Rocko's Modern Life

Nickelodeon (ended 1996)

mysterytipster

Rocko's Modern Life Fan Reviews (184)

• Rocko's Modern Life dominates in Old-School shows, and brings life to the New-School shows.

Rocko's Modern Life is simply put amazing. It's a great show wether your a kid or an adult, I loved it as a kid, and I've been hooked on it since, well, right now. Rocko's Modern Life consists of 3 main characters, or 4. Rocko, the kanagroo like character who is normally nice, unless you'd get on his bad side.

Then there is Heffer, a big, lovable, yellow steer. He's fairly big, and he doesn't have much knowledge, and one passion that could stay with him fore-ever if eating, he loves eating with a desire.

Then Filburt, the genius, or the smartest of the 3-4. Filburt is a turtle with weird glasses & pants. He's normally quiet, or doesn't speak as the others do.

Then Spunky, Rocko's pet, Rocko loves Spunky with his life, but Spunky isn't that smart, he's a white dog with black spots on him, and barks usually through the show. He eats garbage, and loves eating/biting the neighbor's hedges.

The sums up the characters of the show, & the show was created in 93 & ended in 96. I seemed to lose hope once it was gone, but soon in 04-05, I learned about the new Nicktoons channel, filled with Rocko's Modern Life, then here we go, I find the old-school show that I loved with a passion, and I get hooked into it again. It's a show that you really can't stick off, it's so funny, & awesome, it was great for it's time. It has made some great shows, or not so great shows. So people were inspired by this show. But then came SpongBob SquarePants, more for the kiddies, that blew up in Rocko's face, and made it a hit. But Rocko's Modern life is still on top, it's just awesome. It's something that you will always remember, whether you don't watch it or you still do. It's inspired much & has created entertainment for thw whole world, my point is that Rocko's Modern Life is awesome. It's just great, you can't go wrong with this show, if you have Comcast, Find the Nicktoons channel, and find when it's on, you'll love it for sure. It's simply "Old-School."
  • Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Without Rocko, Nick is nothing. Possibly one of the cartoons to ever appear on TV. But why? Oh, I'll show you... (Spoiler Free)

I was young when I first saw Rocko in '96. It was the first cartoon I was ever obsessed with. However, I didn't get to see it much, thanks to my dad's hatred of even the smallest hints of adult humor in a kid's cartoon. But when dad went to work, my mom would let me watch my Rocko video on loop (and it even contained the infamous "milking scene!"). And I would shut up for the rest of the day.

And you know what?

I still love it.

This show as too many qualities for me to list, it's just pure brilliance. It was overlooked by Nick and ended before what I think was its time. It's a sad though, the channel went downhill when Rocko was cancelled. When I first got Nicktoons TV, I was overjoyed - Rockjo was never played at all anymore, and now I had 2 episodes a day. My fandom grew even larger.

I have seen almost every episode, and I never get tired of this series. And you know what? I don't think I ever will.
  • Yet, another good Nicktoon Nick once had until they found this certain thing called....CRACK!

I love Rocko's Modern Life! It was created by Joe Murray (and Stephen Hillenburg, I think). It was good for children and adults! My favorite episode was the one when Heffer had a near death experience by choking on a chicken bone, but why did they call Satan peaches? Doesn't even look like a peach. The episode, "Fishi'n Chumps" was my second favorite, and my third favorite was "Wacky Delli". I miss this show, I wish Joe Murray can surprise Nickelodeon and bring this show back, but I don't think he wants to. Did anyone know that Sponge Bob was based/totally ripped from this show? We can even compare the characters:
    Sponge Bob:He's like Rocko only childish
    Patrick:He's like Heffer
    Gary:He's Like Spunky
    Squidward:He's like the Bigheads
    Mr. Krabs:He's like Rocko's boss
    Sandy:She's like Filburt of Sheila
    Plankton: He's like the Bigheads too!
    The Flying Dutchman:He's like Peaches
    My Leg! Guy: He's like ????
    That's because Sponge Bob was also made by Mr. Hillenburg. But it never beats Rocko!
  • A longtime favorite of mine

Rocko's Modern Life, When I was younger I would get a whole bunch of snacks and just lay on the couch watching T.V. until rocko came on.

It was a great show, although it did have a few inappropiate things.. Like rocko's boss who always had a cigar in his mouth..

I have seen every episode, and I love all of them. This is a show that can't be missed. It may be 12 years old.. but it still pulls out all of it's tricks.

Although I liked this show, I also disliked it too. but at least it kept me entertained.. until ren and stimpy came on.. so I hope it does the same for you.
  • As far as I know it... This is, definitely, one of the best shows Nick has ever made!

This is one of the first few shows I've seen in Nickelodeon (South East Asia). By the way, this Nickelodeon first aired in our country in 2003.

Let's settle this review first with my timeline...

2003; First seen this show (I was at 4th grade that time), I actually thought that; Heffer was the main character in this show, Rocko was a girl (I thought he was wearing a skirt!) and that he's a dog (but his tail really intrigued me, that's not a dog's tail), this show first aired in 1990!

But after I saw the intro, I found out that Rocko is a kangaroo (close enough!), but later then I found he's really a wallaby. And then he became my faved cartoon character for 3 or 4 years.

2007; The time Nickelodeon showed the "Nick Classics" segment. Great! The show went back, but that didn't make Rocko my faved catoon character again, since the segment only aired for a few weeks and the show airs at 10:30 pm (but after this segment was gone, it airs at 5:00 am)!

Now I found out Heffer is a steer, and Rocko has an Australian accent (I didn't remember that he had that back then)!

2009; Recent (I'm in 1st year college. Isn't it awkward to see that I'm still watching cartoons?). So my first reaction was; "They replaced Heathcliff's time schedule to this show! Ha!" Guess what? Rocko became my favorite cartoon charcter again! Yeah, I really missed him.

Now, I'm understanding the show better than before. I found out; the show has adult themes in it (I didn't get them before), the show first aired at 1993 instead of 1990, the episode "Trash-O-Madness" was the very first episode of the series (no wonder the animation and charcter design was way different than the rest of the episodes), the show only had 52 episodes (I was expecting at least a hundred), that this show was well-known in America, Filburt is a hypochondriac, and the rest that I found out are from wiki and other research sites.

Isn't it weird that I feel pity for Rocko? I mean come on, he's usually unlucky and gets hurt (mostly from season 1). What did he even do wrong?! Well, at least he's luckier at the later seasons. By the way, I just discovered last week that I can draw Rocko, Heffer and Filburt without any source to copy at (I can draw Filburt the best)!

So enough of bragging. My review is turning more of a blog! This show is about a wallaby that moved from Australia to the U.S.A. and his life (and problems) that he has to deal with. Tagging along with him is Heffer, a gluttonous steer, and Filburt, a hypochondriac turtle (I'm nauseous! I'm nauseous!), they sometimes make troubles even worse. The antagonist (most of the time) is Rocko's neighbor, Mr. Bighead, who is desperate to make Rocko's life miserable, which backfires. So much for that one...
    The story is close to being unpredictable, that's what makes it good!

This show is related to Spongebob Squarepants, despite Stephen Hillenburg being in the RML crew. But the story is different, and it's not a ripoff. Spongebob can't be the equivalent of Rocko, because (besides being a main character) Spongebob is really playful and can be annoying at some points, he's a people person, and he usually tends to act weird especially with Patrick. Patrick can be an equivalent of Heffer, since they're both gluttons and they're mentally impaired (Patrick doesn't even have a brain).
    By the way, don't you even think that Spongebob would not exist or be a lame show if RML wasn't made? Stephen Hillenburg would probably not have an experience in making a cartoon!

On last thing, Rocko wouldn't be awesome if he doesn't have "rock" in his name. Get it? As in "rock on".

I gave it a 9.6 because it's a great show, but some episodes are just lame; otherwise, I'll give a 10!
  • Rockos Modern Life!

I remember when I first saw this show. It wasn't on Nick, but it was on Nicktoons. It was a great show, really funny and it kinda seemed like Looney Tunes. they have great characters(Rocko the wallaby, Heffer the Steer, Fillburt the Turtle, Mr. and Mrs. Bighead) I think this show was Steve Hillenburg's inspiration for Spongebob. He was in charge for the whole 4th season once Joe Murray left. Just like the way Paul Tibbit took over Spongebob when Steve Hillenburg left. Rockos modern Life is a great show with great episodes(Road Rash, Canned, Zanzibar, Trash O Matic, Fortune cookie, Wacky delly) I highly reccomend this show to Spongebob fans and Ren and Stimpy fans, but nobody under 7, because there's mild gross humor.
  • One of the best Nicktoons ever made in my mind. Should be on Nickelodeon not on Nicktoons Network.

I really liked this show. This is definetely one of the best Nicktoons ever made. This show is about Rocko, a kind, smart wallabee who lives with his dog, Spunky in O-Town. Rocko, along with his best friends Heffer, and Filbert have many adventures in every day life. The humor in this show is good. Most of the jokes are really funny. My favorite episode was the one when Rocko was teaching Mrs. Wollfe how to drive. I thought that episode was really hilarious! Isn't it coool how you can have a trainee driver compete in a demolission derby and win. That's really cool. The dialog in this show is awesome!! The funny moments with Rocko, and Heffer will keep you hooked on the series. The lines, and actions are child friendly, which is good. Overall, awesome show, great humor, awesome dialog, solid music, lovable characters. I just wish that this show is on Nickelodeon instead of Nicktoons Network. They rarely show it on NN. Rocko's Mern Life in my mind, should replace horrible shows like The Naked Brother's Band, and Tak. I miss this show alot!
  • One of the funniest cartoons ever

This show was about a wallaby named Rocko, who emigrates to America from Austrailia, and has adventures with his friends Heffer the steer, and Filburt Turtle. Rocko also had neighbors named the Bigheads who didn't really like him at all (well, maybe just Ed, but still) and they're important to the show too. One of the things I really like about this show is all the adult jokes they were able to hide in it, like for example they're restaurant was called "Chokey Chicken" for most of the show's run (not going to explain the joke, go on wiki or something.) Overall, a very inventive, classic, and funny show, and a favorite of mine. 10/10 A+
  • This show was possibly one of the best shows ever on T.V

Rocko's Modern Life is a cartoon that aired from 1994-1997 on Nickalodeon. It is about a wallaby from Austrailia that deals with problems in his everday modern life in O-Town, along with his friend Hefer, the steer, and Filbert, the turtle. O-Town also has many other characters that contribute to Rocko's modern problems.
  • This was not only "trademarked" 90's show, it was probably one of the greatest television programs ever made. (Click here for an interesting review, researched facts and trivia, and critiques)

Ah, Rocko's Modern Life. Even the name is music to my ears...

Rocko's Modern life was based on the adventures of an Australian wallaby who lived in the hectic town of O-Town, and he often got into adventures with his pals, Heffer (an obese steer), and Filbert (a somewhat nerdy and seasick turtle), along with his tiny dog named Spunky.

This, along with shows like Dexter's Laboratory, SpongeBob Squarepants, Johnny Bravo, etc. was one of the shows that defined my childhood. I remember sitting upstairs in my room with my brother around 6:30 PM in the evenings watching this hilarious cartoon. I always loved it's bizarre jokes and surreal humor. The characters were all so colorful and humorous and they each had a distinct personality that gave the show a certain type of vibe that couldn't be matched by any other show (unless you count SpongeBob Squarepants, and coincidentally, it was made by the same people).

The music in the show was always so mellow and relaxed and added to the atmosphere of the program. If the atmosphere was supposed to be relaxing, the music was relaxing, if the atmosphere was supposed to be scary, the music was a little scary, and so forth.

One comment I have to make is that the show is highly-notorious for having some adult-oriented humor as well as jokes little kids could laugh at. For one thing, the show was notable for referencing homosexuality and dirty innuendos. The restaurant that the trio liked to hang out was named "Chokey Chicken" and was renamed "Chewey Chicken" for...various reasons. Also, this show sometimes went a little over the limit, and had a few episodes remove some scenes because it was "too mature" for kids. An example would be in a camping episode when Rocko was eating some berries at a bush. He grabs for one of the berries, only to reveal a bear screaming in pain and holding it's "private area".

The reason why the show had some adult-oriented humor was because Mr. Joe Murray, the creator of the show, stated that he didn't understand children's humor yet. He knew only how to amuse adults. Either way, I, being a kid when this show was on the air, loved it nonetheless.

I'm not so sure about anyone else, but I find this cartoon virtually flawless. It had a catchy theme song (especially the version by the B-52's) and the comedy was just gold. My research has shown that a lot of the writers, directors, and voice-actors from this show went on to work on SpongeBob Squarepants, a Nicktoon that is alive and well today. However, this show is going downhill fast, mainly due to the fact that the original writers of SB have left the series to pursue other projects.

Tom Kenny, the voice for Heffer Wolffe on Rocko's Modern Life, is the voice of SpongeBob, while Mr. Lawrence, the voice of Filbert, is the voice of Plankton, Mr. Krabs' arch nemesis and business rival.

I really didn't notice when this show was cancelled, as re-runs were shown all the time. The show was incredible, and although some of it's glory lived on in it's offspring, SpongeBob Squarepants, it was really a loss for 90's kids.

Mr. Joe Murray later on to create another show, this time for Cartoon Network, called "Camp Lazlo". Although it did have a few of the original voice-actors for Rocko, as well as some of the same directors, to me, that show seemed like a Spongebob wannabe, and it got a little stale after seeing similar storylines and personalities.

Both are always happy, have two buddies with them, similar soundtracks, a character who despises them (Squidward is to SpongeBob as Lumpus is to Lazlo), and the character "Patsy Smiles" resembles "Sandy Cheeks" in a few ways, like the fact that they both are both furry, small creatures, and have some kind of relationship with the main characters.

For the most part, Rocko's Modern Life was a great show, and I certainly hope it gets released to DVD real soon.
  • Amazing. Period.

I can't really explain the awesomeness of this show into words, all I can say is Rocko's Modern Life is one of the greatest cartoons from the 90s. Why they ended it? I have no idea. All I can say is that the show was clever and funny and it was really entertaining. Sure, it did show some elements unsuitable for children, but hey, it seems like every show did that back in the day. The creator of this went on to create what again? Camp Lazlo? Yeah...Definately didn't live up to this masterpiece.
  • The Golden 90s

For me, the 90s were the golden age of cartoons but maybe because that's when I grew up? I think it's more than that. This was around the time cartoons more commonly started integrating some more adult content. I'm fully aware that The Flintstones was THE first animated series directed towards adults, but at the time, it was still considered a tame show. Then my point leads to The Simpsons which was an IDEAL 90s animated series. The Simpsons catered to adults in a more vigor way, however, children might have a hard time getting into it.

However, this all might've triggered a new wave of cartoon influence that also eventually leaked into the channels directed towards children. Nickelodeon in this case, Cartoon Network... not so much. There's still one element I want to talk about still so I'll come back to this.

THE 90s Nick show according to the general is Ren & Stimpy. Ren & Stimpy combines a retrospective level of animation and physics associated with Looney Toons even and fuses with occasional adult content. I've watched a lot of cartoons back then, including Ren & Stimpy and the subject here; Rocko's Modern Life. Enjoy them both, but at the time I was also oblivious to the adult content while obviously not pushing through the PG line, yet, my attention remains captured because these shows are about appealing to children and adults alike which was an issue finally addressed. Because you have the anthropomorphic characters fashioned through animation/physics of a 40s/50s revival type of style and pairs it with occasional references that the "adults" would understand.

When these shows' respective series have ended, yes I did move on, until around mid 2000s I remember catching a Rocko's Modern Life episode late at night on a Nick channel and it was heart-warming, brought back memories. Nostalgia effect probably, but because I have aged a little more, I now understand more things about these two shows than I previously haven't.

But now the history lesson is out of the way I want to settle the score in which of those two shows I actually like more. Rocko likely derived from Ren & Stimpy which sparked a little accusation of parasitism (I don't care about this. Influence is natural and I do believe in exceeding over your peers). Animation fluency and physics from both shows are good and you'll always get an element of laugh-ability from either. Ren & Stimpy however did last longer.

But now here is why I prefer Rocko's Modern Life. It has all of the contents I've previously described, yet it still manages to be warm and homey where as Ren & Stimpy might get a little carried away. I have a far bigger connection to the characters as well. Rocko himself is a mild-mannered down to Earth wallaby, friendly, not looking for attention, but nevertheless situations that dart at him brings the most out of his character, including timidness, sadness and irritation. Rocko is probably my favorite cartoon character ever created. Heffer the steer is a mooch (in a good way) and sort of like a frat boy buddy to Rocko. Filburt is a finicky and oftentimes bi-polar turtle.

The setting is like everyday life of young adulthood (love, finance, community, etc) with realistic elements and some fantasy ones mixed together and it oftentimes parodies/satires some of the objects on the show to real life.

All together, there are so many elements in this show, elements that would even seem to contrast with each other... but it doesn't. Childish, adult, warm, punishing, friendly, aggressive. All of it is there. I just wish the show didn't stop at 4 seasons, because I can't get enough of it.

I'm not discrediting Ren & Stimpy by any means. It's still my second favorite animated series ever.
  • BRINGGGGG ROCKOOO BACKKKK!

This show is so halarious! This show is one of the best ever made, and is humorous for both adults and kids. This show needs to be brought back. All of the great humor in this show makes it equally or more funny than Family Guy. I can not believe that Nick messed up yet again by taking this show off the air. Even if it is cancelled, they should atleast air the show once a week or something. Now the only place you can view the show is on a spin off channel that most people dont get called "Nicktoons", and even then it is rarely on. All I have to say is if you see that this show is on, WATCH IT! You dont know what you are missing!
  • strongly lovable show

i really wish i was born a little bit earlier so i couid enjoy all this show had to offer i meen im a little kid about about to go to middle school this year and im posting in forums like a critic and this show is making me feel like true jackson vp (jk) but it does really make me feel appreciated so much im almost full to burst.i mean im going back to school in style and in confidence.so i really got nothing else to say but im going to wrap this up see you later me former glackshnorver.
  • Rocko Monder Life Rocks!

One of My favroite Nick Show got canned for no reason beacause it's werid yet CatDog is re-runing itself Why?

beacsue they want childern to watch bullies alway win well for one thing CatDog is more "Tak & the Power of Juju" than "Veggietales" slick if soul less

but Rocko will alway be Nick's verson of Veggietales beacause Ed Big Head never overdose the villian thing like Rancid Rabbit so Nick, I ask you to Bring it Back beause Link TV got an E-Mail saying that Rocko should air on May on Link TV Rock will always be loved by millions, Bring it Back.

I think it's kind of stupid that the 90's Are All That would replace this show for that dumb CatDog show. CatDog is TeenNick's version of Johnny Test. (hate CatDog now?)
  • best show on nick

This show is amazing. Nick is really struggling now, with 'rocket monkeys' and 'hearts and farts'. Nicks glory days were obviously the 1900s. The shows like ren and stimpy, angry beavers, and rockos modern life, it was the best kids station. But with constant Spongebob, teen shows, and Nick studio 10, it sucks. Nick should bring these shows back.
  • Nickelodeon is trying to cover this show up.

They never put this show in their Nick Rewind segments, or even put it on demand. Other shows, such as Catdog, Angry Beavers, Rugrats, and even Ren and Stimpy are always on demand or on the nick rewind. This will not do. They need to reshow this gem so the next generation can know what an awesome cartoon this was, and still is.
  • One of my favourites ever since I was a child!

This show has to be one of the best cartoons that have ever aired.

I remember always watching this show with my dad when I was younger, it was something that COULD NOT be missed.

The humor was so good, and the art style very appealing.

Forever a classic.
  • I have never seen a cartoon better than this one.

Rocko's Modern Life is the fourth Nicktoon. It premiered in 1993, and it sadly ended in 1996. The show follows an Austrailian wallaby named Rocko as he moved to the a strange American town, O-Town. There he meets his new best friends Heffer, and Filburt. This show contains some off-the-wall craziness, similar to the previous Nicktoon "The Ren & Stimpy Show", but the difference is "Rocko's Modern Life" is EVEN CRAZIER! And that's a good thing, because if it weren't for that this show wouldn't be near as funny as it is. I love Rocko's dog Spunky. He's just so stupid that he's cute. A lot of people who worked on this show later worked on the popular 1999 Nicktoon "SpongeBob SquarePants". A show that is good, but near as good as this one! The only cartoons that even come close to being as good as Rocko are "Ren & Stimpy", "The Tick", "Freakazoid!", "Animaniacs", "Ed, Edd, n' Eddy" and "The Angry Beavers". All of wich came out in the 90's! Man, I really miss those great cartoons. RML really, really, REALLY needs to be released on DVD. If it was I'd buy it in a second! Another thing this show was notable for was it's adult innuendos. Some people say the innuendo makes this show innapropriate for children. I disagree. I don't think any kid would pick up on any of those. I didn't even notice them until recently on YouTube. Overall, everyone should give this show a chance. It is hilarious, and one of the most enjoyable cartoons of all time. It shares the #1 Best Nicktoon spot with "The Ren & Stimpy Show".

My Rating: 10 out of 10.
  • Easily the best nicktoon ever mad!! I wish they start making them again or at least put them on season dvds.

I just got digital cable and i am finally able to watch this again on the Nicktoons channel, and you know what? Its just as good as i remember it being. The characters are classic, rocco is the normal person, Heffer is the party animal cow, and Philbert is the nerdy turtle, and they all come together to make some of the funniest stuff i have seen in a cartoon.

The show is a must see, i would really like Nick to put it on DVD because i would pick it up in a second.
  • I miss this show a lot...

This show was one of Nick's best! Rocko and his friends, Heffer and Filburt always had funny though sometimes creepy adventures! I watched this show everyday I came home from school. This deserves the term classic. Even the minor characters were good for minor characters. I remember the one with Mother Nature and Mr. Bighead got shocked. I'm sad that Nick's rolling out the trash recently. Kids of today should really see this show and know that not every show on Nick is absolute crap.
  • Why did Nick. change, Why?

I remember watching this as a kid with the other great Nicktoons-Ren and Stimpy, Rugrats, etc. I loved this show and am going to be getting that Nicktoons channel now, so I can watch the old episodes again. I completely missed the adult humor in the show, Chokey Chicken??!

My favorite episode of all time is the one where they have to fly somewhere, and in the first class section of the plane there is a piano player, someone carving a ham, and it just looks like the inside of a mansion. Then when Rocko gets to the back of the plane, where he has to sit, its like a barn and there's chickens running around in the aisles. And he cuts his one peanut for dinner with a knife and fork!!! HHA!!! Anyone who flies Delta can relate.
  • Rocko Rocks!! This show changed Nickelodeon!

I Love this show! This is definetly my favorite show that ever appeared on Nickelodeon! I loved every episode!

This show appeared in 1993 but I didn't actualy start to watch it untill around 1995. I was hooked ever since! It would be absolutely awesome to see it back on Nickelodeon! Every episode of Rocko's modern life was so funny!

trance88
  • Rocko rules!

When this show first began i wasn't born yet, so i found out about this show when my family had Nicktoon's Network, i watched some episodes, and i laughed at some of them, this show is funny, also pretty good! Rocko's Moern Life is based on a world filled with animals that talk like they're humans! Rocko, the main character, is an Ausralian Wallaby that moved to America and then has a pet dog Spunky. In his new neighborhood, there are two guys that become friends with him, Heffa and some guy that looks like a turtle, i forget his name. There is also Dr. Hutchinson in some of the episodes. Another one of Nick's good classics in my opinion. It didn't last very long though, as it only ran for about three years, so it ended kind of fast. Now that it is canceled, Nicktoon's Network hopefully still shows great reruns of Rocko's Modern Life. I liked to watch Rocko! He is so cute!
  • The show featured a Wallabe as it's star character - for his friends - a turtle and a cow - neighbors were 2 big toads - How can you go wrong with a show like that?!

I miss this program, it was such a funny show to watch - even my dad thought it was funny! Like I said you can't go wrong with characters such as a wallabe, cow, toads, a fly, and a turtle! Almost every episode had sexual inuendos that I never noticed until I just recently re-watched most of the episodes - Kinda like Spongebob, mostly every episode theres a hidden sexual reference in mostly every episode - which is probably a factor to why it was canceled. Rocko's Modern Life was a very funny show, only on for four seasons - definitely watch the episodes if you're bored! Gimme a message and I'll give you a website for all episodes.
  • What's Not To Like About Rocko?

Rocko's Modern Life has got to be one of Nickelodeon's greatest cartoons, but for some strange reason, is also one of the shortest lived Nick programs. While programs such as "Rugrats" and "SpongeBob" seem(ed) to live on and on - there was only ever a handful of Rocko seasons ever produced...
    This cartoon starts off each episode with a great intro theme - "That was a HOOT!" (actually sung by the fantastic B52s)!
    It concerns a Wallaby (named Rocko) and his best friend Heffer (the Steer). Also featuring is Filbert (the Turtle), Mr And Mrs Big Head (a couple of Toads who are Rocko's neighbors) and Dr Hutchinson (a Cat - and Filbert's girlfriend).
    Rocko lives in the city of O-Town.
    The voice of Heffer was supplied by Tom Kenny (who also does the voice of Dog on "CatDog", and of course he also supplies the (sometimes very annoying)voice of SpongeBob SquarePants).
  • The only good show that has ever came on Nickeloden. Well, Danny Phantom & Invader Zim are pretty good, too.

This is by far, the best show that has ever been on Nickeloden. It would have been much better if Joe Murray had taken it to Cartoon Network much like he did with Camp Lazlo. In fact, he said Nickeloden is too conservitive and that is why he doesn't ever intended on making any more shows for Nickeloden, not to mention the bad taste in programming (what kind of idiot wants to watch Spongebob, the Fairly Odd Parents, All Grown Up, Rugrats, Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go[no, really, go and don't come back!!], & well the list goes on & on. I wish more shows on Nickeloden would follow in this shows footsteps and be funny and creative. Sadly, this has only occurred twice so far, with Danny Phantom & Invader Zim, and it may never happen again.
  • Verry good show it was ruined by nick and should come back on the air

Rocko's modern life is a very good show and it is a classic. i like how they have the wity style that you don't see anymore. Rocko is a austalian animal who has a friend named Heffer who is really funny. This show only lasted 3 years but it should have lasted alot longer. rugrats is another show that is about this age but should have been kicked off the air in 1991 should not even last one season it is vert dull to me and is so much worse then rocko's modern life. This is where nick takes good shows and kills them and takes off all the good shows but they keep the crap, wild thornberrys, catdog, rugrats, extera......

To rap this up rocko is a very creative character who has this cool Australian accent and should be still on the air
  • Top Shows (of the 90s)