Rolie Polie Olie

Disney Channel (ended 2007)

Rolie Polie Olie Fan Reviews (7)

7.6
  • THIS is what you call a kids show. No constantly stupid songs or dances, and no breaking the fourth wall to talk to the audience.

I remember when I was sick one day from school, I was flipping through channels and came across this show. Rolie Polie Olie is about a young robot boy who lives with his family and learns lessons in life. The show is like many kids shows about life lessons and is actually great for everyone. The show has its educational values like sharing, or telling the truth, but what I love about this show is that it doesn't keep harping on the moral, but is actually balanced between family fun and educational. The show is also done in CGI, but the CGI is excellent. The characters have unique designs, lip syncs are perfect, and the sets themselves are creative an can catch your eye. The show also has its funny moments, and while it's not laugh til you doe funny, it has a good amount of humor. But by far, one of the best things in this show is the fact that there are 2 things that aren't in this show. No breaking the fourth wall and talking to the audience who is not there, and no constant songs or dances. Those two things are a big problem in many kids shows, but RPO rejects that idea, and sticks to the original format. I was so sad to see this show end after 9 years and is an excellent kids show. Disney get rid of your current kids shows and bring shows like Rolie Polie Olie, and Bear in the Big Blue House back on please. This has everything that makes a kids show fun to watch.