Rollergirls

Monday 10:00 PM on A&E Premiered Jan 02, 2006 Between Seasons

waltmor

Rollergirls Fan Reviews (7)

7.2
  • I love this show! It makes it more interesting having personal ties to it...

This show is one of the best reality / documentaries to come along in a long time. It's especially interesting to me since I am an Austinite. I love its representation of the "South Austin / Keep Austin Weird" lifestyle, and the fact that it shows the world that not everyone in Texas is a cowboy with a ranch! Add to that the fact that my family knows members of the show personally, and it makes it my new favorite. Two of the Rollergirls went to the school my wife works at, and one of the captains still teaches there. Clay, SMJ's boyfriend, is a graduate (BTW- they are still in Hawaii), and my wife also knows Frankie (Lux's boyfriend) from her bartending days. Awesome to see all these people's lives and how they interact!
  • I love this more & more each time I watch.

I am really getting into this show. These women are amazing to behold. However more then that, what I am most thankful for is that the producers of the show have actually gotten to (what seems to be) the core of the women's lives.

It's impressive to be able to see a show like this & for it to not focus on the whole T & A aspect of it. It would have been so easy to exploit the situation & turn it into some sort of booty-babe-freakshow. Instead we get a look at women who are mothers, sisters, wives, girlfriends who have found a way to feel powerful, sexy and confident in a competetive situation & maybe bring some of that out into their everyday lives as well.

I don't want to sound corny over a television show but this is really inspirational. I only wish that we had a league where I live.
  • Pretty Cool !!!!

I've always been a fa nof Roller Derby since bavk in the 70's. Rollergirls is quite entetaining & I'm becoming a fan !!! as of noe Venis Envy is my fave buft Clownsnack is starting to grow on me !!! I like the fact that the show reflects on their real lifes as well as ther Roller Derby lives!! Hopefully the show will become a hit & the girls will start touring !!!!!!!!
  • Fun soap opera on wheels! Only here the catfights are real.

I thought this would be explotive but i was wrong.
    It's fun and draws the viewer in.
    Showing the girls in the "real" world helps to insure that they are seen as normal people not just the "characters" they assume while skating.
    I'm drawn by the "politics" going on behing the scene and woud like to see more background on how that occured.
    Over all this is fun and distracting entertainment.
  • Wow. This was unexpected...

Years ago back on TNN, I recall passing by Rollerjam, thinking that it was one of the stupidest things I'd ever seen. I'd watch a few minutes, laugh, and quickly change the channel before anyone else walked into the room to see what I was doing.

Imagine my suprise when I stumbled across Rollergirls one Saturday afternoon. Bored, I decided to watch. 'The Rookie' was the episode and within about 5 minutes, the show had created about 3 characters that I was genuinely interested in. The stylish production also drew me in.

Here's the thing about Rollergirls - despite the overall sport still being pretty goofy in my eyes, the show paints an awesome sense of drama and genuine characters that you can't help but hate and love. Because of that, you will actually be caring about the outcome of the eventual match-up between the 2 teams. I can safely say I was PISSED when the Holy Rollers beat the Hellcats in episode 2.

Simply one of the better documentary/reality shows that I've ever come across.
  • THis ROCKS HARD! ROLLER GIRLS IS AN ATTENTION STEALER! YOU'LL BE ADDICTED AFTER WATCHING 30 MINS. OF THE SHOW. THE CHARACTERS ARE SO RELATABLE TO REAL LIFE! I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THIS SHOW ON THE AIR FOR A LONG TIME! ROLLER GIRLS RULE!

I\'ve seen one episode and Im hooked. I can relate to these girls more than I can the snobbish clickish girls of LaGuna Beach. You have a winner here. And it helps that these girls are from Texas. I believe they are more relatable and reach a broader audience than \"the Beach\" I dont know too many females that can relate to the character in Orange County. Now Austing Texas, that\'s a little different.

I look forward to seeing more of this reality show!

Good Bye and Happy Watching until the next Post!
    Love Classyladystar aka Reality Show JUNKIE1
  • Interesting show!

First, I have to say that I hate reality programs. But I started watching this last week and found it extremely interesting. I like how it focuses on two members of two rival teams before they have their bout. The girls are interesting people, and I like how it shows their everyday lives and jobs and blends it with their sport, rivalries with other teams, and even the celebrating. I think these girls could probably even drink me under the table. And that's what I really like about this show. It's not politically correct to show women drinking and raising hell. But that makes them even more interesting. I usually do not watch this type of show. I don't even like Survivor. So far, my favorite rollergirl is Miss Conduct. And from watching the previews from future episodes I hope they focus more on her. I wonder why she's getting arrested in next weeks episode? The commecicial makes it look like it's because she beat up some other team member. Maybe that's just the way it's edited? If it's not, maybe Miss Conducts team should single out the complainer and...