clumsy friends.

Another great show I watched on Nickelodeon. The characters are so incredible, we have Rocko who you would think is a dog but in reality is a wallaby (something like a kangaroo but smaller): Rocko is a great person, never hurting anyone and always willing to help his friends and whoever comes in his way with a problem. He is also very relaxed and easygoing. His best friend, Hefner, is a cow with serious personality issues who is always causing trouble in Rocko's life. He is clumsy but never means harm. What i love abut this show is that the stories are so original and the art is very detailed and unique.
  • Whoever thought of Rocko the kangaroo? Well, the fans. Rocko is COOL!

Rocko's Modern Life appeared on Nickelodeon in 1993 and ended in Thanksgiving 1996. Shame it ended. I want it back, now. The reason why is because of 5 things:
    1. I want new episodes.
    2. Joe Murray, evgen if you're making new episodes for Camp Lazlo on cartoon network, you can make a crossover special.
    3. You can ask Nick to bring it back.
    4. Well, to remark this, I would like to say, Continue.
    5. No comment here.

Even if you say it sucked, I think it rocked. Everyone loves Rocko, including me.

Even if he had a modern life, he had a great show for Nickelodeon.
  • This show was about Rocko a wallaby with his pal a cow named Hef and the turtle (which I can't remember his name). Well this show is about their whacky adventures.

I used to love this show when it was on it used to make me laugh for reasons that I don't know why. The way the plot always went was always a litte off tune with the rest of the shows. That is why I gave this a 9. I wish there were more shows like this on tv because there is only so many times you can watch Spongebob.
  • Rocko's Modern Life is IMO one of the greatest cartoon shows ever!

I think the thing that makes Rocko's Modern Life so addictive is the fact that the show has a dark sense of witty humor that is rarely seen in cartoons today. It had a crude art style, a derranged story, and charecters that really didn't look right together for instance a steer and a wallabe, and a turtle.

Along with that I think the fact that Rocko's house will literally explode or be trashed one moment, but then it will be fine maybe 5 mins later. Its little things like that, that make the show so great. Theres no need to worry about the things that suck in life, its basically just having fun with its surroundings and creating a living breathing world without worry or despair. Overall its one of the most enjoyable cartoons of the last decade, and its sad it didn't last as long as it should have. Long Live Rocko and his Friends!
  • There are a lot of things in this show that I didn't understand a little guy, but understand now!

Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite show as a kid. So many pointless episodes. I did find the show a little disgusting because of the gore. But that didn't disturb me more than Ren & Stimpy! Anyway, like I said before, there have been a lot of things that I didn't quite understand when I saw it when I was a kid. I watched one just recently. About the one when he was trying to find a new job. And, I realized in one of his jobs, he was a phone sex operator! At least I think! But the show was pretty funny because all the character weren't all that bright. And all the perverted things they put in it. Rocko's Modern Life was a great show, and I wish they wouldn't have stopped making episodes. Every time when it's on, of course I tend to watch it!
  • I miss this show...

As a little kid I watched this all the time, Nick really needs to return it because it's a Nick classic just like Ren and Stimpy. It's so depressing thinking about all the old shows like Are you afraid of the Dark? and Legends of the Hidden Temple and looking at Nick today and their crappy Catscratch and the X's.
  • Quality Cartoon!

I have been watching this show more than spondgebob since my early childhood. I love shows that past the limits. This show is a classic that deserves to be aired for quite a while. 10 out of 10 Quality Fancyi butches! Too bad cartoons these days blow so bad thay should be burned.
  • Hilarious childhood classic which holds up perfectly after 15 years.

Turn the page, wash your hands.

This show defined a year or two of my childhood. It is a gem of the early nineties and is among the best shows ever made during the golden age of Nickelodeon (much better than the nonsense they broadcast these days) including such greats as Ren & Stimpy, Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains It All, Hey Dude, Roundhouse, Wild 'N Crazy Kids, Nick Arcade, et al.. I absolutely love the entire run of the series and it deserves to be made into a proper DVD set (I know I'd first in line for this one).
  • Loved this show since I was a kid

This show came on in 1993, when I was 4 or 5. Since that day, me and my older sister and my family loved it! We sometimes watch this show on NN, and still laugh hysterically. It really beats the disgusting new garbage on TV these days
    My favorite episodes are Wacky Deli, Closet Clown, and Fortune Kooky. I have many more favorites, mostly from the 1995-1996 era of the show.
  • Its a good tv show.

Rocko's modern life, is a great and very interesting tv show, some episodes are ridiculous but they are very funny and interesting. Rocko's modern life remember me my childhood, because is one of the less show that nickelodeon has in this days, is a decent show, it have well writen episodes and good adventures. It is a great invention and a great tv show. I like this show, SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Ren and Stimpy show are other nicktoons that I like more because they and Rocko's modern life are not only for children, they are for adult and teen-agers too!!!
  • Bring it back!

This tv show, just like CatDog, is not so popular anymore. But, I would really appreciate if it came back on. If you think of it this way, nobodys going to watch it forever, and if you show repeats, more people who are just growing up can see it, and then they would be new to them, so the point is, this show can become popular again.
  • You had to be there...

In the early/mid 90s, More than shows like Animaniacs or The Simpsons,RMLproved to me that adults were back into toons again -like it had been in the 40's with Tex Avery, or the 20's with Felix the Cat. It was surreal, mental,edgy but at the same time cute and endearing, thanks to the hapless but loveable wallaby main character (though it was akinda odd Australian accent). Nothing else was quite like this show, and sadly Joe Murray never reached such heights again (e.g. his pretty dreary 'Camp Lazlo' from the 00's).

Though I hadn't realised it, I had been waiting all my life to see mad experimental giraffes on afternoon tv. With this before dinner and X-Files, Babylon 5 or DS9 after, I was a happy camper.

The show was was wonderfully adult, but unlike contempories like Ren and Stimpy, still cool for kids. An animated 90's Gem which time has forgot, along with the like of Road Rovers, or The Critic.

When I first visited the USA in 1997 a Weiner-mobile pulled up outside the hotel I was staying in Albany NY. I never knew such things really existed. Maybe Rocko was an accurate portrayal of mid 90's America after all!

Rod

• Why did they name him Rocko?

I think Rocko is one of the awsomeist shows ever! Why I rated it 9.5 is because the too adult humor. Rocko was the 4th nicktoon on nick. :) And Nicktoons Network canceled it for Spongebob! How good of show is Spongebob? His two friends Heffer and Flibert are sometimes nude(Heffer)and a nerd(Flibert). Rocko's pet dog is the normal aniamal that can't talk. ;) His two next door neighbors are Ed and Bev bighead, with a son voiced by the creator who created the Fatheads. >) And a slug and two comelons. Put them all togther and it makes Rocko's modren life.
  • I love this show. And guys, it is still on tv (for those who did not know)...read rest of review.

Rocko is a great show. It is much better than some other shows out there, like spongebob. It didnt last very long though. Wouldnt it be great for Nick to make new episodes?

---------

Anyway, Rocko is still on TV. When you ask? Am I nuts, you ask? Well, its not going to help many, but for those who have digital cable or satlite, Rocko is still broadcasted on Nicktoons in the morning at 7 and 7:30, and the same episodes are also in the afternoon at 5 and 5:30. Ok, so its old news, and MOST people know about it, but for those of you who didnt, uh, there you go :)
  • One Wierd but awesome show.

I loved wacthing this show. The characters were so intresting and wierd. It's cool that if you have Direct tv, they have the Nicktoons channel and sometimes they show reruns of this crazy cartoon.My freind was pointing out to me that while wacthing an old episode, there were some different kinds of little jokes or subliminal messages in the cartoon. Or it could just be the fact that back then cartoons still had guts and weren't all wimpy like some of the cartoons we have today. Some of the cartoons today Wouldn't have stood a chance against cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7